Carol Neal Murder Arrest
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Ex-Con

Hendersonville, TN

#1 Jan 2, 2013
I just read where they arrested her husband for her murder. I found this odd because I served time in prison with a guy back in 2003-2004 that was in there for Tampering with Physical Evidence in this case. I cant recall his name but he was doing like 10 years because the police accused him of getting rid of some bloody couch cushions from the crime scene. Supposedly he was having an affair with Mrs. Neal, which he admitted to, but adamantly denied having anything to do with her disappearance. The word on the street was that the cops didn't have enough evidence to charge him with the murder, but were certain he did it so they gave him the max on the only thing they had on him. Now, almost 10 years later, they have charged someone else. Maybe this guy was innocent after all.
Ex-Con

Hendersonville, TN

#2 Jan 2, 2013
I just dis a little research and the guys name was Tony Sawyer. They gave him 5 years for tampering with evidence at the scene in 2002.
Ex-Con

Hendersonville, TN

#3 Jan 2, 2013
http://162.114.92.72/COA/2003- CA-000208.pdf

This details Tony Sawyers appeal and exactly what happened to get him charged. I now believe that Tony was railroaded by the great Commonwealth of Ky. I hope he sues the [email protected] out of them for all the time he did.
Ex-Con

Hendersonville, TN

#4 Jan 2, 2013
No arrest has been made.
Update

Bowling Green, KY

#5 Jan 2, 2013
The radio just said the police are looking for her ex-husband.
secondamendment

Louisville, KY

#6 Jan 2, 2013
No, tony, sounds like you did time for the charge of tampering with evidence in a murder case. Shut up you dumbass.
Matt

Tucker, GA

#7 Jan 2, 2013
Wbko just reported they are charging the ex husband with murder, but don't know where he is living now. Wouldn't he have been under watch for the last 14 years??? Bowling green is pathetic when it comes to solving murders. It took 17 years to solve that dumore murder at Bryant way when the boyfriend did it all along.

The man that got charged was innocent, heard he had a record for other crimes, but everyone knew he never tampered with any cushions. How could they not have investigated the ex husband to begin with at the time, they are always the prime suspects. The boys are now probably in there low 20s, think they were 4-7 years old back then. Didnt they find Carols Skull at the lake in 2003?
genius

Tucker, GA

#8 Jan 2, 2013
Matt wrote:
Wbko just reported they are charging the ex husband with murder, but don't know where he is living now. Wouldn't he have been under watch for the last 14 years??? Bowling green is pathetic when it comes to solving murders. It took 17 years to solve that dumore murder at Bryant way when the boyfriend did it all along.

The man that got charged was innocent, heard he had a record for other crimes, but everyone knew he never tampered with any cushions. How could they not have investigated the ex husband to begin with at the time, they are always the prime suspects. The boys are now probably in there low 20s, think they were 4-7 years old back then. Didnt they find Carols Skull at the lake in 2003?
You're clearly clueless when it comes to the law and how prosecutions work.
hubba hubba

Lafayette, LA

#9 Jan 2, 2013
i was locked up with tony. hes a decent guy, but has a few ocd issues, very christian or was.
choirboy

Bowling Green, KY

#10 Jan 2, 2013
Leland Neal the ex-husband was last seen entering Mexico by bus in 2008. Hasn't been seen since. A piece of her skull was found in McCreary County on Parkers Mountain by some hikers many years ago. I hope they find the scum bag soon.
Where

Tucker, GA

#11 Jan 2, 2013
Leland Neal is probably in south America now working as a jockey. Is there any way to extradite him?
Omg

Glasgow, KY

#12 Jan 2, 2013
Was the ex the father of the kids?
well

La Grange, KY

#13 Jan 2, 2013
Omg wrote:
Yes, he was the father. The boyfriend, tony, was charged with tampering....which he did. If my memory serves me correctly, he started cleaning up the house (crime scene) instead of calling the police immediately.
What

United States

#14 Jan 2, 2013
Why would Tony clean it up if the ex husband was the killer?? Sounds fishy to me, didn't they say Carol was going to lose custody of the kids?

Where are the kids today? I think I remember Carol use to bring them in to eat at the old McDonald's on the bypass where her sister worked.

“Looking for JUSTICE FOR CAROL”

Since: Dec 12

Louisville KY

#15 Jan 2, 2013
What wrote:
Why would Tony clean it up if the ex husband was the killer?? Sounds fishy to me, didn't they say Carol was going to lose custody of the kids?
Where are the kids today? I think I remember Carol use to bring them in to eat at the old McDonald's on the bypass where her sister worked.
Carol was in no jeopardy of losing her children and near the finalization of her divorce. Her sisters did not live in the Warren County area. Tony was OCD and made a huge mistake for which he was punished. Thank you for your concern.

Louisville KY

#16 Jan 2, 2013
choirboy wrote:
Leland Neal the ex-husband was last seen entering Mexico by bus in 2008. Hasn't been seen since. A piece of her skull was found in McCreary County on Parkers Mountain by some hikers many years ago. I hope they find the scum bag soon.
You are correct based on information supplied to us by the BGPD. Only a partial skull was recovered and identified by DNA testing. We speculate the rest of the remains were removed upon discovery of the partial skull, that weekend, before a complete search could be conducted by authorities. This is a very familiar area to Mr. Neal, and is within 30 miles of his home...and over 100 miles from the scene of the murder. Quite interesting. The family never thought Sawyer did it. Thank you for your concern.

Louisville KY

#17 Jan 2, 2013
Omg wrote:
Yes he is the father of the 2 boys.

Louisville KY

#18 Jan 2, 2013
Matt wrote:
Lee was being watched by the police and was actually incarcerated in Cumberland County on unrelated drug charges back in 2007. His defense attorney (look it up for a real belly laugh - the guy is now a Circuit Court Judge) was successful in arranging bail for him. Lee jumped bail and went to Mexico before his Indictment for Bail Jumping hit the wires. That is how he got off the "radar". So now we finally have a warrant, we have to play find the scumbag.
so sad

New Albany, IN

#19 Jan 2, 2013
I am so sorry for your loss, I did not live here at the time and didn't know anything about the case until you came here. God bless you for never losing faith and your perseverence. I pray that my family would do the same. taking care of her sons...you are an honor to the human race.

I hope this horrible man is found asap and brought to justice. I know it will never come close to having your sister, but I pray for due punishment. He is a monster and has committed the greatest of horrors ( as if I have to remind you).

Just bless you and your family and so many prayers your direction!
Omg

Glasgow, KY

#20 Jan 2, 2013
I remember when they were digging up a cement area atHillview Hights Church, thinking her body old be there

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A list of all the meth dealers in Bowling Green 3 min Bust Them All 13
News Double Homicide Investigation 5 min Master 16
Who shot Ricky Miller 9 min James 4
Kelley Whitlow 1 hr Bgky 1
stepnie sowders the facebook thug 1 hr I know 35
Hey neighbor 1 hr Neighbor 8
Bursting the White Privilege Bubble 1 hr Help 7
Cameron Buckner shooting 9 hr Ima be me 283

Bowling Green Jobs

More from around the web