WBKO - HOW is 61 ELDERLY?
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
amie

Calhoun, KY

#1 Dec 27, 2011
WBKO, you reported yesterday that a 61 year old elderly woman was killed. How is 61 Elderly? My grandfather is 72 and still is as active as he was when he was 32, I know people who still work 30 hours a week that are over 80. WBKO, get with the times, its not 1965 anymore and people don't die as young as they use too. Isn't Gene Birk over 60? So is he elderly even though he has a 3 year old? I guess all the ignorant little young marks there that are under 25 like Hayley, Lacey, Midgett, Caitlin, and the sissy boy Zakk at Midday are too young to realize that 61 is NOT Elderly. I know the smart asses from there read this stuff because your ego is so high, so do a little research on what elderly really is today.
Just Sayin

Bowling Green, KY

#2 Dec 27, 2011
Put it into perspective and get over it. The definition of elderly is: past middle age and approaching the later stages of life. Someone who is 61 is past middle age and given that the average life expectancy for females is about 80, that would mean at 61 you are approaching the later stages of life. Just because someone is elderly does not mean they cannot function. It just means they are old.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#3 Dec 27, 2011
amie wrote:
WBKO, you reported yesterday that a 61 year old elderly woman was killed. How is 61 Elderly? My grandfather is 72 and still is as active as he was when he was 32, I know people who still work 30 hours a week that are over 80. WBKO, get with the times, its not 1965 anymore and people don't die as young as they use too. Isn't Gene Birk over 60? So is he elderly even though he has a 3 year old? I guess all the ignorant little young marks there that are under 25 like Hayley, Lacey, Midgett, Caitlin, and the sissy boy Zakk at Midday are too young to realize that 61 is NOT Elderly. I know the smart asses from there read this stuff because your ego is so high, so do a little research on what elderly really is today.
Get real. There has to be a cut-off age. If they said 65 was elderly, you'd prolly complain that 64 can be elderly too, just b/c u know someone that fits that description. Quit complaining about useless crap and do something productive.
Mel

Calhoun, KY

#4 Dec 27, 2011
It is pretty petty to be on here dicussing a reporter calling someone elderly!! You should be more concerned about the fact Mrs. Williams was killed in this wreck and her family.
Ashley

Somerset, KY

#5 Dec 27, 2011
what are you talking about? 35 is elderly
Kiddos

Elizabethtown, KY

#6 Dec 28, 2011
Ashley wrote:
what are you talking about? 35 is elderly
Ha Ha.. Yeah when I was 21, 35 sure seemed elderly! Now-a-days, not so much!!:)
jude

Owensboro, KY

#7 Feb 8, 2012
Gene Birk is at least 61 if not older, I guess he is ELDERLY so I guess his little girl will be having to wipe his butt pretty soon or let the nursing home do it for him. That statement was unreal, there are people in there 80s today that still run in marathons, mow there yards, workout. It is your genetics that defines if your elderly. There may be 60 year olds that look like they are 80. My mother in law looks younger than my wife and often is mistaken for my wifes daughter. Elderly today is at least somewhere over 80, 30 years ago elderly may have been 60, but times have changed.
Seriously

Glasgow, KY

#8 Feb 8, 2012
61 is old. No point in denying the truth. Hell, another year and they can draw social security.
Amies an idiot

Oak Ridge, TN

#9 Feb 8, 2012
amie wrote:
I don't even know where to begin to explain what a dumbas* you are Amie so I won't. But you are :)
haha

Morgantown, KY

#10 Feb 8, 2012
Well, I guess Madonna proved all of you wrong! Only women in Kentucky that smoke and hit the tanning bed are elderly. Exercise and Fillers can beat any fat redneck so maybe you should visit some Cougars that never age. Sorry "Amies an idiot" but it does count so stop being an idiot!
NursingHomes

United States

#11 Feb 8, 2012
Well, sh*t yes its old.. im 32,and i would call it being elderly..... sorry. Oh how the years have past, eh? And please dont, "oh, back in my day" me...
haha

Morgantown, KY

#12 Feb 8, 2012
Nursinghomes is a fattie that can't walk and wake up in the morning.
dang

Canton, OH

#13 Feb 8, 2012
61 is fewakin old
NursingHomes

United States

#14 Feb 8, 2012
haha wrote:
Nursinghomes is a fattie that can't walk and wake up in the morning.
i'll be walking 18 holes in the morning, if the weather permits... all day everyday... never been overweight in my life.
haha

Morgantown, KY

#15 Feb 9, 2012
Best thing about getting old is that we all get there some day. It doesn't favor anyone. Walking 18 holes? Don't hurt yourself.....lol.
NursingHomes

United States

#16 Feb 9, 2012
haha wrote:
Best thing about getting old is that we all get there some day. It doesn't favor anyone. Walking 18 holes? Don't hurt yourself.....lol.
yeah, it felt great.. i try to run 3 miles a day, but in all reality i may only get in about 2.. i have tons of friends who are 60+ and they are awesome.. i give them more sh*t though... ill be hearing it in about 30 years - so the joke is not on me yet ;)
Amies an idiot

Oak Ridge, TN

#17 Feb 10, 2012
haha wrote:
Well, I guess Madonna proved all of you wrong! Only women in Kentucky that smoke and hit the tanning bed are elderly. Exercise and Fillers can beat any fat redneck so maybe you should visit some Cougars that never age. Sorry "Amies an idiot" but it does count so stop being an idiot!
Madonna looks like a walking skeleton. She's 53 ish (not sure but something like that). She's had cosmetic surgery (by her own admission). Again Amie is an idiot and ur her idiot friend. The Madonna reference doesn't even make sense as she's not 61. In your old age your reading comprehension skills are lacking. Drink your ensure and watch 60 minutes.
NursingHomes

United States

#18 Feb 10, 2012
Amies an idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
Madonna looks like a walking skeleton. She's 53 ish (not sure but something like that). She's had cosmetic surgery (by her own admission). Again Amie is an idiot and ur her idiot friend. The Madonna reference doesn't even make sense as she's not 61. In your old age your reading comprehension skills are lacking. Drink your ensure and watch 60 minutes.
lol
gary

Providence, KY

#19 Feb 11, 2012
They should have Hayley Harmon or Lacey Steele do a piece on taking care of the elderly and Gene Birk or Chris Allen could volunteer and she could demonstrate how to feed them, bathe them, and change there adult diaper.
uhhh

Elizabethtown, KY

#20 Feb 12, 2012
NursingHomes wrote:
<quoted text> i'll be walking 18 holes in the morning, if the weather permits... all day everyday... never been overweight in my life.
Do you mean wiping 18 holes?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good/Bad Apartments in Bowling Green (Nov '08) 3 min Becky 77
love 7 min IcthrewUstill 6
Betty's bar closing? 3 hr Wow 33
rhondi kloclock 4 hr me 17
Joshua Meador 4 hr His story 1
Elmo 5 hr Humpback 3
Needs help 5 hr Rainbow Fairy 7

Bowling Green Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance