American Freight Furniture

Posted in the Bowling Green Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Sep 08

Alliance, OH

#1 May 2, 2009
Does anyone out there know anything about this company? Are their products worth the money, do the products hold up good, do you like the products if you own one, and would you recommend them to your friends/co-workers?
dave rogers

Russellville, KY

#2 May 2, 2009
a rip off

Since: Sep 08

Alliance, OH

#3 May 2, 2009
dave rogers wrote:
a rip off
how so
dave rogers

Russellville, KY

#4 May 2, 2009
emt49126 wrote:
<quoted text>
how so
dont have any of the deals they advertise they say they havnt got the truck in yet and when asked they say they have no way of knowing when truck is coming. the stuff they have is made very very cheap, not even worth the cheap prices. check out big-lots they have good deals and pretty decent furniture they carry a lot of ashley furniture
rwb

Alliance, OH

#5 May 3, 2009
dave rogers wrote:
<quoted text>dont have any of the deals they advertise they say they havnt got the truck in yet and when asked they say they have no way of knowing when truck is coming. the stuff they have is made very very cheap, not even worth the cheap prices. check out big-lots they have good deals and pretty decent furniture they carry a lot of ashley furniture
We have a couch that we got from Big Lots. We hate it with a passion. The stitching keeps coming undone. It came with no legs. We had to go to Lowe's and buy some. Ashley furniture is cheaply made too.
jackie

Bowling Green, KY

#6 May 8, 2009
emt49126 wrote:
Does anyone out there know anything about this company? Are their products worth the money, do the products hold up good, do you like the products if you own one, and would you recommend them to your friends/co-workers?
DO NOT buy anything from them!! You know the saying you get what you pay for? Well they own it!! I bought my daughter's bedroom suite from them months ago. I paid for it a week in advance because I was moving into my new house the next week. I went to pick it up and they told me the dresser was broken. That was in February. They told me my dresser would be in by 4 days. I still haven't gotten her dresser and they don't want to refund your money either. It's against their policy! I turned them in to the better business bureau and I get to finally either pick up a dresser or money next week!!
WTF

Canton, OH

#7 Jul 27, 2010
i went there today and the short guy was sooo rude i LEFT!!!-- after i told him how rude and unprofessional he was! i actually was showing my mother a bed i was planning on buying, because i had been there before and seen it and liked it a lot. we walked right out after a matter of only about 2 minutes listening to that idiot!
Tired

Evansville, IN

#8 Jul 28, 2010
Rwb if you had contacted Big lots they would have given you the legs to your sofa since they honor all there warranties on there product.More then likely you lost the legs or broke them. It's customers like you that give places a bad name.
ive got it

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Jul 28, 2010
I have bought lots of furniture from Big Lots and have had no trouble. I like theri furniture. My cousin had a living room set he has had for apx. 10 years. He just replaced it but he sold the old set for 300.00 because it was still in excellent condition.
Love it

United States

#10 Jul 28, 2010
emt49126 wrote:
We bought a couch, loveseat, Simmons recliner, 2 end tables & a coffee table from American Freight and love it!! The price was great & we have had no problems with any of it. I would definitely go back there for more furniture.

Canton, OH

#11 Jul 28, 2010
good deals
Mathias

Hilliard, OH

#12 Mar 7, 2011
Tired wrote:
Rwb if you had contacted Big lots they would have given you the legs to your sofa since they honor all there warranties on there product.More then likely you lost the legs or broke them. It's customers like you that give places a bad name.
So...How long have you worked for Big Lots?
crooks

United States

#13 Mar 7, 2011
They are rude and crooks. They will lie to your face without missing a beat. Went to buy a mattress and this kid, think he might have been bosnian, working for them treated me like an idiot. Tried to tell me that the one they had in backstock was same as the other one when they obviously weren't even the same style. Went down the street and bought a good name brand mattress for less money and was treated like a person. I won't be going back there.
Kinda funny

Columbus, OH

#14 Mar 7, 2011
I went to look at some furniture there a week ago, and it seemed okay. Most of it was brand name, but I'm not exactly sure where they get it from. All the exhaust fumes from trucks backing up to the warehouse may have affected my judgment. There was one short very loud guy there running around acting like an idiot who smacked a lady upside the head with a box. His boss told him what he did right in front of her and her husband, and he didn't even apologize to her. Get rid of him for sure.
horror stories

United States

#15 Mar 8, 2011
Every time I talk to someone about that place they have a different story to tell. About not getting the right product etc. I had a friend call their corporate office and they literally laughed at her when she complained to her. I hope someone goes to jail for the scams they are doing
Mad

Bowling Green, KY

#16 Jun 14, 2011
My wife and I went to American freight and purchased a Simmons set for our livingroom 2 years ago.(still looks new) but our teenage son anf friend were roughhousing and broke a board in back. went to purchase another and the older gentleman(think he is the manager or should be if not)told me to bring it in and he would see what he could do. was fixed same day and had no other issues since. LOVE THIS PLACE!!! Talk to the older gentleman very nice guy!!!
nas

Owensboro, KY

#17 Jul 26, 2011
All off the people that have a lot off bad stuff to say about this company they dont have a life american freight is the best the halped me so much with all my furncure needs and my grandma to bowling green store thank you so much we love you guys.
raspberry

Madisonville, KY

#18 Jul 27, 2011
rwb wrote:
<quoted text>
We have a couch that we got from Big Lots. We hate it with a passion. The stitching keeps coming undone. It came with no legs. We had to go to Lowe's and buy some. Ashley furniture is cheaply made too.
When I worked at big lots selling furniture I would tell me the problems we were getting complaints about on the furniture. I don't think they would have wanted me telling the customers this but i wouldn't want a salesperson bs-ing me on a recliner...so there ya go!! They do exxagerate the quality though.
customer

United States

#19 Jul 27, 2011
I bought a mattress and box springs from them and asked about delivery. The guy tried to talk me into tying it to the top of my car to bring it home. It cost me like $50 to have it delivered in the back of someones pick up truck. I hope you don't need something to large delivered.
just guessing

Clarkson, KY

#20 Jul 27, 2011
jackie wrote:
<quoted text>DO NOT buy anything from them!! You know the saying you get what you pay for? Well they own it!! I bought my daughter's bedroom suite from them months ago. I paid for it a week in advance because I was moving into my new house the next week. I went to pick it up and they told me the dresser was broken. That was in February. They told me my dresser would be in by 4 days. I still haven't gotten her dresser and they don't want to refund your money either. It's against their policy! I turned them in to the better business bureau and I get to finally either pick up a dresser or money next week!!
Similar thing happened to me. Purchased a bedroom set that was on backorder. Said if I paid for it I would get the 1st unit that arrived. I paid 1200 and 3 months later still nothing. Would not refund and kept saying it would be there soon. I filed a complain at BBB. Finally got a refund but the sent it to Louisville instead of BG. Manager was a jerk - I spoke with him many times during the 3 month wait.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Terry Gill busted again cookin meth (Jun '12) 43 min They all rats 30
Warren Co Schools (Apr '15) 53 min Gary 299
Behavioral health Louisville rd 3 hr housekeeper 6
breakfast restaurant. 3 hr Foodie 5
How much do you all put in the Offering Plate a... 3 hr dreeshomes 10
Ashley Thomas (Jun '13) 4 hr Lone Ranger 17
Joseph watt being a creep 5 hr Lmao 8

Bowling Green Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance