Nice house abandoned on louisville rd

Posted in the Bowling Green Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Need Info

Georgetown, IN

#1 Jan 12, 2013
What's up with that very large nice house I think the people used to sell mums why is it just sitting there unoccupied that could be made into a really nice house
Blah Blah Blah

Nortonville, KY

#2 Jan 12, 2013
Are you talking about the one that's waaay out, brick, yard looks upkept. It would be on the left as you're heading out toward Oakland/Edmondson Co. I believe the one I'm thinking of has been sitting empty for at least 3 or 4 years.

They tried selling it at one point and wanted a RIDICULOUS price for it. It comes with several acres (30-something?). I was told that thieves or vandals broke into it and stole all of the copper wiring and any fixtures out of it and did EXTENSIVE damage in the process. Damage in the hundreds of thousands was my understanding.
hmm

Canton, OH

#3 Jan 12, 2013
Yeah I've always wanted to see inside that house because I've heard it had really nice/crazy architecture. It's been for sale for longer than 3-4 years I so believe. But I've also heard its way over priced.
Barry

Tucker, GA

#4 Jan 12, 2013
I heard the IRS came in and seized it, the part is true about the vandals. Did the owners lose the home??? It's an awful mess.
bgmom
#5 Jan 12, 2013
i heard the owner used lots of credit cards and such in building it and then when a bankrupsy occured the house was tied up in who got what money ect.
Blah Blah Blah

Nortonville, KY

#6 Jan 12, 2013
What's the address? I'm sure you can still find some old interior pictures on Google from the real estate listing.
Biker

Lexington, KY

#7 Jan 13, 2013
The original asking price was $675,000. And no, it was not involved with the IRS or due to overuse of credit cards. The owners were older and had health issues to the point they were no longer able to care for themselves. It has been sold on the courthouse steps twice, the first time bringing $400,000+ but the lady that bought it didn't pay for it. It was sold there this past week but I don't know what it was bid in for this last time or who bought it. I'm sure the house is going to require several thousands dollars to get it back to a livable state which is a shame because it was a beautiful home.
Need Info

Georgetown, IN

#8 Jan 13, 2013
What's the listing address so I can look it up
FYI

Louisville, KY

#9 Jan 13, 2013
Need Info wrote:
What's the listing address so I can look it up
9477 Louisville Rd....it's on Master Commissioner's sale for January 17, 2013....appraised amount showing is $277,000. Original owners are deceased.
FYI

Canton, OH

#10 Jan 13, 2013
The original owners of the house passed away several years ago. The house was sold to a lady who purchased a few houses for tax purposes. She did not live in this house. This lady has since passed away. The bank has taken possession of the home. The house is in disrepair. Many things have been stolen from the house. The family of the original owners live nearby and have to pass this house daily. It is difficult for them to see the house in such a state. I'm not sure how the bank could sell this house at Master Commission---it is full of mold, holes & I'm sure rodents & bugs.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#11 Jan 15, 2013
Alot of the stained glass has been busted out its a shame when you see the inside.. I work with the mortgage company.. Used to be such a beautiful house....
Info

New Albany, IN

#12 Jan 15, 2013
I looked at in and somewhat inside beautiful home with a ton of potential I really wanted to buy the home and renovate it but at the time last summer no one was selling. it has extensive damage and vandalism its such a shame how low ppl are.
Blah Blah Blah

Bowling Green, KY

#13 Jan 16, 2013
I wonder who will purchase it? The reason I knew about all of the vandalism is because a family member of mine owns a design firm that builds custom high-end homes and remodels existing ones. He had looked at it to buy when it was in the $400k range, but decided there was no room to make a profit on it at that price and in its current condition.
Vandals

Tucker, GA

#14 Jan 17, 2013
Yes as someone said the owners who actually lived there had a house in Lville also... This was a summer home for them. I looked into buying it, actually got a realtor friend to take me inside, very bad vandalism, to the point of no repair... Also black mold was discovered in the basement. Still had papers and belongings in the garage attached to the residence. The back nook where the stained glass was is/was beautiful, would have been a very nice home
Blah Blah Blah

Bowling Green, KY

#15 Jan 18, 2013
So it will probably end up demolished and sold for the lot/land?

I wonder who in the hell vandalized it that bad? It seems a little far out for that kind of activity.
Double D

Canton, OH

#16 Jan 18, 2013
Is this the same house that some guy stormed into about 6 or 7 years ago and held police at a stand off for about 2 days
Blah Blah Blah

Bowling Green, KY

#17 Jan 18, 2013
Double D wrote:
Is this the same house that some guy stormed into about 6 or 7 years ago and held police at a stand off for about 2 days
No. They're in the same vicinity, but the one you're referring to was repaired and has never been abandoned.
i did

United States

#18 Jan 21, 2013
I stopped there one day to check it out. One of the doors to the attached garage was unlocked so I went in. The house its self is beautiful, if u could over look the rat poo and mess. The basement is just as big as the main floor. It could truly b a beautiful home. People did go and steal several things. The air units were gutted. I my several for the right price would buy it, the price they want for it now isn't worth it. It would probably take 6 months of work with no budget to get it live able.
Anyone know

Elizabethtown, KY

#19 Feb 27, 2013
House just sold 229,900 dollars any word on who may of bought this. I didn't even now it was for sell..
Blah Blah Blah

Bowling Green, KY

#20 Feb 27, 2013
Anyone know wrote:
House just sold 229,900 dollars any word on who may of bought this. I didn't even now it was for sell..
I'm guessing it was a Master of Commissioner's sale. I HOPE whomever bought it is able to restore it to its former glory.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I get poop stains in my underwear a lot 4 min BG4Life 2
Gays Are Disgusting 5 min poor James 21
stepnie sowders the facebook thug 1 hr Gangsta wanna be 6
Justice 1 hr Justice 1
Kroger on Campbell Lane (Oct '13) 2 hr Joe 39
Jessica Miller and Chris Geralds 2 hr Nasty 1
who was she 2 hr soulmate 3

Bowling Green Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance