Shooting on The Bypass...Coroner called
maggie

Alliance, OH

#297 Feb 27, 2013
how come the sherriff's office can put tb on paid leave & not pay a local, small business owner for lawnmower parts that got over 6 months ago? just a dirty boy's club!!!
tb needs to be arrested wtihout bail until a full investigation is completed and hopefully by the fbi...
The truth

United States

#298 Feb 27, 2013
Question wrote:
Brandon Bradshaw, 27, of Bowling Green, a former Warren County constable, was shot by off-duty Warren County SheriffÂ’s Office court security officer Thomas Brown, who, according to witness Dan Hartung of Nashville, fired three shots at Bradshaw while Bradshaw was in a white Ford pickup truck in the parking lot...BG Daily News
What exactly is a court security officer? Is he a sheriff or a rent-a-cop?
there is only one sheriff the rest are deputy's, damn your dumb
I dont understand

Elizabethtown, KY

#299 Feb 27, 2013
The truth wrote:
<quoted text>there is only one sheriff the rest are deputy's, damn your dumb
us adults understood what he meant and we are mature enough not to sweat the petty stuff its ok though only 6 more minutes of you and you will be in bed for school tomorrow so you can learn your name
Question

Atwater, OH

#300 Feb 27, 2013
70.280 Court security officers -- Duties -- Prohibited conduct.
(1) A certified court security officer shall be charged with the following duties:
(a) Attending sessions of any court of the Court of Justice in the county in which he or she is sworn;
(b) Keeping order in the courts;
(c) Providing security services to the courts within the court facility or immediate area of the court facility;
(d) Guarding prisoners during court appearances;
(e) Serving warrants and other court papers on individuals physically present in the courtroom;
(f) Transporting prisoners;
(g) Arresting and taking individuals into custody who are in the court facility or immediate area of the court facility, or while transporting prisoners; and
(h) Service of process and other papers relating to civil matters on individuals physically present in the courtroom.
(2) A certified court security officer shall not:
(a) Go outside the immediate area of the court facility in which he or she is providing security services to make an arrest or take an individual into custody, except when transporting prisoners;
(b) Patrol the roads, streets, or highways;
(c) Issue traffic citations, except to enforce parking regulations around the court facility; or
(d) Perform general law enforcement duties outside that of providing court security.

Doesn't seem he had any jurisdiction...so showing his badge seems like a moot point
jess

Louisville, KY

#301 Feb 27, 2013
Brandon Bradshaw was the one that was shot I went to school with him Thomas brown is the ksp that shot Brandon.
BGbarssuck

Canton, OH

#302 Feb 27, 2013
To my understanding.....TB is a bailiff and his jurisdiction does not go beyond the courthouse....why then is he brandishing a badge and shooting anyone?
The truth

United States

#303 Feb 27, 2013
Question wrote:
70.280 Court security officers -- Duties -- Prohibited conduct.
(1) A certified court security officer shall be charged with the following duties:
(a) Attending sessions of any court of the Court of Justice in the county in which he or she is sworn;
(b) Keeping order in the courts;
(c) Providing security services to the courts within the court facility or immediate area of the court facility;
(d) Guarding prisoners during court appearances;
(e) Serving warrants and other court papers on individuals physically present in the courtroom;
(f) Transporting prisoners;
(g) Arresting and taking individuals into custody who are in the court facility or immediate area of the court facility, or while transporting prisoners; and
(h) Service of process and other papers relating to civil matters on individuals physically present in the courtroom.
(2) A certified court security officer shall not:
(a) Go outside the immediate area of the court facility in which he or she is providing security services to make an arrest or take an individual into custody, except when transporting prisoners;
(b) Patrol the roads, streets, or highways;
(c) Issue traffic citations, except to enforce parking regulations around the court facility; or
(d) Perform general law enforcement duties outside that of providing court security.
Doesn't seem he had any jurisdiction...so showing his badge seems like a moot point
so it was unlawful for him to flash his badge.... Wonder if they will charge him for impersonating a real officer? If you go by the letter of the law he had no legal right to show his badge. And if it wasn't a court bailiff the person would be on jail already
The truth

United States

#304 Feb 27, 2013
jess wrote:
Brandon Bradshaw was the one that was shot I went to school with him Thomas brown is the ksp that shot Brandon.
he didn't work for KSP, you idiot he was a court deputy, you know the guy who opens the door for you when you enter the courtroom, hell that's all there really qualified to do.
BG resident

Bowling Green, KY

#305 Feb 27, 2013
jess wrote:
Thomas Brown is not KSP. You don't even know the basic facts. That's why everyone here should NOT judge until all of the FACTS come to light.
ex- deputy

New Albany, IN

#306 Feb 27, 2013
This is the point that I have been trying to make all day earlier if everyone would read my previous posts. He had no jurisdiction outside of that court house He was not acting in official capacity nor is he justified in acting in any role involving traffic laws or any other street officers role. If someone in my previous county would have done this the county would not back the deputy because you know what you are allowed and not allowed to do PER KRS. My captain once told me that when there off work then that is it nothing more. Unlike Local PD and road Deputies and KSP or Constables who are sworn officers that actually patrol the streets and serve warrants outside of the courthouse these guys are NEVER OFF DUTY, Baliffs, Deputy Jailers and corrections officers although sworn after they punch out they ARE OFF DUTY and once they leave the premises were they work then they are normal citizens acting on there own behalf.
man on the scene

Bowling Green, KY

#307 Feb 27, 2013
idk wrote:
<quoted text>
i guess he couldn't have shot or been a threat through a rolled up window - my mistake. And depending on what you are faced with you do not always have to stand down.
KRS 503.055 (3) A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force, if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a felony involving the use of force
The operative part there is " ... if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm ...." In this matter, the risk had abated. The guy was trapped, and the opportunity to inflict "death or severe bodily harm" was absent. The picture shows the two vehicles touching each other, but there is not noticable damage from an impact, which would be there if he had rammed him. There is a huge gap between "a**hole following me and/or bumping the back of my vehicle" and "he's trying to kill me."

Moreover, Mr. Brown wasn't simply standing his ground, but rather, he was advancing his ground. And shooting the guy 3 times? You mean the first shot, or perhaps the second shot, wasn't sufficient to adequately put an end to the threat. If appropriately armed, I might stand my ground, but I for sure wouldn't escalate the matter by approaching the other guy's vehicle (he might have a gun, too, and be a better shot, or he might back up, realign his vehicle and run me over).

Regardless of what happened here, everyone in BG better be very nice to each other. It looks like if you do anything that can be interpreted as aggressive towards someone else, that someone else can pull out a gun and blow you away, AND the only thing the cops will do is to tell the shooter, "go home and take a few days off work." So you better be extra nice, you never know who is packing heat, and reasonable restraint is not required on the part of the guy with the gun.
BGbarssuck

Canton, OH

#308 Feb 27, 2013
This is all a very fishy set of circumstances, seems there is far more to this story than is being reported.
ex- deputy

New Albany, IN

#309 Feb 27, 2013
I HAVE BEEN TELLING EVERYONE ABOUT KRS70.280 ALL DAY its in black and white about what they are not allowed to do.

I just hope Mr. Bradshaw is doing ok me and my family have been watching and praying about this situation like the rest. I can say that not all law enforcement officers are bad, but here lately from the west coast to right here at home there has been alot of shoot first like the two ladies in California who were hurt because of there truck, which looked like the suspect I know everyone knows the Dorner case.

God Bless!
Question

Atwater, OH

#310 Feb 27, 2013
The truth wrote:
<quoted text>there is only one sheriff the rest are deputy's, damn your dumb
Thank you for your kindness. And your correction. I'm always willing to learn...your comment though says a lot more about you.
man on the scene

Bowling Green, KY

#311 Feb 27, 2013
The truth wrote:
<quoted text> so it was unlawful for him to flash his badge.... Wonder if they will charge him for impersonating a real officer? If you go by the letter of the law he had no legal right to show his badge. And if it wasn't a court bailiff the person would be on jail already
Don't hold your breath. "They" will seat the next namby pamby grand jury, present a "weak" case to them, and the grand jury will decide not to press charges.
hammer

Glasgow, KY

#312 Feb 27, 2013
Norm S Wang wrote:
This is why all guns should be banned completely. Only on duty officers should be aloud to carry
they done that 70 yrs ago, in a place called germany,and if you read history..look at all the dead ppl,in germany that gave up their guns,during hitlers rule
To hammer

Canton, OH

#313 Feb 27, 2013
Exactly. If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. People are so ignorant.
man on the scene

Bowling Green, KY

#314 Feb 27, 2013
BGbarssuck wrote:
This is all a very fishy set of circumstances, seems there is far more to this story than is being reported.
Think of modern-day headlines: Warren Fiscal Court undercuts authority of Constables; Sheriff department doesn't like the existance of the constables; state legislature trying to change Constitution to get rid of contables, Brandon Bradshaw was a constable until about two months ago.

This situation doesn't play out like two random people with a tragic crossing of paths; rather, it smells a lot more like these two characters knew (and didnt' like) each other before the events of yesterday afternoon. I drew that conclusion from the way things played out yesterday -- the scene of the event had "they knew each other" written all over it.
So horrible

Bowling Green, KY

#315 Feb 27, 2013
man on the scene wrote:
<quoted text>
The operative part there is " ... if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm ...." In this matter, the risk had abated. The guy was trapped, and the opportunity to inflict "death or severe bodily harm" was absent. The picture shows the two vehicles touching each other, but there is not noticable damage from an impact, which would be there if he had rammed him. There is a huge gap between "a**hole following me and/or bumping the back of my vehicle" and "he's trying to kill me."
Moreover, Mr. Brown wasn't simply standing his ground, but rather, he was advancing his ground. And shooting the guy 3 times? You mean the first shot, or perhaps the second shot, wasn't sufficient to adequately put an end to the threat. If appropriately armed, I might stand my ground, but I for sure wouldn't escalate the matter by approaching the other guy's vehicle (he might have a gun, too, and be a better shot, or he might back up, realign his vehicle and run me over).
Regardless of what happened here, everyone in BG better be very nice to each other. It looks like if you do anything that can be interpreted as aggressive towards someone else, that someone else can pull out a gun and blow you away, AND the only thing the cops will do is to tell the shooter, "go home and take a few days off work." So you better be extra nice, you never know who is packing heat, and reasonable restraint is not required on the part of the guy with the gun.
It is very scary situation..And it seems Mr Bradshaw was very well liked and a outstanding member of the community. Mr Brown should be very , very concerned!
ex- deputy

New Albany, IN

#316 Feb 27, 2013
They need to bring in a special prosecutor and judge or honor a change of venue honestly,I mean you work with these people everyday and then have them oversee the trial if there is one! If there is a sentence friendships can compromise a sentence HENCE Good Ol Boy system.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brittnee Daily/Martin/Elms 19 min Lmfao 5
Tamika Brown (Apr '10) 51 min Tamika 2
Gary Coleman new wbko weather guy 59 min Apple butts 8
Christy willoughby and Samantha ali 1 hr Chaz 3
Pete 1 hr Christy 3
Heather atkerson 3 hr Toby 7
All Seasons fire place store on chestnut st ng ky 4 hr roundball 1

Bowling Green Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance