really

Elizabethtown, KY

#1194 Mar 8, 2013
man on the scene wrote:
<quoted text>
If both "sides" of this issue would be honest, I believe they would admit that BOTH men acted "inappropriately" that day. However, one of them aggressively approached another man's vehicle, then shot and killed that man; which in my book, rises to a higher level of "inappropriate" than any amount of bird-flipping, horn honking, or even "showing" a gun (if such happened). Brandon has paid the ultimate price for his bad behavior that day. It seems to me that Tommy Brown needs to be punished in some way for his bad behavior. Otherwise, you are sending the message to every hot-head out there that it is perfectly acceptable to shoot someone whose only sin is to have pissed you off. We have fundamental rules of civil behavior; and those rules suggest that shooting a man simply because he did something you don't like is WAY beyond the limit of what an appropriate response would be. If we permit such actions, we might find that lots of us will be dead by this time next year (have you ever done something that pissed someone else off?).
At a bare minimum, Tommy Brown should be charged with manslaughter, and then let a jury decide -- based on ALL the evidence -- whether he is guilty or not. The notion that the authorities will cover for him, when without one shred of doubt he contributed to escalating the situation (got out if his vehicle and approached the side window of Bradshaw's vehicle), is just plain wrong. If the jury should decide his actions were justified, or perhaps he is guilty of a lesser charge, then so be it.
Very well said!!
really

Elizabethtown, KY

#1195 Mar 8, 2013
Groundhog wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent point and why Brown would get out if he felt threatened is difficult to explain...But I thing about your statement that is not what I feel happened...Brown did not pull over to "confront him" as you say but to allow Bradshaw to go on by him...When Bradshaw followed Brown into the parking lot I would think Brown should have stayed in his car waiting for police to arrive.
Sorry, but I respectfully disagree. I just do not see someone whose actions are what we know from the point he pulled over, as someone who is a nonconfrontational pull-over kind of man. Possible, yes...but I think that is just a story to help justify his poor judgement.
my opinnion

Scottsville, KY

#1196 Mar 8, 2013
Groundhog wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent point and why Brown would get out if he felt threatened is difficult to explain...But I thing about your statement that is not what I feel happened...Brown did not pull over to "confront him" as you say but to allow Bradshaw to go on by him...When Bradshaw followed Brown into the parking lot I would think Brown should have stayed in his car waiting for police to arrive.
brown had no obligation to wait and see what the boy was going to do! thats right,when bradshaw followed him into the parking lot,he probally thought he would have alittle fun with the old man! guess he was wrong!!!
Bgkyrentals

Bowling Green, KY

#1197 Mar 8, 2013
Groundhog wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent point and why Brown would get out if he felt threatened is difficult to explain...But I thing about your statement that is not what I feel happened...Brown did not pull over to "confront him" as you say but to allow Bradshaw to go on by him...When Bradshaw followed Brown into the parking lot I would think Brown should have stayed in his car waiting for police to arrive.
. I just googled kentucky attorney general and visited jack Conway site...filled out contact form and suggested ky attorney general send some of his boys down here to keep an eye out for the local good ol boys! Help yourself if interested in seeking justice.
The truth

Duluth, GA

#1198 Mar 8, 2013
my opinnion wrote:
<quoted text> brown had no obligation to wait and see what the boy was going to do! thats right,when bradshaw followed him into the parking lot,he probally thought he would have alittle fun with the old man! guess he was wrong!!!
and the old coward got out of his truck with a gun in his hand and shot Brandon at point blank range, he is nothing but a coward!!!!!
What the heck

Bowling Green, KY

#1199 Mar 8, 2013
my opinnion wrote:
<quoted text> brown had no obligation to wait and see what the boy was going to do! thats right,when bradshaw followed him into the parking lot,he probally thought he would have alittle fun with the old man! guess he was wrong!!!
So if I am understanding you correctly, you believe someone following you into a parking lot justifies shooting to kill?
TheTruth

Owensboro, KY

#1200 Mar 8, 2013
my opinnion wrote:
<quoted text> brown had no obligation to wait and see what the boy was going to do! thats right,when bradshaw followed him into the parking lot,he probally thought he would have alittle fun with the old man! guess he was wrong!!!
I've seen dumb crap from both sides but this ranks right up there with the stupidest comments on this topic. I would say top 20 and a person really has to work to say something that stupid.

Don't worry, if there's any justice, some "boy" might still get to have a little fun, with Brown.
man on the scene

Bowling Green, KY

#1201 Mar 8, 2013
my opinnion wrote:
<quoted text> brown had no obligation to wait and see what the boy was going to do! thats right,when bradshaw followed him into the parking lot,he probally thought he would have alittle fun with the old man! guess he was wrong!!!
Sort of. He certainly had no obligation to just wait and see. However, he made a CHOICE to get out of his vehicle and to go confront the occupant of the other vehicle. Another choice (other than "wait and see") is to pull out of the parking lot, thus leaving the immediate situation at hand.

I've certainly followed people who did asshole things to me in traffic. Typically, I do it just to give them a little payback for their intentional assholeness. Then I lose interest and let them go about their way. I guess one key difference is that I'm not stupid enough to allow myself to get blocked in. Regardless, I would never consider shooting someone -- or flashing a gun -- simply for being an asshole.
Citizen

Duluth, GA

#1202 Mar 9, 2013
Bgkyrentals wrote:
<quoted text>. I just googled kentucky attorney general and visited jack Conway site...filled out contact form and suggested ky attorney general send some of his boys down here to keep an eye out for the local good ol boys! Help yourself if interested in seeking justice.
Thank you

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#1203 Mar 9, 2013
Bgkyrentals wrote:
<quoted text>. I just googled kentucky attorney general and visited jack Conway site...filled out contact form and suggested ky attorney general send some of his boys down here to keep an eye out for the local good ol boys! Help yourself if interested in seeking justice.
Like a poster later said...Thank You. I agreed with your idea of doing this and put brilliant on judging your post also. To the idiot that put a nut on this persons thread, your surely don't believe that the Attorney General would side with a bunch of guilty police do you? I have dealt with them before over another matter, and they do their job with no regards to whom it is they have to deal with. I put them on Amy Miliken once over a matter that I was innocent of, and they went through her nose and out of her ass. No one around here would dare fool with her because of her family reputation here.
Justice

Canton, OH

#1204 Mar 9, 2013
"In the meantime friends, family, and supporters attended the funeral of Brandon Bradshaw, the man who died in the officer involved shooting on the Bypass, last week."

This was from WBKO release today. Why do they keep refering to Mr. Brown as an office?. Makes it sound like a legit police situation

On the other hand, same release says the investigation is almost done and will be presented to Commonwealth Attorney late next week.
Mud

Bowling Green, KY

#1205 Mar 9, 2013
Justice wrote:
Why do they keep refering to Mr. Brown as an office?. Makes it sound like a legit police situation
Because a bailiff is a law enforcement officer.
Justice

Canton, OH

#1206 Mar 9, 2013
Mud wrote:
<quoted text>
Because a bailiff is a law enforcement officer.
With jurisdiction in the court house ONLY!!!!!!! He did not shoot him under those parameters.
Mud

Bowling Green, KY

#1207 Mar 9, 2013
Justice wrote:
With jurisdiction in the court house ONLY!!!!!!! He did not shoot him under those parameters.
People have had no trouble calling him a bailiff, yet he is only a bailiff in the courtroom. A bailiff is a law enforcement officer. It's not incorrect to refer to him as a law enforcement officer. If he were a CPA, people would be calling him a CPA even though he wasn't performing CPA duties during the shooting.
geegee

Bowling Green, KY

#1208 Mar 9, 2013
KSP has given their findings to the prosecuting attorneys now. Let's see what happens this coming Wednesday.
geegee

Bowling Green, KY

#1209 Mar 9, 2013
KSP turned their findings over to the Commonwealth Attorney Friday.
Justice forbb

Bowling Green, KY

#1210 Mar 9, 2013
geegee wrote:
KSP turned their findings over to the Commonwealth Attorney Friday.
o, what do we expect next. Cohron will review findings and then present to grand jury this week? They find sufficient evidence to indict and American justice system takes its course? Imo tommy will plead guilty to a manslaughter charge and avoid the media frenzy of a trial.
Bombardier

Bowling Green, KY

#1211 Mar 9, 2013
Justice forbb wrote:
<quoted text>o, what do we expect next. Cohron will review findings and then present to grand jury this week? They find sufficient evidence to indict and American justice system takes its course? Imo tommy will plead guilty to a manslaughter charge and avoid the media frenzy of a trial.
Only if faced with a murder charge, which I don't think would be the case, would he plea to first degree manslaughter. Maybe second degree if it was offered, or maybe reckless homicide. IMHO.
info

Alliance, OH

#1212 Mar 9, 2013
Mud wrote:
<quoted text>
People have had no trouble calling him a bailiff, yet he is only a bailiff in the courtroom. A bailiff is a law enforcement officer. It's not incorrect to refer to him as a law enforcement officer. If he were a CPA, people would be calling him a CPA even though he wasn't performing CPA duties during the shooting.
He was not a balliff. He was a secruity guard at the court house only
Do not go to her

Louisville, KY

#1213 Mar 10, 2013
We have to move on

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Bowling Green Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
Grimes Campaigns in Bowling Green 1 hr Lone Ranger 29
Why would someone get offended over a generous ... 2 hr been there 4
Can you see it 2 hr Been there 18
Johnson/Miller 3 hr haha 11
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 4 hr jughead lewis Hargis 500
BGWC Dispute 4 hr Purple55 1,312
Just for thought 4 hr yep 2
School Board Elections 6 hr Alice 187
WC Schools (Feb '13) 7 hr Again 172
seven street baptist church 8 hr wow 54
Bowling Green Dating
Find my Match

Bowling Green Jobs

Bowling Green People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Bowling Green News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bowling Green

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]