Mr Downing at South Warren

Posted in the Bowling Green Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Donna

Toledo, OH

#1 Jan 23, 2011
Could there be a bigger prick than this guy. This is why my kids attend the city schools.
BG Gal

White Plains, KY

#2 Jan 23, 2011
Donna wrote:
Could there be a bigger prick than this guy. This is why my kids attend the city schools.
...and posting about him on Topix is so classy, Mom...
Impressive way to handle things.
Beth

Owensboro, KY

#3 Jan 24, 2011
I remember Downing a few years ago at Drakes Creek. Yes he was a total prick and I remember how much he loved the athletes and cool kids and seemed like he didn't care much for the others. I sure wasn't Miss Cool or Miss popularity, but I couldn't get over how much he expressed his love for his pets. In the long run I am glad I had him because it has taught me how to be a better person and how to treat others. I plan on getting my degree in education very soon and what I learned from him made me realize to treat others how you want to be treated. He also made me appreciate other teachers and instructors I had even more and opened my eyes to what a truly dedicated educator is in society. Downing doesn't come close.
josh

Saint Charles, KY

#4 Oct 22, 2011
Beth wrote:
I remember Downing a few years ago at Drakes Creek. Yes he was a total prick and I remember how much he loved the athletes and cool kids and seemed like he didn't care much for the others. I sure wasn't Miss Cool or Miss popularity, but I couldn't get over how much he expressed his love for his pets. In the long run I am glad I had him because it has taught me how to be a better person and how to treat others. I plan on getting my degree in education very soon and what I learned from him made me realize to treat others how you want to be treated. He also made me appreciate other teachers and instructors I had even more and opened my eyes to what a truly dedicated educator is in society. Downing doesn't come close.
'

great assessment of him, yes he was the worst teacher I had at Drakes.
MYOB

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Oct 22, 2011
BG Gal wrote:
<quoted text>
...and posting about him on Topix is so classy, Mom...
Impressive way to handle things.
And we see you're not above judging and posting crap about others online.. I'm impressed, hypocrite!!
I remember

Louisville, KY

#6 Oct 24, 2011
Several years ago when I attended Drakes Creek he
went out of his way to make a big joke about how
pudgy I was then. What a peice of work this guy is. Wouldn't mind running across him these days
bg res

Canton, OH

#7 Oct 24, 2011
what is this guys first name. Just wondering.......
What

Herndon, VA

#8 Oct 24, 2011
I remember wrote:
Several years ago when I attended Drakes Creek he
went out of his way to make a big joke about how
pudgy I was then. What a peice of work this guy is. Wouldn't mind running across him these days
Why? So you can say what's up and keep moving?
I remember

Louisville, KY

#9 Oct 24, 2011
Yeah, thats it. It looks like he's not too well liked around these parts.
matt

Magee, MS

#10 Dec 10, 2011
Quite possibly the worst educator in the county. The only thing downing could do right is play a jerk teacher in the movies. But I doubt anyone would stomach a minute of him. There was another teacher at drakes, last name was rennegarb, I believe, now he was a nice guy, treated everyone great. They both were coaches for girls basketball.
Cocaine and Caviar

Olive Branch, MS

#11 Dec 12, 2011
Mr. Downing was quite possibly my favorite teacher at Drakes. He was a cool guy and very sports knowledgabe, not to mention a quality teacher.
Yes, I was very much in the popular crowd and it seems that we have a bunch of insecure losers on our hands. After all, who in their right mind posts on topics? Losers, thats who.
Stop living in the past and move on from your middle school days. Haha, fucking unreal.

Bowling Green, KY

#12 Dec 12, 2011
Cocaine and Caviar wrote:
Mr. Downing was quite possibly my favorite teacher at Drakes. He was a cool guy and very sports knowledgabe, not to mention a quality teacher.
Yes, I was very much in the popular crowd and it seems that we have a bunch of insecure losers on our hands. After all, who in their right mind posts on topics? Losers, thats who.
Stop living in the past and move on from your middle school days. Haha, fucking unreal.
Welcome to the losers club.
Chaz

United States

#13 Mar 15, 2012
There should be a reality show, where the losers that David Downing didn't care for faces the jocks in a survivor challenge where the closing team has to sleep with mr. Downing.
Tiffany

Somerset, KY

#14 Mar 16, 2012
I had Mr Downing as a teacher and a coach at Drakes Crrek and he was amazing. He taught me a wealth of knowledge and he was a great coach. Mr Downing cared both for his students and for his players on and off the classroom and court. Everytime I run into him he is just as sincere now as he was back them. I also know several members of his family and they are amazing people as well!!
maurice

Owensboro, KY

#15 Mar 16, 2012
Mr. Downing was your typical egotistical prick whom was an ass kisser to the jocks. Of course you loved him because he danced with you at the Friday Night Dances and kissed up. I remember how he treated his favorites, I just couldn't believe how open he was about it. Downing wouldn't fit in well today promoting anti bullying because I remember how bad the bullies were in his science class. I regret ever having him as a teacher and wish I could erase that segment from my memory, but by having him as an instructor taught me to treat someone the way you want to be treated.
Spartan Student

Floyds Knobs, IN

#16 Mar 25, 2012
i could not stand him the only people he liked were his basketball jocks he let them do what ever they wanted
josh

United States

#17 Mar 25, 2012
Downing gets the award for biggest ass teacher in the history of warren county schools.
Courtney

Herndon, VA

#18 Mar 25, 2012
I went to Drakes Creek years ago and was not a popular kid at all. Mr. Downing was my favorite teacher of my 8th grade year. Actually he made my year alot better by being a great teacher!! I loved his class and he was a excellent teacher.
Hell Ya

Eddyville, KY

#19 Mar 25, 2012
Cocaine and Caviar wrote:
Welcome to the Losers Club dumbass and here you are posting on topix just like everyone else. So tell us did you set out to make yourself look like an idiot?
PhD

Canton, OH

#20 Mar 25, 2012
Beth wrote:
Sounds like another Warren County administrator. However, the city schools are not any better. Especially Jim Tinius.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mary Craft (May '10) 37 min cousin 54
News Officer Involved Shooting in Morgantown Where D... 57 min Nuttybuddy 7
Nick 1 hr Closure 2
Leah Arnold 2 hr The real natalie 29
Buckle (Jun '14) 2 hr Kevin h 5
racisim ... 2 hr Kevin h 2
steven basham (Oct '11) 3 hr theoneheloves 5

Bowling Green Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance