Britthaven Nursing Home
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
what the ehll

Glasgow, KY

#1 Oct 8, 2009
What is going on in this place? RN's stopping in the middle of CPR.... We got the Sgt. sitting at the desk doing nothing screaming out orders ....calling code blues on DNR patients and we have the DON and UC getting drunk and calling people on the phone harassing them...where is the administrator at this place and why isn't he doing anything?! They are sending help home to save money while the patients are waiting forever to get their light answered. What the hell?
Hi2 you

Glasgow, KY

#2 Oct 8, 2009
We took my G-Mother out of that place.
code name butter bean

Bowling Green, KY

#3 Oct 8, 2009
yeah that bunch is clueless.

“Did U Know”

Since: Oct 09

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Oct 8, 2009
Do tell more...
keepitreal

Bowling Green, KY

#5 Apr 23, 2010
this place dont appear to be that bad
do tell

United States

#6 Apr 23, 2010
I worked there before,dont ever let them know anything,call obrah,if you tell them,they will cover it up and turn it on you.
death chamber

United States

#7 Apr 28, 2010
people;i'll lay it on the line.there isn't a nursing home no where that would be fit for anyone. i've worked cna all my life,i have seen things sad i have alway turned it end.the results was i got fired. the alway cover thierselves.dog pound is better,at least you would get a pet on the head every once in awhile.
death chamber

United States

#8 Apr 28, 2010
i was working night shift,i left at 7:00am another cna put a lady on the toilet and forgot about her.when i went too work that night,they wanted a drug test plus sign a write up.i told them i would do 10 drug testes,buti wasn't signing a write up.because i had been off of work 30min before it happened.i turned that in too.i could of gotten my job back.i would take it,because i new they would find a reason to get rid of me.this is a death chamber for our precious elder.

“Did U Know”

Glasgow, KY

#9 May 5, 2010
this place is a joke--health care i would not let them take care of my cat
True_stuff

London, KY

#10 Jan 3, 2011
Which Britthaven are you guys talking about? It sounds alot like the one I work at, in Cumberland Ky. Of course they recently changed the name to Tri-City Nursing because of some lawsuits...

“Did U Know”

Leitchfield, KY

#11 Jan 3, 2011
britthaven of bowling green but it has a new name now....wonder if it sold?
mydiaya

Glasgow, KY

#12 Feb 25, 2011
This place is crzy! The ppl that work there are nuts!

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#13 Feb 25, 2011
Did U Know wrote:
britthaven of bowling green but it has a new name now....wonder if it sold?
No, it did not sell. Britthaven has such a bad rep in many towns that they wanted to change the name to get away from the rep.
wow

Lexington, KY

#14 Mar 25, 2011
death chamber wrote:
i was working night shift,i left at 7:00am another cna put a lady on the toilet and forgot about her.when i went too work that night,they wanted a drug test plus sign a write up.i told them i would do 10 drug testes,buti wasn't signing a write up.because i had been off of work 30min before it happened.i turned that in too.i could of gotten my job back.i would take it,because i new they would find a reason to get rid of me.this is a death chamber for our precious elder.
you must be talking about the person that fell and landed on her chair and ended up dying from bleeding...If you put them on the toilet you were responsible.
concerned grandaughter

United States

#15 Mar 25, 2011
Yes can someone give me some info on this place?
My great grandmother was recently place there for rehabilitation from 2 broken bones an a broken hip. We visit quite often well everyday but she is 93 and I just want to no how they do treat there elderly! Plz and thanks.
SHEESH

Scottsville, KY

#16 Mar 25, 2011
concerned grandaughter wrote:
Yes can someone give me some info on this place?
My great grandmother was recently place there for rehabilitation from 2 broken bones an a broken hip. We visit quite often well everyday but she is 93 and I just want to no how they do treat there elderly! Plz and thanks.
IF SHE IS IN SKILLED CARE UNIT SHE SHOULD BE OK ,, ON A SKILLED FLOOR THE CNA SHOULD HAVE LESS PATIENTS TO TAKE CARE OF .. NOW ON THE OTHER FLOORS AS IN THE INTERMEDIATE CARE ,, YHEY HAVE SO MANY PATIENTS THEY REALLY ARE PUSHED TO THE LIMIT FOR REAL ..IF YOU VISIT HER OFTEN SHE WILL BE IN BETTER HANDS ...CHECK ON HER AND EAISE CANE ...REMEMBER ,, THEY ARE LIKE MOST WAY UNDERSTAFFED ..THIS MEANS THAT THE QUALITY OF CARE IS NOT WHAT IT SHOULD BE ... THERE ARE GOOD AND GAD EVERY WHERE .... JUST KEEP CLOSE WATCH AND DONT LET THEM KNOW YOUR COMING WHEN YOU GO SEE HER ...POP IN AND OUT .. KEEPS THEM ON THEIR TOES ..
SHEESH

Scottsville, KY

#17 Mar 25, 2011
SORRY .. KEEP AN EYE ON HER ..A NURSING HOME IS NOT THE POUND, A LOT OF PEOPLE TAKE THEIR FAMILY THERE AND NEVER LOOK BACK .. SOME GO FOR A BIT THEN THEY DONT COME BACK TO CHECK ON THEM EITHER ..SAD BUT TRUE ...PEOPLE DROP THE OLD PEOPLE OFF LIKE ITS THE POUND .... SAD
Other options

Sebring, OH

#18 Mar 26, 2011
There are other options for rehabilitation other than a nursing home. I think people who put their family members in one and have other choices need to have their a**es kicked. My family does not believe in nursing homes, we take care of each other. Ever heard of day programs or home health?
concerned grandaughter

United States

#19 Mar 26, 2011
Yes. But the only option thy gave us was that place Bc of her condition this is her fourth broken hip and she is having a hard time getting back on her feet. So I just wanted to no how the place was we will b bringing her home as soon as she finishes physical therapy and can walk. And yes none of us wanted her there it is a very tough situation. And it hurts to no she is were she is.
SHEESH

Scottsville, KY

#20 Mar 26, 2011
concerned grandaughter wrote:
Yes. But the only option thy gave us was that place Bc of her condition this is her fourth broken hip and she is having a hard time getting back on her feet. So I just wanted to no how the place was we will b bringing her home as soon as she finishes physical therapy and can walk. And yes none of us wanted her there it is a very tough situation. And it hurts to no she is were she is.
I understand what you are telling us ,the nursing homes are used for rehab ,i know that but she is 93, she may never be able to walk again alone /by herself and be safe doing so ,walker/wheel chair ,,,or gate belt .. she will have to be under constant supervision when she goes home or her next fall could put her in a wheel chair for the remainder of her life ,, bug the fire outa them ,, make sure they know she is going home , they tend to watch over the ones that have family who do care better .. another sad fact ... sad but ,, see if she can get home instead care ,, that will help you guys out when she gets home .....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lost river pizza 6 min Concerned 22
Shooting today at Wehs 34 min Ashley 10
Ashley voyles arrested again!?!? 38 min Zonk 3
Wku higbee and fans in the nfl draft? 55 min Muslim higbee 1
Over 1,000,000 Signatures to Boycott Target 1 hr In Our Town 14
Please help! 1 hr hhgg 1
Why does sex stop? (Apr '11) 1 hr curious 78
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bowling Green Mortgages