Ann Blair Thorton signs
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Sourpuss

United States

#1 Jan 15, 2012
First off congrats to miss Kentucky ann blair thorton, I wish her the best and was pulling for her, but is it necessary to have a sign at exit 26 off I65, saying the home of miss Kentucky, when there are at least 100 people I can think of that are a lot more famous than her. I mean I highly doubt this girl will be the next Nicole Kidman, or be a daytime diva on the bold and beautiful. Where is the recognition for people like; Corey Hart, Hillbilly Jim, the guy from Smallville, John Carpenter, Courtney Lee, Veatrice from Jimmy kimmel.

All of those are actually famous, but don't have a fancy sign. Just because her obnoxious father, Steve is loaded with money, doesn't rank her above true famous people from Bowling Green.
redneck

North Ridgeville, OH

#2 Jan 15, 2012
Sourpuss wrote:
First off congrats to miss Kentucky ann blair thorton, I wish her the best and was pulling for her, but is it necessary to have a sign at exit 26 off I65, saying the home of miss Kentucky, when there are at least 100 people I can think of that are a lot more famous than her. I mean I highly doubt this girl will be the next Nicole Kidman, or be a daytime diva on the bold and beautiful. Where is the recognition for people like; Corey Hart, Hillbilly Jim, the guy from Smallville, John Carpenter, Courtney Lee, Veatrice from Jimmy kimmel.

All of those are actually famous, but don't have a fancy sign. Just because her obnoxious father, Steve is loaded with money, doesn't rank her above true famous people from Bowling Green.
I totally agree... Bg is all about money...

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#3 Jan 15, 2012
The guy from Smallville. So famous you don't even know his name!

You rednecks are making too big a deal over this. DC Clements had a billboard. Get a life, each of you.
bgguy

Hillview, KY

#4 Jan 15, 2012
Steve doesn't have money. He has credit. He is a name dropping pompus ***hole windbag. He is not near as good as he thinks he is.

As far as Ann Blair is concerned, the fruit didn't fall from the tree. One word, superficial just like her parents. Miss America, give me a break. I knew her in high school and what a joke. Is this her dream or her daddy's exceptation?
redneck

Canton, OH

#5 Jan 15, 2012
Courtesy Flush wrote:

You rednecks are making too big a deal over this. DC Clements had a billboard. Get a life, each of you.
Wtf does dc Clements have to do with this... Always wanna throw the race card out... Dumb b!tch.....
redneck

Canton, OH

#6 Jan 15, 2012
Courtesy Flush wrote:

And does the rest of the agents at state farm, so what's your point dummy?
howie

United States

#7 Jan 15, 2012
The sign is a metal-plaque permanent sign, not a billboard like JR Wade or DC Clements has up.
Anonymous

Bowling Green, KY

#9 Jan 16, 2012
Ann Blair is SUCH a sweetheart- she has worked so incredibly hard for everything she has earned, and deserves everything she gets- including a small sign on a road in her hometown. She is making Bowling Green a much more well-known, better place- and has done more with her life than many others in this city.
yukkieee

Canton, OH

#10 Jan 16, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
Ann Blair is SUCH a sweetheart- she has worked so incredibly hard for everything she has earned, and deserves everything she gets- including a small sign on a road in her hometown. She is making Bowling Green a much more well-known, better place- and has done more with her life than many others in this city.
CRAP CRAP CRAP AND MORE CRAP..
personally I was rooting for Miss Tenn., much more beauty and talent then your high stepping rich gal.
Your "sweetheart" didn't even make the first cut! LOL
unreal

Providence, KY

#11 Jan 16, 2012
I don't know the young girl, but her father is an absolute joke, and I'm sure he rubs off on her, sounds like Steve wanted to be Miss America more than her. I can't believe her fifth grade teacher remembered stuff about her writing about Miss America, get a life to the teacher, there are so many girls that go through pagents and just become teachers, pharmaceutical sales reps, retail workers, etc.

Look at Lori Mitchell who was Miss Kentucky USA in 2003, she is semi-successful being at WKRN, but its not like she's Katie Couric or anything, plus she doesn't want to be remembered for her beauty pagents seeing there is no mention on her WKRN bio. The sign for Ann Blair is a joke, if its going to remain there, then they better put one up for Corey Hart, whom bust his ass for 25 years to get to be where he is today, plus he is a household name, Ann Blair will be nothing more than an afterthought, sure she may marry a rich person and live a great life, but she isn't going to be famous.

One person whom did more than anything and doesn't get the credit she deserves is Veatrice Rice, whom was on Jimmy Kimmel's show for four years from 2004-2008, sadly she passed away 3 years ago in January 2009, but she was one of the greatest, she had no experience in hollywood, but she went on to become one of the greatest, funniest individuals on his show. She lived in Bowling Green a long time and I remember seeing her at the old Jerry's on the bypass.
You Said That

North Ridgeville, OH

#12 Jan 16, 2012
She's a nice kid. She's not hurting anybody. Let her have her moment, sheesh.

If you want all those other people to have signs up, then figure out how you get it done and go do it. Try smiling and feeling good when nice things happen to people, then spread that good feeling by trying to make nice things happen to even more people.

Location hidden

#13 Jan 16, 2012
unreal wrote:
Look at Lori Mitchell who was Miss Kentucky USA in 2003, she is semi-successful being at WKRN, but its not like she's Katie Couric or anything, plus she doesn't want to be remembered for her beauty pagents seeing there is no mention on her WKRN bio. The sign for Ann Blair is a joke, if its going to remain there, then they better put one up for Corey Hart, whom bust his ass for 25 years to get to be where he is today, plus he is a household name, Ann Blair will be nothing more than an afterthought, sure she may marry a rich person and live a great life, but she isn't going to be famous
You are in dire need of a life to care about who has a sign and who doesn't.
Papa

Bowling Green, KY

#14 Jan 17, 2012
Maybe we name a pizza after her?
jimmy jam jammy

North Ridgeville, OH

#15 Jan 17, 2012
At least the sign is tiny. Maybe someone will "accidentally" hit it with their car. I think Lisa sparks should have a sign. At least she holds a world record!
Pauline

Bowling Green, KY

#17 Jan 18, 2012
I think Sofonda Peters should also have a sign. She specialized in customer satisfaction.
ann blair club

United States

#18 Jan 18, 2012
Somebody take the sign down, she lost and now she is back to being old ann blair again, anyway, I was wondering if she was going to be in a bikini. They use to have the remaining girls that didn't get picked dance in bikinis while the others hit the runway, this year they just wore those ugly pants and sang that stupid song.
BG Native

North Ridgeville, OH

#19 Mar 16, 2012
Shame on all of you bashing a school girl, really!!! I guess you have to try to put someone else down to feel good about yourselves. I encourage you to go out and pursue your own dream. Live your life and enjoy it to the fullest, that is clearly what Miss Thornton. Corey Hart, Hillbilly Jim & Mr. Carpenter are doing! Jealousy is so uglyn& evil, fight it!!!
Craig

Canton, OH

#20 Mar 16, 2012
Oh yeah. Whether daddy has money or credit...he is a scum bag who wants your money. He appears in court late and is never prepared. He is NOHTHING and he knows it.

Location hidden

#21 Mar 16, 2012
Craig wrote:
Oh yeah. Whether daddy has money or credit...he is a scum bag who wants your money. He appears in court late and is never prepared. He is NOHTHING and he knows it.

Don't you wish you had his success?
lurker

Lafayette, TN

#22 Apr 4, 2012
does it really matter if she has a sign or not? sounds like someone is bitter b/c seriously? its not that serious. winning Miss Kentucky or Miss Kentucky USA or the teen pageants are a big deal. Ann-Blair won both OT and Miss so of course she deserves a sign. most state winners get one! Bowling Green should be proud instead of hating.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christmas Decorations-Already On Homes? 3 min family time 6
trying to survive 1 hr Sickened by men a... 34
Teachers pension 2 hr smart student 92
Tina meredith raines n jail again (Feb '11) 3 hr Santa 36
Looking for a fit/strong black man to do my wife. 5 hr CaringPerson 5
Overtime ladies 5 hr backup 2
Parent 5 hr true 9
Jim Decesare Scandal 22 hr wondering 38

Bowling Green Jobs

More from around the web