First Prev
of 2
Next Last
2nd Amendment

Canton, OH

#1 Dec 20, 2012
Absolutely not! "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." It's there to protect us from the government as well as evil doers....if we don't have the same firepower as them, how do we overcome if they decide to force their will? And don't give me the "there weren't automated weapons back when the constitution was drafted" argument....we should be allowed to buy the same guns as the military, except go though more background checks, medical history, and extensive training. Ridiculous....I hate liberals!
okay

Canton, OH

#2 Dec 20, 2012
right on
Zombie

United States

#3 Dec 20, 2012
Let them come take it from me!!! Freedom is lost everyday. Take back what is yours!!
ridiculous

Alliance, OH

#5 Dec 20, 2012
Have the same weapons as the military/law enforcement...where are your tanks and drones? Where are your grenade launchers hell do you have a nuke?!? "Liberals" aren't trying to take away a man's "right" to bare arms, there is no reason someone like you or me needs a damn assault weapon. They need to be banned. No one is going to take away your right to drive up to your local Wal-Mart and buy a hunting riffle or shot gun. Oh and I am far from being a liberal, I am just a conservative that has common sense.
The Facts

Bowling Green, KY

#6 Dec 20, 2012
ridiculous wrote:
Have the same weapons as the military/law enforcement...where are your tanks and drones? Where are your grenade launchers hell do you have a nuke?!? "Liberals" aren't trying to take away a man's "right" to bare arms, there is no reason someone like you or me needs a damn assault weapon. They need to be banned. No one is going to take away your right to drive up to your local Wal-Mart and buy a hunting riffle or shot gun. Oh and I am far from being a liberal, I am just a conservative that has common sense.
First of all, the only similarities between an AR-15 and the M16 that the military has are the facts that they both shoot the same caliber round and that they are nearly identical in appearance. Semiautomatics are NOT fully automatic "machine guns". In fact, none of the weapons that they're trying to ban even meet the military definition of "assault weapon". It's also wrong to assume that the only reason somebody might need a gun is to hunt with. I think your estimation that you have "common sense" might be called to question by most of the gun community.
Zombie

United States

#7 Dec 20, 2012
The word assault is a verb not a noun. Assault is the action of doing something. With that said if someone used a 22 derringer against someone else, they are assaulting! You can buy 30 rd mags for 9mm glocks, so does that make them illegal? No. The media have created the term assault weapon to control the sheep. My ar-15 is no different than my shotgun, they're both semi automatic guns plain and simple. Again the word assault is the act of doing. It still takes someone to pull the trigger no matter what gun it is.
Actually

Alliance, OH

#8 Dec 20, 2012
The Facts wrote:
<quoted text>First of all, the only similarities between an AR-15 and the M16 that the military has are the facts that they both shoot the same caliber round and that they are nearly identical in appearance. Semiautomatics are NOT fully automatic "machine guns". In fact, none of the weapons that they're trying to ban even meet the military definition of "assault weapon". It's also wrong to assume that the only reason somebody might need a gun is to hunt with. I think your estimation that you have "common sense" might be called to question by most of the gun community.
The AR15 and the M16 are the same weapon. When the military adopted this weapon, the name was changed to M16. The M16A1 was a fully automatic weapon. When the M16A2 was introduced it had a three round burst. The US military is currently in the process of phasing out the M16 and is being replaced by the M4 Carbine.
very upsetting

Tucker, GA

#9 Dec 20, 2012
we are being put in a most fukked up spot. if we let go of our liberties, we won't get them back. and times are different now than when thomas jefferson was here. especially technology. but i never want to see good people live like slaves under a handful of azzes that have no soul.
very upsetting

Tucker, GA

#10 Dec 20, 2012
i had a couple of beers but i love you guys. i definitely think we need to get back to church and that way of living. america was so much stronger when God was in our daily lives. if we return to our source, many other things will fall into place.
IMO

Bowling Green, KY

#11 Dec 20, 2012
I don't care what the difference is in the two guns...fact is that it's capable of shooting 26 people not once, twice, but 10 and 11 rounds in each victim in a matter of minutes. There's no need for these types of guns being in the general population. We have more gun deaths than any other industrialized country in the world. You don't hear about things like this in other countries, if you do it's few and far between, here it's a monthly thing. Guns are to easy to get plain and simple. I'm all for the 2nd amendment, but I see no reason people should be owning these semi automatic machine guns. There is absolutely no way for an unarmed person to take down someone with one of those guns...at least if it's a shotgun or pistol they have to stop and reload, and that brief few seconds it takes someone could take them down.
Blah Blah Blah

Bowling Green, KY

#12 Dec 20, 2012
IMO wrote:
There is absolutely no way for an unarmed person to take down someone with one of those guns...at least if it's a shotgun or pistol they have to stop and reload, and that brief few seconds it takes someone could take them down.
That's what is scary. An unarmed person against and armed person! I don't personally need an assault rifle, but I know that if someone wants to get one, whether it be legally or not, there will always be one available.

People who arm themselves with these guns to kill, aren't exactly law-abiding citizens.
Mike

Madisonville, KY

#13 Dec 20, 2012
"First of all, the only similarities between an AR-15 and the M16 that the military has are the facts that they both shoot the same caliber round and that they are nearly identical in appearance."...

Do as your name and state facts not the dribble above. Clearly you don't know what your talking about.
Blah Blah Blah

Bowling Green, KY

#14 Dec 20, 2012
Which part do you disagree with?
ucandoit

United States

#15 Dec 20, 2012
IMO wrote:
I don't care what the difference is in the two guns...fact is that it's capable of shooting 26 people not once, twice, but 10 and 11 rounds in each victim in a matter of minutes. There's no need for these types of guns being in the general population. We have more gun deaths than any other industrialized country in the world. You don't hear about things like this in other countries, if you do it's few and far between, here it's a monthly thing. Guns are to easy to get plain and simple. I'm all for the 2nd amendment, but I see no reason people should be owning these semi automatic machine guns. There is absolutely no way for an unarmed person to take down someone with one of those guns...at least if it's a shotgun or pistol they have to stop and reload, and that brief few seconds it takes someone could take them down.
Your opinion is we should not be able to own assualt weapons. What makes your opinion the right one? If we are just going on opinions what about the opinion women should not vote, blacks should be slaves, your religion should not be a choice but dictated?

The FACT is its a right, if we start screwing with one then what's to stop us from screwing with the rest.

If I want a gun with a 30 rd clip or a 75 rd drum its my buisness, just like if a person wants a car that drinks gas and goes a hundred and fifty miles an hour.

Gun owners for the most part are responsible people who follow laws. They law abiding owners are the only ones who will be affected. I am not sure if you know this but criminals don't follow the law.
someone

Elizabethtown, KY

#16 Dec 20, 2012
Last time I checked the AR he used was STOLEN.
Land of the Free

Tucker, GA

#19 Dec 20, 2012
Gun Control is Bull

&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player
IMO

Elizabethtown, KY

#20 Dec 20, 2012
someone wrote:
Last time I checked the AR he used was STOLEN.
Which goes to show that if these guns were illegal it wouldn't have been there to be stolen. That's the thing with these types of guns...they end up in the wrong hands. To the right person,these guns are killing machines which they were designed to do. They were made to kill people quickly.
IMO

Elizabethtown, KY

#21 Dec 20, 2012
The truth wrote:
<quoted text>there are more people killed every year by drunk drivers than buy gun violene I guess we should outlaw cars now also. And there are over three hundred thousand deaths a year by malpractice in hospitals and doctors offices, my AR doesn't seem so bad after all now
When's the last time someone ran over a class full of kids, a mall full of people, or a salon full of women? These assault rifles are doing what they were made to do...kill people. Seriously, what do you do with yours? Just wondering.
hope and change

New Albany, IN

#22 Dec 20, 2012
So you claim that nobody should have or needs an "assault riffle". My wife is 5 foot tall and 100 pounds. If I'm not home and three guys breaks into my house which will all probably have 9mm pistols. You are saying that my wife does not have the right to equal the playing field with an "assault rifle" to prevent herself form being raped and murdered. That exact story happened in Nashville and the woman had one of those "evil assault riffles" and protected herself from the intruders in a shoot out. Maybe you think she should have been raped and murdered for having such a evil weapon that nobody has a need for.
Major Kong

Cantonment, FL

#23 Dec 20, 2012
I like to punch holes in plate steel targets with my "assault rifle".

Good practice for a "Red Dawn" scenario, or worse--- if you're awake & aware, you know.

You know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
poor pan oston keeps deleting posts lifting the... (Jan '14) 23 min Bernie Madoff 8
Steve Ayres and Ethan Buckley 24 min I am kohen 4
Rick Kelley better than Tommy Lasorda (Aug '15) 39 min Tori Kelly Monroe 10
I Stabbed My Dad to Save Him From HELL 40 min I am kohen 7
Stole daughter's BF. For Leslie. 45 min Teacher 1
John Pedigo and Jessica Miller 1 hr Eye for an eye 1
alicia trusty 1 hr pope 2
Cameron Buckner shooting 19 hr Robby 271

Bowling Green Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bowling Green Mortgages