Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2012

Judged:

Just read in the news, many stories of patients being ripped off at Aspen Dental. An example, 87 year old went in to get two teeth pulled, there treatment plan was over $7000! After complaining to attorney general, they dropped dwn to 2540 for getting 2 fillings and cleaning. This is just one of many stories from the article.

They are a corporate owned dental office, out for high profit. No insurance, they will sign you up for years of payments through GE or Chase credit. They are trained to be tough salesmen, dentists receive bonuses, office managers get fired if they don't meet sales quotas.

Papers obtained showed an Aspen Dental in Owensoro puling in, one dentist was billing an average of over $5200 a day. One manager in Tennessee quit after feeling guilty, selling an elderly couple overpriced treatments they may not really need at a price of $12,000.
They will lie saying your teeth need pulled when they don't, or yo need fillings when you don't, even about oral cancer.

All if this comes from recent news articles.... stay away from these con artists!
Hope they are shut down, they are crooked scum.

My only dealings with them, I had a really god coupon from the phone book from Aspen Dental for either free or almost free, can't remember now, denture repair. They would not accept the coupon, it wasn't expired, was from the local phone book, paid $100 to get dentures glued together. Reminds me the article says they draw you in with free rays or other free/low cost offers, just to rip you a new one while there. Greed, scams and scum.
JRZ

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2012

Judged:

There are no good dentists.
BG Girl

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2012

Judged:

I just googled them and PBS has a story on just what you are talking about. How can they live with themselves?
truth

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2012

Judged:

Stay away, there scam artists and liars. Its on the web, hope they are shut down.
anyone

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2012

Judged:

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good dentist in B.G.
my2cents

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2012

Judged:

anyone wrote:
Can anyone point me in the direction of a good dentist in B.G.
Dr. Buchanon off of fairview is a good dentist with reasonable prices. Him and his father have a practice together :)
Responder

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2012

Judged:

Dr. Clemmons has been fantastic (Briarwood Dental)
maybe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2012

Judged:

I go to Chandler dental. They were pretty good for me. I was in there for a long time but considering it was the first time I'd been to the dentist in almost 6 years and needed a lot of work done, it was kinda expected. I had 2 pulled, 1 crowned, and like 7 fillings. It was almost $4000 BEFORE insurance. My dental insurance sucks balls so I ended up paying $2900 of it.
Jenny

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2012

Judged:

Briarwood rocks.
Patiend

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2012

Judged:

I think you would really like Simon Dentistry, Dr. Simon is wonderful!
HotRod

Russellville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Judged:

Odd that every comment on this site ref Aspen Dental were made in July 2012 !!! One might suspect they are phony - placed by an Aspen competitor and friends. Obviously, I am HIGHLY doubtful any are true.
great

Georgetown, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

my2cents wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. Buchanon off of fairview is a good dentist with reasonable prices. Him and his father have a practice together :)
yes, I agree. I have been going there for about 20 yrs.
wtf

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Judged:

HotRod wrote:
Odd that every comment on this site ref Aspen Dental were made in July 2012 !!! One might suspect they are phony - placed by an Aspen competitor and friends. Obviously, I am HIGHLY doubtful any are true.
There was a pbs special in June 2012 outlining deceitful practices and if you google you will see several attorney generals in their states have intervened. So don't know anything about local but evidently there are some problems out there
Patient

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Dr. Tom P. Carter on Rockingham Ave. His office is excellent. His staff is great!
Justwondering

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

So, anybody know anything about Affordable Dentures? Do they make good dentures?
Wow

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

BG Girl wrote:
I just googled them and PBS has a story on just what you are talking about. How can they live with themselves?
They run a large scam especially the office manager!!
Oh yes

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Wow wrote:
<quoted text>They run a large scam especially the office manager!!
Now I have no teeth lots of issues they need to be stopepedd
junior

Franklin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

I had awful experiences with Aspen Dental. Don't go there!
dental assistant 10yrs

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Westen Dental Group is an amazing dental experience. No pressure, just honest information. The better educated a person is on their options, the better decisions that person will make. There ARE good and honest dentists out there, I promise. I work for three of the best in town. (Bowling Green, Ky.)
patricia

Chattanooga, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2013

tammy wills

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

78 Users are viewing the Bowling Green Forum right now

Search the Bowling Green Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Get the Bowling Green Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
Where's Bluebird 11 min Cardinal girl 3
I just want it to end 19 min Are you mine 5
sh 37 min ugh 2
email 41 min lawlawfdpig 5
Add a word, Drop a word. (Jul '12) 1 hr Doug77 4,317
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Mao-bama Zombies 139,203
trying to find a new Dr. (Jun '12) 1 hr ABLUEBIRD 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Bowling Green Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Bowling Green People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••