A few reasons why Bowling Green sucks...

A few reasons why Bowling Green sucks...

Posted in the Bowling Green Forum

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
This City Sux

United States

#1 Oct 30, 2009
This city is a really bad joke.

The jobs all pay $10 an hour and they act like that is great money. I guess to Richardsville, Scottsville, and Edmonson County rednecks this is awesome money.
All the pretend middle class people in BG are one paycheck away from losing their house they are upside down on and have to work 80 hours a week to keep up with their phony image.
The Greenwood mall is a joke. The mall has stores selling clothes nobody in town can afford without using a credit card.
The bars are so lame and they close at 10pm on Saturday night! You cant buy beer on Sunday because of the bible belt laws in place.
There is a Southern Baptist church every 10 feet in the city and a large cult called Hillvue heights. All the people that go to that cult at Hillvue are just plain brainwashed and fake.
The city elections are so corrupt it's like watching the Dukes of Hazard with Boss Hogg rigging the votes. Bowling Green has their own version of Boss Hogg and he owns everything.
One thing Bowling Green has plenty of and that is Churches and Banks. They are basically the same thing though.
Channel 13 News actually takes themselves seriously!! News center 13 is like watching an amateur high school audio visual club project except the high school wouldn't wear so much makeup and make lame jokes.

You suck Bowling Green!!

Music Person

Kodak, TN

#2 Oct 31, 2009
And where did you live before your company moved you here?
Kenny

Hillview, KY

#3 Oct 31, 2009
Hell, what jobs did you find that pay $10???$7.50-$8.00 is really the prevailing wage for most of the jobs around here.

I have heard about Hillvue being a cult. I can't speak to that, but I do know most of the people who I have met who go there do not act very Christ like.
alfalfa

New Albany, IN

#4 Oct 31, 2009
Don't let the door hit u in the butt on the way out of town! Please feel free to leave anytime.
This City Sux

United States

#5 Oct 31, 2009

You suck Bowling Green!!

The traffic in Bowling Green really sucks. None of you people can seem to drive across town without having a near head on collision. No wonder auto insurance in Warren County is so high!!
What is going on with all the white kids dressing up like black people in Bowling Green? I see so many wannabee thugs in this town and they are white!!
Does every single female in Bowling Green have a tramp stamp on their lower back? Is there a such thing as a female in this town that doesn't have 2 screaming brats before they are 21 years old?
How many fake Bikers does Bowling Green have riding up and down Scottsville Road over and over all damn day so people on the restaurant patios can enjoy their loudass fake wannabee Hells Angel image?

You suck Bowling Green!
Music Person

Kodak, TN

#6 Oct 31, 2009
I would like to welcome you here. I am so sorry your company couldn't make it in that better place you were in. Now settle down, and help them make it here.
joe

Bowling Green, KY

#7 Oct 31, 2009
we r sorry your wife is leaving u, maybe u suck!!
Mark Morrison

Bowling Green, KY

#8 Oct 31, 2009
Nashville is close enough that you can drive there in an hour or less (me driving, 45 minutes tops) they have malls and anything else you can want to find... But I will gripe about one thing Bowling Green is bad about... GAS PRICES HERE ARE MORE EXPENSIVE THAN SURROUNDING CITIES !! 90% of the time, we pay more than Glasgow, Scottsville, Franklin (Usually the truck stop at Exit 6 is 10 to 20 cents cheaper per gallon)
Bobo

Louisville, KY

#9 Oct 31, 2009
This City Sux wrote:
The jobs all pay $10 an hour and they act like that is great money. I guess to Richardsville, Scottsville, and Edmonson County rednecks this is awesome money.
All the pretend middle class people in BG are one paycheck away from losing their house they are upside down on and have to work 80 hours a week to keep up with their phony image.
The Greenwood mall is a joke. The mall has stores selling clothes nobody in town can afford without using a credit card.
The bars are so lame and they close at 10pm on Saturday night! You cant buy beer on Sunday because of the bible belt laws in place.
There is a Southern Baptist church every 10 feet in the city and a large cult called Hillvue heights. All the people that go to that cult at Hillvue are just plain brainwashed and fake.
The city elections are so corrupt it's like watching the Dukes of Hazard with Boss Hogg rigging the votes. Bowling Green has their own version of Boss Hogg and he owns everything.
One thing Bowling Green has plenty of and that is Churches and Banks. They are basically the same thing though.
Channel 13 News actually takes themselves seriously!! News center 13 is like watching an amateur high school audio visual club project except the high school wouldn't wear so much makeup and make lame jokes.
You suck Bowling Green!!
The main reason is that you are here now!!!
just talkin

Grayson, KY

#10 Oct 31, 2009
I personally love Bowling Green, people are awesome and the food is great, and I love the fact that there are consignments on every street. I am a country girl with a family and I just can't get enough of that place. The important thing is that there are jobs to choose from. Try living in Morehead, Ky. My God jobs are not even there to get. Count your blessings. $10 an hour is pretty good these days for alot of people. At least the bills get paid. I can't wait to make BG my perm. address.
You are not alone

Evansville, IN

#11 Oct 31, 2009
Embrace the suck man. It is what it is. Hell, I grew up in the Highlands in Louisville. It's like someone picked up Okalona or Shively and dropped it in the middle of nowhere. Every car has subs, every truck glasspacks and every Harley straight pipes. Scottsville Rd might as well be south Preston Highway. If douche bags could fly this place would be LAX.
You hit the nail on the head about the "christians" around here. "I'm a christian, and you can go F@#$ yourself." Real christ like buddy, real christ like. They forgot somewhere along the way that it's about treating others like they'd like to be treated, than what uberchurch they go to. Out of respect for a friend I went to HH one night to watch them get baptized. What a joke. I grew up going to a real church. We read scripture and tried to interpret it in how it related to every day life so we could be better people. That HH service was basically a jesus concert. No wonder these people don't know how to act like christians, all they do is sing "I love jesus" for an hour.
Big John

United States

#12 Oct 31, 2009
Bet you don't talk that trash out around town.
Mabey you need the cry baby beat of you. Why don't you stop a biker and tell him he is a pus. Ease you toward Hadley n run that jib if you want something to cry about you weren't made to handle the south
Missy.
wait

Scottsville, KY

#13 Oct 31, 2009
I think Bowling green is a wonderful place to live. If you don't like it, 'LEAVE'. There are hundreds of other old fashion churches around. HH is a JOKE.You sound like you need to find a good church.
Megan

Bowling Green, KY

#14 Oct 31, 2009
Sounds like a bunch of northerners whinning and bitchn in this thread!
Fantasia

Hillview, KY

#15 Oct 31, 2009
Big John wrote:
Bet you don't talk that trash out around town.
Mabey you need the cry baby beat of you. Why don't you stop a biker and tell him he is a pus. Ease you toward Hadley n run that jib if you want something to cry about you weren't made to handle the south
Missy.
Go to Hadley and they won't do shit cuz they all on meth or painkillers and collecting disability checks.

The south is overrated muleshit. all attitude no substance. Nice trailer why dont you clean up the junk in the yard? oh, is your name john or missy? got sexual identity problems?
Big John

United States

#16 Oct 31, 2009
My name is John. Come on out and will see boy. Btw my house does not wheels or junk in the yard. If you don't like it here get on back to where you belong
TiredWings

New Albany, IN

#17 Oct 31, 2009
Louisville? Dont compare BG to that "armpit" of a town. Nashville, is just BG 10 times over. Nobody pays anything anymore. Everything is made in China. Work at Burger King so you can shop at Wal-Mart. I dont see any Golden Future anywhere else. If you want to stay away from the Trash of BG you can, if you try hard enough.

TW

PS: Try getting the sand out of your vagina and you might find something here you enjoy.
George

Glasgow, KY

#18 Oct 31, 2009
This City Sux wrote:
You suck Bowling Green!!
Can I ask where you are from and how much do you make an hour? Do you think people that make $10.00 an hour are beneath you? You do know that there are plenty of roads that lead out of town. This town would be better off without your type of attitude.
Fantasia

Hillview, KY

#19 Oct 31, 2009
Big John wrote:
My name is John. Come on out and will see boy. Btw my house does not wheels or junk in the yard. If you don't like it here get on back to where you belong
why did you sign your post as missy, you bitch.
This City Sux

United States

#20 Nov 1, 2009
You suck Bowling Green!!

Why does Bowling Green have a rich neighborhood like Old Stone? It's sitting there empty. Who the hell in Bowling Green is going to be able to live in a gated community like that?
Why are there so many massively overweight people in Bowling Green? Do people just pull a chair up to the buffet at the 500+ restaurants on Scottsville road and eat until they pass out?
Where did all the Bosnian people come from and why are they in Bowling Green driving around town drunk? You can hear a group of Bosnians way before you see them because they are always talking shit about America in that loud obnoxious language everywhere they go.
Who do these people on NewsCenter 13 think they are? When you see them in public they act like they are Hollywood celebrities!! Channel 13 news is so bad that they could get the next Nobel Peace Prize.
The radio stations in Bowling Green only play Baptist Bible Thumping Approved classic rock and country music. I guess since the wages in this town are stuck in the 1970's the music on the radio is too.

You suck Bowling Green!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can't we be civil?? 14 min I am kohen 31
Woody Martin, Give him a chances 34 min I am kohen 3
Potter Gray Kindergarten 53 min Kindergarten parent 13
BG City Commission Candidates 53 min Word 3
Think my friends baby has the Zika virus... 1 hr Watch your mouth 13
Kristin miller 1 hr Chris 31
help me bowling green to stop being an a##hole 3 hr i am kohen 7
Cameron Buckner shooting 14 hr Robby 271

Bowling Green Jobs

More from around the web