Next Sun Products Union Meetings - Oc...
The End

Bowling Green, KY

#45 Oct 19, 2012
You know the way to end this union crap? Don't go to the meetings. The union will quit paying the room rentals, they will quit having to bring in people from other companies, and they will decide its not worth the expense. They ARE a business after all and will eventually cut their losses and go back home. As long as people sign cards or show up at their meetings, this will drag on and on and on. Let's be done already. Yawn!
Thomas is a dunce

Louisville, KY

#46 Oct 19, 2012
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>Does it take a PhD to work there? Maybe that turnover is people finding better work
No kidding?

If Sun was that great of a place to work, those folks wouldn't be leaving in such large numbers, would they?
You are a dunce

Louisville, KY

#47 Oct 19, 2012
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
Desa was union!
Desa shut down because it borrowed too much money that it couldn't pay back. The company was preparing to shift a large amount of their production back from China to its union workforce in BG.
hah

Louisville, KY

#48 Oct 19, 2012
They probably had to borrow money to pay the ridiculous salaries that unions demand. Yeah, you'll be paid more..for a month or two..maybe three..then kiss your job, your career, your economic life goodbye.
The Law

Bowling Green, KY

#50 Oct 20, 2012
The End wrote:
You know the way to end this union crap? Don't go to the meetings. The union will quit paying the room rentals, they will quit having to bring in people from other companies, and they will decide its not worth the expense. They ARE a business after all and will eventually cut their losses and go back home. As long as people sign cards or show up at their meetings, this will drag on and on and on. Let's be done already. Yawn!
Even if the union would leave they can come back anytime. The only way to legally end the campaign is sign enough cards to have a vote. If the vote is "Yes", then the union is in. If the vote is "No" then legally no union can try another campaign for ONE YEAR.

So if getting rid of them is YOUR goal sign a card, so they can have a vote and then exercise your right by saying "No"... Or "Yes"

Otherwise, they'll be here for a long time.
You are a dunce

Louisville, KY

#51 Oct 20, 2012
hah wrote:
They probably had to borrow money to pay the ridiculous salaries that unions demand.
The ridiculous pay those guys earned was less than $10 an hour.
bah

Louisville, KY

#52 Oct 20, 2012
You are a dunce wrote:
<quoted text>
The ridiculous pay those guys earned was less than $10 an hour.
So how did the unioin help them exactly? dumbass...
honest union question

Louisville, KY

#53 Oct 20, 2012
What can a union do for me? Honestly...More pay? Will my shifts stay the same? Will my off days stay the same? Will my benefits get better or worse? Will I have safer working conditions? How much will it cost me? How much more pay for me? How does it help me? Please. I'm being honest and sincere and I dont DARE go to any silly secret meetings.
Sun Union Man

Bowling Green, KY

#54 Oct 20, 2012
Today you are an at-will employee that can be terminated at ANY time for ANY thing. With a Just Cause provision, the Company must have a justified reason for terminating you.

If the Company announced today that 200 people were being laid off, do you know which 200 would be laid off? With a Union Cntract you would know exactly who would be laid off once you heard the number.

Do you know how much raise you or if you are even getting a raise for the next three years (typical length of a Contract)? With a Union Contract you know how much you are getting over the life of the Contract.

The Chemical Workers Union has an excellent Safety Training Center located in Cincinnati and your members could attend training courses at no cost. Or they can come to the facility and train both Union and Company on safety practices.

The local decides how much the monthly dues would be.

You would know your pay and benefits for the length of the Contract and if the Company violates the Contract, the Union can take them to arbitration. An arbitrator is an independent judge that can enforce the Contract. What can you do right now if they change things on a whim? Nothing...

You will not pay any dues until you have a Contract.

There are no "secret meetings". The meetings are for all Sun hourly employees to learn the true benefits of being in the Union. Not the Anti-Union side of your "Bulletins"... Many of your Co-workers have attended the Meetings. You should come out this week and get the answers to your questions. It is your LEGAL right to attend and be able to make an intelligent decision on whether the Union is right or wrong for you.
honest union question

Louisville, KY

#55 Oct 21, 2012
what if Sun sends a spy to see who exactly is attending and then screws those people over?

All I want to know is, what's in it for me. I know the union will be making money off of me so what am I getting in return? I don't care about at-will etc. I want more money like everyone else. Will everyone across the board get more money? Will we get cheaper benefits without losing the full benefits we have now?

If the union decides to strike, do I have to go hold a sign without making a dime for my family? What is in it for me?
honest union question

Louisville, KY

#56 Oct 21, 2012
Also, what about shifts/hours etc? I love the way the shifts work right now. I do not want them to change. Will that stay the same or is that threatened?

You haven't answered all of these questions, and for someone screaming pro-union like you do, I would expect you to have all of the answers.

Thank you.
doug loves rug

Floyds Knobs, IN

#57 Oct 21, 2012
honest union question wrote:
what if Sun sends a spy to see who exactly is attending and then screws those people over?
All I want to know is, what's in it for me. I know the union will be making money off of me so what am I getting in return? I don't care about at-will etc. I want more money like everyone else. Will everyone across the board get more money? Will we get cheaper benefits without losing the full benefits we have now?
If the union decides to strike, do I have to go hold a sign without making a dime for my family? What is in it for me?
spy?
You are a dunce

Louisville, KY

#58 Oct 21, 2012
bah wrote:
<quoted text>
So how did the unioin help them exactly? dumbass...
Go ask the person who suggested that they shut down BECAUSE of the union. Dumbfuck. And learn how to spell union while you're at it. Dumbfuck.
Sun Union Man

Bowling Green, KY

#59 Oct 21, 2012
I thought if I answered some of your questions that you would attend a meeting.

If Sun sends a someone to report who is at the meeting, they are violating the Law and can be brought up on charges. If they are harassing or mistreating employees for going to a meeting, they are violating the Law. Just because someone attends the meeting it doesn't mean the are supporting the Union. They are going to hear the other side of the coin before making an EDUCATED decision on whther it is right for them.

The Union can't promise a raise or increased benefits, since that has to be negotiated with the Company. Typically employees who join a Union see raises in both, but if the Union brought back a proposal with less, why would you ever vote to accept it and start paying them dues? You don't pay any dues until you have a Contract that has been accepted.

The International can't put you out on strike with the Chemical Workers. Only the employees by a vote of 2/3 can approve a strike. So it is up the WORKERS if there is a possible strike. A strike vote does not always lead to a strike. If there is a strike and you walk the picket line you get paid $140/week.

So you can sign an authorization card. vote for the Union in the election, negotiate a Contract and if it is never approved it has not costed you a dime...

Something has to change out there and this is a way to make a change.

All of these topics have been discuussed in detail at the Union Meetings. Come out and see what it is all about...
Sun Union Man

Bowling Green, KY

#60 Oct 21, 2012
Also, what about shifts/hours etc? I love the way the shifts work right now. I do not want them to change. Will that stay the same or is that threatened?
You haven't answered all of these questions, and for someone screaming pro-union like you do, I would expect you to have all of the answers.
Thank you.
All working conditions are up for negotiations if the Union gets in. If the majority like the current schedule then they would negotiate to keep the schedules exactly the way that it is.

A meeting would be held to elect a negotiating committee and topics that you want addressed. They would work with the Union Rep to come up with the correct wording for a Contract.

The majority rules when you have a Union. It takes a majority to vote the Union in, takes a majority to accept the contract, a majority to elect your officers, to pass a motion at a Union Meeting, etc.

Except it tkes 2/3 to authorize a Stike.

The Company has said they were looking at a raise for everyone before the Union showed up. There is no promise and they can take back ttomorrow what they gave you today unless there is a Union Contract protecting.

Hopefully I have address all of your questions now and I hope you will attend one of the meetings this week for the hourly employees.

I know here is a group inside that wants to elect their own group and present a list of items to management. What protection would they have not to be harassed by management? Are any of them trained professional in negotiating? The Union is and they would have your back.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#61 Oct 21, 2012
Thomas is a dunce wrote:
<quoted text>
No kidding?
If Sun was that great of a place to work, those folks wouldn't be leaving in such large numbers, would they?
Some people personally improve themselves buy always being on the lookout for something better and some go back to school or trade school to do the same. To try to justify a sluggard on the payroll just because he pays dues,breathes air,and occupys space is exactly what the union wants. The slackers that are stuck in a rut but have seniority and no enthusiasm are the cancers that kill the body.
Got a Flyer

Bowling Green, KY

#62 Oct 21, 2012
The Union was out there handing out flyers as employees went in and out of the plant this evening. I'm going to the meeting this week to see what this is all about.
Thomas is a dunce

Louisville, KY

#63 Oct 21, 2012
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>Some people personally improve themselves buy always being on the lookout for something better and some go back to school or trade school to do the same. To try to justify a sluggard on the payroll just because he pays dues,breathes air,and occupys space is exactly what the union wants. The slackers that are stuck in a rut but have seniority and no enthusiasm are the cancers that kill the body.
And some places just aren't worth the pay. You can judge those places by their turnover rates.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#64 Oct 21, 2012
Thomas is a dunce wrote:
<quoted text>
And some places just aren't worth the pay. You can judge those places by their turnover rates.
Yea right!!! Bring in the Hispanics and show the "good ole boys" what it's like to work for a living and appreciate a good job. Send the whining sniveling ungrateful malcontents to the house!
sunny

Louisville, KY

#65 Oct 21, 2012
I work at sun..where else can I work two days have two days off and a three day weekend every other week for 13 an hour? The benefits are friggin sweet too. Where else can beat that??????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cheating men 7 min Hmmm 64
How far behind on child support can someone get... (Oct '09) 20 min hey 462
Michael Hardy found guilty 42 min i dont believe you 61
Country Oven (Sep '15) 45 min Techguy 16
*** BGDN Warren County Rescue Department Future... (Jan '16) 53 min BG Resident 483
Rosie Johnson / Connie Romines/ Kelle Pruett 1 hr lollipop 80
New skypac director 1 hr not too surprised 1

Bowling Green Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bowling Green Mortgages