Why do ppl in bg drive so slow?

Posted in the Bowling Green Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Megan

Elizabethtown, KY

#1 Oct 29, 2009
it drives me INSANE! everywhere ive went today ive been behind a 90 year old granny driving ugh god road rage!
slowpoke

Bowling Green, KY

#2 Oct 29, 2009
saves gas, and....really....what's the hurry???
Megan

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Oct 29, 2009
are u kidding me? most of these people arent even doin the speed limit, its always under
Megan

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Oct 29, 2009
im Not sayn ppl should do 90 but damn
Megan

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Oct 29, 2009
great name 4u (slow poke) u must represent most of bowling green
fukit

Canton, OH

#6 Oct 29, 2009
slow ass imbred f_____rs thats whats wrong with them
Laugh

Glasgow, KY

#7 Oct 30, 2009
We are scared to go faster. Were waiting to get hit by your retarded ass. So were now gun shy and pay more attention to the way you're driving and the way's to avoid you. We figure if we drive alower you might go around us and kill the next guy.
Krazy J

Horse Cave, KY

#8 Oct 30, 2009
I can identify with what the original poster said. There are four things I hate to get behind: slow poke drivers, bicyclists, farm machinery, and Amish buggies. I like food, so I can tolerate farm machinery. I just wish farmers wouldn't get out at rush hour. I understand physical fitness, so I can tolerate bicyclists if they follow the rules. I don't tolerate the Amish as well, even though I know being a moving nuisance is part of their religious heritage. I really can't tolerate idiot Amish who believe their religious beliefs trump public safety, thinking they can drive a buggy at midnight on a moonless night without lights or safety markers. And I somewhat tolerate slow drivers, but they do drive me crazy. If people can't drive the speed limit, it's probably time to quit driving. Old people hate to give up their independence. So I try to have some compassion for them. However, their independence shouldn't trump other people's safety.
Laugh

Glasgow, KY

#9 Oct 30, 2009
Krazy J wrote:
I can identify with what the original poster said. There are four things I hate to get behind: slow poke drivers, bicyclists, farm machinery, and Amish buggies. I like food, so I can tolerate farm machinery. I just wish farmers wouldn't get out at rush hour. I understand physical fitness, so I can tolerate bicyclists if they follow the rules. I don't tolerate the Amish as well, even though I know being a moving nuisance is part of their religious heritage. I really can't tolerate idiot Amish who believe their religious beliefs trump public safety, thinking they can drive a buggy at midnight on a moonless night without lights or safety markers. And I somewhat tolerate slow drivers, but they do drive me crazy. If people can't drive the speed limit, it's probably time to quit driving. Old people hate to give up their independence. So I try to have some compassion for them. However, their independence shouldn't trump other people's safety.
Hmmmm, statisticly they get into less accidents then anyone. So who is safer?
Megan

Elizabethtown, KY

#10 Oct 30, 2009
haha (krazy j) i have that same problem in rockfield u must live in the country.
Megan

Elizabethtown, KY

#11 Oct 30, 2009
i dont mind the amish or the tractors much cause i understand, its the way ppl drive in town that drives me nuts!
Guy on a bike

Bowling Green, KY

#12 Oct 30, 2009
Laugh wrote:
We are scared to go faster. Were waiting to get hit by your retarded ass. So were now gun shy and pay more attention to the way you're driving and the way's to avoid you. We figure if we drive alower you might go around us and kill the next guy.
Maybe you, but I chock everyone else up to being a self consumed idiot. Even the cops around here drive with a cellphone attached to their ear. At any given time you'll see more drivers on phones than not. And a good percentage of those are texting. I guess on the plus side, I'd rather see someone poking along than flying if their not going to pay attention to the task at hand. It's ten and two, not knee and phone people.

I completely fell you Megan. I have to deal with this crap on a motorcycle. I've lost count of how many time I've been run out of my lane. Contrary to popular belief, us guys on sportbikes really aren't riding like maniacs. We're just trying to avoid the likes if idiots in cars. 600lb bike vs 4000lb car isn't exactly a fair fight.

I found a t-shirt online the other day that sums up how we feel. "If you see me in your rearview, stay in your f@#%$ lane!"
Goozle

Bowling Green, KY

#13 Oct 30, 2009
slowpoke wrote:
saves gas, and....really....what's the hurry???
If you really wanna save gas, stay home. Whats the hurry? Some of us have jobs and dont have all day to piddle around like you.
slumlord

Bowling Green, KY

#14 Oct 30, 2009
i like to hit those a**holes on mopeds that drive on the street like they're a car

Since: Oct 09

Bowling Green, KY

#15 Oct 30, 2009
I have notice there are is a lot of tailgating going on as well. So for me the people are driving slow as hell or is riding my ass. Usually if the person it riding my bumper I lock it up to see them swerve, etc.

One day this guy tried to pass me on a 25mph (and yes I was going 25mph) street in a congested neighborhood, I moved my car right in the middle, checked my rear view mirror and saw him flipping me off. Thanks to my actions, if I allowed this asshole to pass me, he may have hit a kid that crossed the street.

Just never know what you are going to encounter.

Since: Sep 08

Bowling Green, KY

#16 Oct 30, 2009
Guy on a bike wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you, but I chock everyone else up to being a self consumed idiot. Even the cops around here drive with a cellphone attached to their ear. At any given time you'll see more drivers on phones than not. And a good percentage of those are texting. I guess on the plus side, I'd rather see someone poking along than flying if their not going to pay attention to the task at hand. It's ten and two, not knee and phone people.
I completely fell you Megan. I have to deal with this crap on a motorcycle. I've lost count of how many time I've been run out of my lane. Contrary to popular belief, us guys on sportbikes really aren't riding like maniacs. We're just trying to avoid the likes if idiots in cars. 600lb bike vs 4000lb car isn't exactly a fair fight.
I found a t-shirt online the other day that sums up how we feel. "If you see me in your rearview, stay in your f@#%$ lane!"
How do you "fell" Megan?

Bowling Green, KY

#17 Oct 30, 2009
Goozle wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really wanna save gas, stay home. Whats the hurry? Some of us have jobs and dont have all day to piddle around like you.
So you are saying "because I have a job I own the street, and can drive as fast as I want to because I can never leave the house in time to make it to work in a timley fasion"?

Bowling Green, KY

#18 Oct 30, 2009
Megan wrote:
it drives me INSANE! everywhere ive went today ive been behind a 90 year old granny driving ugh god road rage!
I am Megan, hear me roar!!

Bowling Green, KY

#19 Oct 30, 2009
Megan wrote:
great name 4u (slow poke) u must represent most of bowling green
ME ME ME ME ME
everyone else get out of the way.
Guy on a bike

Bowling Green, KY

#20 Oct 30, 2009
Eric Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you "fell" Megan?
Typo. Should have been "feel".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jessica Carter married to Russ 5 min Eagerly waiting 3
Steve Polycronopolis 15 min STFU 1
Mariah's, 643 Sports Bar Closed 25 min curious 12
Betty's bar (Mar '14) 27 min Jason L69 56
Released on $250000 bond for murder 44 min Hypocrite 50
kelsy england (Jan '12) 1 hr Yeah 9
Add a word, Drop a word. (Jul '12) 1 hr _Zoey_ 4,781
Flora Templeton Stuart Round #2 1 hr scorpion 41
Hit Cents 2 hr bgrez 5
Former WBKO employee Jeff Woods indicted in hit... 20 hr Dave 7