Nancy

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

What do you mean by good for you? My son is on xr, 15mgs once a day and it has done wonders for him. But each person is different. What works for one may not work for another. The only bad side effect I noticed is that it caused him to start pulling at the front of his hair when he gets nervous or anxious. But here lately that has subsided. Just google it to death, an if you like what you read then try it an if not see if the doctor will consider another route.
adderall xr

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Nancy wrote:
What do you mean by good for you? My son is on xr, 15mgs once a day and it has done wonders for him. But each person is different. What works for one may not work for another. The only bad side effect I noticed is that it caused him to start pulling at the front of his hair when he gets nervous or anxious. But here lately that has subsided. Just google it to death, an if you like what you read then try it an if not see if the doctor will consider another route.

I am on it now and I am always getting dizzy :(
Really

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Nancy wrote:
Another parent who would rather drug her kid then be a damn parent. You should be ashamed that you feed your kid drugs so that you can continue to be a shitty parent.
btw

Pensacola, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

give me good old desoxyn
Nancy

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Actually I did not want to put my son on medication. And I managed to not have to until he was 8. The school he is in insisted for two years and eventually his doctor agreed. We did try counseling first, however the only issue he has is concentrating an counseling could not help that. He is doing much better in school now, an has excelled dramatically. And he is on a very low dose one time a day. A crappy parent is one who drugs their child for selfish reason or refuses to do what is necessary for their child. A crappy parent is one who puts their child on medication simply because they don't want to deal with them or the ones who do it so they can run out and get a check on them. I am not a lazy or crappy parent. I did what needed to be done for my childs best intrest. I would much rather him not be on medication, but it does seem to be what is best for him at this time. So I would appreciate you not grouping me with people such as that. Don't be so ignorant in your views.
Nancy

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

adderall xr wrote:
<quoted text>
I am on it now and I am always getting dizzy :(
. How long have you been on it? You may need time to adjust, but if its a persistant problem maybe you should speak with your doctor about it. You may need a lower dose or perhaps a different type of medication.
True

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

If it makes you dizzy you have to adjust? People just dont realize what they are giving their kids because a doctor recommends it. You know they get money to push that dope.
adderall xr

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Yeah I got it 3 weeks ago
Nancy

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

How about you stick with one name, becaue we know that true and really are one in the same. Yes it takes time for your body to adjust to ant form of
Nancy

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

How about you stick with one name, becaue we know that True and Really are one in the same. Yes it takes time for your body to adjust to any form of medication. It takes about 6 weeks for the medication to level out in your system. While I am sure that a lot of doctors do push medications for their own purposes, my sons pediatrician is not one of them. I trust his pediatrician very much so. And as I had already stated, we tried other avenues before turning to medication. I also did not blindly let my son take a medication. I did thorough research on the matter first. We also worked with physicians from Vandy. This medication is not for everyone, however it has worked tremendously well for my son and has made a significant difference for him. To the poster....some adults come here for mature debates an discussions, while others come here to bad mouth and cause animosity to try and fill their boredom. As I stated above this medication isn't for everyone. You need to do what is in the best intrest for your personal health. Perhaps get a second or even third medical opinion. I wish you the best and good luck :)
kuntrygirl

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

Nancy wrote:
That is the problem today instead of parents standing up and giving a kid a good ole azz businting everyday when they need it they medicate. 99% of the kids on this stuff could be taken off with proper parenting and dislipline with a hiney busting or better yet with the ole switch like i had wwhen i was little. I guarantee you there would be no meds and the kids would learn some dang respect which they do not have either!! put them out on a farm for a year i guarantee you there will be no meds needed and they will learn some respect!!
Nancy

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

My childs issue was not attitude. He is very respectful and most of the time he is a good kid. Not perfect mind you, all kids have their moments. And he knows very well about consequences and a good ole fashion spanking. He simply could not get his mind to slow down an focus on one particular thing. As I said, I am not above a good butt spanking, however a lot of out of control children are out of control because they have parents that think they can beat them into being good. There is a distinctive line between abuse and discipline. My son knows discipline, but no amount of discipline could have helped him with the problem he was having.
Nancy

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

However I do agree a lot of parents medicate for the wrong reasons. A lot of parents just don't want to do their job. So its easier to stick them on all kinds of meds to zombie them. And 9 times out of 10 the childs behavior is their fault in the first place. And like I said before, a lot of them do it just so they can draw a check on their child because they are to lazy to work and its just another way for them to take money that they do not deserve. My sons school actually told me I could file for a check on him an they would sign the proper paper work. I refused and was disgusted. I do not want my son labeled and I hope as he gets older and his brain matures that some day we can take him off of it.
Really

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Nancy wrote:
How about you stick with one name, becaue we know that true and really are one in the same. Yes it takes time for your body to adjust to ant form of
I don't know how many Reallys there are, but I am not the Really that posted above, and I am not True, either. I would never disparage a parent who puts their child on medication. I was very recently diagnosed with ADHD as an adult after eight hours of testing, and put on Strattera. My parents were and still are the best parents a girl could ask for, and yet I still have ADHD. Don't judge someone until you've experienced their life. It's not just about being hyperactive; girls especially find it very difficult to concentrate and pay attention due to the never-ending stream of stimuli coming into the brain. A little research into some peer-reviewed articles on the subject would do some of you folks good.
The Doctor

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

That's some good dope.....I gett all kinds of good ol efft up when I get my hands on some.....
Watched

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

kuntrygirl wrote:
<quoted text> That is the problem today instead of parents standing up and giving a kid a good ole azz businting everyday when they need it they medicate. 99% of the kids on this stuff could be taken off with proper parenting and dislipline with a hiney busting or better yet with the ole switch like i had wwhen i was little. I guarantee you there would be no meds and the kids would learn some dang respect which they do not have either!! put them out on a farm for a year i guarantee you there will be no meds needed and they will learn some respect!!
You are an idiot. I feel sorry for your children. If you haven't had any yet, don't.
kuntrygirl

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Watched wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot. I feel sorry for your children. If you haven't had any yet, don't.
I had one and thank god he turned out to be an excellent man!! he is a firefighter and EMT. Very caring and loving person, and guess what he didn't have any meds growing up, he knew to listen from an early age!! try it sometime it WORKS!! so thank you for inquiring, I am very proud of the son that i raised, he is also currently training to be a paramedic for stat flight. So take my advice!! it works. Have a nice day!
gucci

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

I want some...
Kami

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

They will make you lose weight!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

33 Users are viewing the Bowling Green Forum right now

Search the Bowling Green Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Get the Bowling Green Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 18 min LMS 144,996
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 23 min LMS 26,177
Jessica Cummings 30 min Mikey 5
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 42 min LMS 16,111
Why was Eldon Renaud fired from GM 1 hr NO way in hell 24
strapon 1 hr interesting 3
Child Support Hearing 2 hr midget 22
•••
•••
•••
Bowling Green Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Bowling Green Jobs

•••