Shooting on The Bypass...Coroner called
haha

United States

#63 Feb 26, 2013
GEEZ wrote:
<quoted text>The cops are the super heroes....I mean how many times you heard about an unjustified shooting? They are never wrong I promise cops are perfect.
So says the ex-cops currently in prison.

You are completely ignorant
man on the scene

Bowling Green, KY

#64 Feb 26, 2013
Two lives were destroyed today. One man will be lucky to live, and at a minimum, will be forever disabled. The other guy will probably spend the rest of his life in prison. And the families of both will be scarred for the remainders of their lives.
VetWife

United States

#65 Feb 26, 2013
I don't know.the situation or the other person involved, but I do know Brandon he served with my husband in Iraq. I never met a nicer man. Would go out of his way to help anybody, I never seen any temper out of him at all that being said whatever the situation was he has three sweet little boys that need their daddy. I don't think bad mouthing anybody is making anything better. All we can do is pray he makes it through for his family.
Bulls eye

Tucker, GA

#66 Feb 26, 2013
man on the scene wrote:
Two lives were destroyed today. One man will be lucky to live, and at a minimum, will be forever disabled. The other guy will probably spend the rest of his life in prison. And the families of both will be scarred for the remainders of their lives.
so what ur saying is that the deputy was in the wrong
man on the scene

Bowling Green, KY

#68 Feb 26, 2013
maybe wrote:
<quoted text>really?? If your life was in danger would you shoot someone on the bypass?? And your n ot even a bailif!!! Its ok if you defend yourself and shoot someone as long as your not a cop right?? It is so uncalled for for cops to shoot someone in self defense. They should be more like super heros who can with awesomly awesome super hero powers.
No, nobody expects a police officer to be a super hero. That said, we do expect them to behave professionally, and with reasonable constraint. Sure, if my life were threatened, and I had a gun on me, I would use it for self-defense. But this went beyond simple self defence; the shooter could have simply driven away and called for real police officers to come intervene. A rule of thumb in "self defense" is to stay in your car -- if you get out, you are far more likely to get hurt (either by a gun, a fist, or the other guy running over you). He also could have gotten out and run the other way. It's not like the guy who got shot was himself attempting to shoot the shooter. Will it be found that the shooter was technically within his rights? possibly, just don't call it self defense.
Cop

Bowling Green, KY

#69 Feb 26, 2013
I know Bradshaw from the National Guard and his time as a constable. He has always had the best of intentions in everything he's done. Prays for his family and the deputy involved. No one knows what happened and should pray for both parties.
Seems odd

Bowling Green, KY

#70 Feb 26, 2013
http://www.wbko.com/home/headlines/BREAKING-N...

Seems kind of odd that the white truck is against the bumper of the blue truck.
The blue truck appears to have been in process of pulling out of the parking lot.
There would be no reason to back up into the parking lot, when you can drive forward.
Why would the white truck(Victim) want to run into the blue truck(Suspect)?
Sounds like something escalated into more than they both would have thought.Sorry for everyone involved.
just saying

Franklin, KY

#71 Feb 26, 2013
road rage. two didn't know each other (as most officers/deputies in the area don't know the constables because they mostly avoid each other). heard irate constable pulled gun on other not knowing it was an armed off duty bailiff- oops
question

New Albany, IN

#72 Feb 26, 2013
why is the constable sticker removed off his truck? just curious.
Bombardier

New Albany, IN

#73 Feb 26, 2013
man on the scene wrote:
<quoted text>
No, nobody expects a police officer to be a super hero. That said, we do expect them to behave professionally, and with reasonable constraint. Sure, if my life were threatened, and I had a gun on me, I would use it for self-defense. But this went beyond simple self defence; the shooter could have simply driven away and called for real police officers to come intervene. A rule of thumb in "self defense" is to stay in your car -- if you get out, you are far more likely to get hurt (either by a gun, a fist, or the other guy running over you). He also could have gotten out and run the other way. It's not like the guy who got shot was himself attempting to shoot the shooter. Will it be found that the shooter was technically within his rights? possibly, just don't call it self defense.
The shooter was a real police officer. He is a sworn deputy and peace officer. Witness said he was displaying his badge. Not taking sides, just pointing out the facts as I know them. Waiting for the rest of the facts to come out like most people.
man on the scene

Bowling Green, KY

#74 Feb 26, 2013
Bulls eye wrote:
<quoted text> so what ur saying is that the deputy was in the wrong
"Wrong" is hard to define. I am saying that he unquestionably had other options (than walking up to the guy's window and shooting. Generally speaking, when you have other options, you get charged with manslaughter. For example, he could have easily driven off, called for backup, and had a MARKED CAR(s) with a UNIFORMED police officer(s) intervene. Or, he could have left his truck parked where it was, and run into one of the businesses and ask them to lock the door, or simply run away. Or, he could have taken up a defensive position, and waited for help to arrive. In otherwords, he did have options.

Everything about the circumstances at the scene suggested (and before I knew either of them had any law enforcement background) that it was more than a random happening, but rather that the two individuals have a personal beef. Police officers don't approach the window of a car, by themselves, with their gun drawn -- any reason to believe the guy is a threat, they stay with their own vehicle, and order the person to get out, hands raised, yadda yadda. Rational conclusion is that this fellow had intent when he walked back to the other guy's truck with gun pulled. Whether his actions pass technical muster under the law is for someone else to determine; but my conclusion at the scene was correct: the two did know each other prior to the event. And I believe that the shooter's judgement was clouded by that fact. I guess the question of "right and wrong" may never been fully settled.
Just Saying

Corydon, IN

#75 Feb 26, 2013
Seems odd wrote:
http://www.wbko.com/home/headl ines/BREAKING-NEWS-Shooting-On -The-Bypass-In-Bowling-Green-1 93356941.html
The blue truck appears to have been in process of pulling out of the parking lot.
There would be no reason to back up into the parking lot, when you can drive forward.
Sounds like something escalated into more than they both would have thought.Sorry for everyone involved.
Seen a few people on different sites pointing this out, but judging from the passenger side windows at least one shot was while he was in the truck. I doubt if someone was shooting at me that I would have the sense to put my truck into park. So when the shooting started it may have been a few feet back, but then rolled into the truck in front of it when the driver bailed out.
man on the scene

Bowling Green, KY

#76 Feb 26, 2013
Seems odd wrote:
http://www.wbko.com/home/headl ines/BREAKING-NEWS-Shooting-On -The-Bypass-In-Bowling-Green-1 93356941.html
The story from those who saw the actual shooting was that it appeared the guy driving white pickup was following (chasing ?) guy in blue pickup. Apparently, the white pickup bumped the blue pickup -- but as the pictures illustrate, it couldn't have been a hard hit, as there is no apparent damage to either vehicle. Road rage? longtime beef? Some odd mixture of the two? Who knows for sure at this point, but obvious something more than a random happening.
i wonder

Glasgow, KY

#77 Feb 26, 2013
guy shot was a constable and they ripped all the constable stickers off his truck tryn to cover it up u can still see the star
Just Saying

Corydon, IN

#78 Feb 26, 2013
man on the scene wrote:
<quoted text>
"Wrong" is hard to define. I am saying that he unquestionably had other options (than walking up to the guy's window and shooting. Generally speaking, when you have other options, you get charged with manslaughter. For example, he could have easily driven off, called for backup, and had a MARKED CAR(s) with a UNIFORMED police officer(s) intervene. Or, he could have left his truck parked where it was, and run into one of the businesses and ask them to lock the door, or simply run away. Or, he could have taken up a defensive position, and waited for help to arrive. In otherwords, he did have options.
Everything about the circumstances at the scene suggested (and before I knew either of them had any law enforcement background) that it was more than a random happening, but rather that the two individuals have a personal beef. Police officers don't approach the window of a car, by themselves, with their gun drawn -- any reason to believe the guy is a threat, they stay with their own vehicle, and order the person to get out, hands raised, yadda yadda. Rational conclusion is that this fellow had intent when he walked back to the other guy's truck with gun pulled. Whether his actions pass technical muster under the law is for someone else to determine; but my conclusion at the scene was correct: the two did know each other prior to the event. And I believe that the shooter's judgement was clouded by that fact. I guess the question of "right and wrong" may never been fully settled.
Plus the shooter had his wife with him. If there was a situation where deadly force was needed, a rationale person would bail to protect their loved ones, not start a gun fight 15 feet from them. The whole thing seems awfully fishy to me.
HaHa

New Albany, IN

#79 Feb 26, 2013
If constables wantto be the police they should be trained be same!!! Brandon has been known to try and enforce laws he has no knowledge of and is part of be reason Warren County done away with deputy constables ( and should ban all constables). They are untrained wanna b's who can't pass police tests. Nonetheless I say prayers for him.*** if you want to play like be police you should be ready to pay the price of a police***
man on the scene

Bowling Green, KY

#80 Feb 26, 2013
Bombardier wrote:
<quoted text>
The shooter was a real police officer. He is a sworn deputy and peace officer. Witness said he was displaying his badge. Not taking sides, just pointing out the facts as I know them. Waiting for the rest of the facts to come out like most people.
I understand. Yet if a guy has a gun pointed at me in one hand, I'm probaly not going to do a very good job of figuring out what some hard to discern object in his other hand happens to be. And there has to be more to this story than "man driving white truck bumps into man driving blue truck in parking lot; man in blue truck gets out with gun drawn and starts shooting." There has to be a "rest of the story" to this one.

And frankly, I'm not taking sides either. From my (imperfect) perspective, they BOTH have some responsibility for what happened. I guess the lesson learned is to try to keep your cool, even if you have a "right" to -- you never know if the other guy will lose his cool, too, and pull out his gun and shoot you.
Concerned

Elizabethtown, KY

#81 Feb 26, 2013
@HaHa Constables are elected officials, with the same law enforcement authority as the elected sheriff.If you feel that your constable is unqualified, vote he /she out of office. I have met Brandon several times and he seemed to be a great guy. I don't know what happened today, but I can assure you that two families are hurting tonight. so instead of being so negative, pray or send positive energy or whatever it is that believe in, to these two Men.
the truth be told

Glasgow, KY

#82 Feb 26, 2013
I personally know him, his is a dear friend great father to his 3 beautiful boy, who one is not even 2 weeks old. His is the nicest guy I couldnt see him having beef with someone. How can someone (brandon) pull into parking lot get shot by a OFF DUTY COP 3 times (while still in his truck) then have his CONSTABLE TRUCK STICKERS TORN OFF AT THE SCENE OF THE CRIME TO HIDE THE FACT THAT he was a legal constable,u can look on his fb profile and see his constable truck,number on window match,im pretty sure thats tampering with evidence,i dnt see why there hiding the fact that he was suppose to be there and doing nothing wrong,so basically a off duty cop shoots a man thro his window,(attempted murder),and he is not even arrested,what the f is going on here a cop jus tried to murder my friend and there covering it all up,the whole bowling green police department is involved in this.....
Leroy Jenkins

Lexington, KY

#83 Feb 26, 2013
No one in the last few post have any clue what you are talking about. Brandon has not been a Constable since January 1st. He removed those decals on his own. They have been live that since Decemeber. I was not there I do not know what happened let the police do their jobs. I don't care if you liked either people or not just shut up and think about the families (both sides) that are dealing with a difficult situation tonight!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Please Let Me Come Home 5 min ForMeItWasAwaysU 12
Farmer Tim Kercheville 3 hr siliconevly 44
cant 4 hr What 2
All star plumbing Randy Belcher 6 hr Glitter bomb 2
What the Bible says about Immigrants 6 hr Kill the bill 30
What’s good places to hang out 18-21 year olds 7 hr Ggg 2
Kobe aluminum 7 hr Bulmas panties 13

Bowling Green Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance