If you're queer.
Truth

Bowling Green, KY

#2 Jul 3, 2009
that's the truth!!!
Stephanie Hill

Bloomington, IL

#4 Jul 3, 2009
that jennifer mcmillian is a lesbian. ugly ass bitch! thinks her shit doesn't stink and it does. i think her, lynn, and rachel eat each other.
ajcIII

Utica, KY

#5 Jul 3, 2009
Oh my GOD!! At Afni, which I work, you have to answer phone calls. Something a well trained monkey can handle. And they pay well for the job tasks. It is not always a fun job, but it is a nice place to work. Jennifer, Lynn and Rachel are all very good people and coaches. They know thier job and do it well.

If you work there and you think it's not a great place to work, hit the bricks. You can do a job more towards your skill level....I hear McD's is hiring, but that requires some skill too, and if you can't make it at Afni....well lets just say that McD's is going to be a little advanced for you. McDonalds is a multi-syllable word.

When you were at Afni, did you do the job or dick around? Did you take 50 personals a day or did you stay on the phones and do your job. You all make it sound like it is such a torture chamber. In my time there, we have lost IHD, mentors, floor walkers, we have to get mgmt approval for goodwill credits and a few other minor things. All of those things people used as a crutch. Well guess what, no more...and you know....even with them taking all that stuff away I still manage to do my job and keep my AHT down to within band and my QA is 80%-90%.

If your going to bitch about something, at least make it relevant, worth while and true. Cause most of this thread sounds like a bunch of people who couldn't hack it as Customer Service people.

Get a life!
Ur Joking_Right

Lexington, KY

#6 Jul 3, 2009
I didn't bitch. All I said was that it's a good place to work, "if you're queer".

I never considered $9 an hour being associated with good pay. LOL

You are correct on one thing. A monkey can do a job at AFNI. Maybe they should give you guy's a banana as incentives.
ajcIII

Utica, KY

#7 Jul 3, 2009
$9 for answering phones? Come on. It's not rocket science. Considering what other jobs are out there, and with all of them paying minumum wage, anymore $9 is pretty good.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#8 Jul 3, 2009
$9 is like minimum wage these days.

But it's money I guess, better than nothing.
EX-Afni worker

White House, TN

#9 Jul 3, 2009
Ur Joking_Right wrote:
I didn't bitch. All I said was that it's a good place to work, "if you're queer".
I never considered $9 an hour being associated with good pay. LOL
You are correct on one thing. A monkey can do a job at AFNI. Maybe they should give you guy's a banana as incentives.
i worked there a lot longer than u have & who cares what your stats are u will never advance in the company unless u kiss somebody's ass or sleep w/ higher ups...get out while u can...it is a dead end road..........

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#10 Jul 3, 2009
I don't work there. But I do have a couple of friends that work there or have worked there and they have said there are a lot of gay people that do work there.
EX-Afni worker wrote:
<quoted text>
i worked there a lot longer than u have & who cares what your stats are u will never advance in the company unless u kiss somebody's ass or sleep w/ higher ups...get out while u can...it is a dead end road..........
ajcIII

Utica, KY

#11 Jul 3, 2009
EX-Afni worker wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's not a dead end road if your willing to do the work. Several people have advanced in the company within a 3 month period. All of them know the job, do the job well and that's how you get promoted.

If you go in to work everyday, get on the phones everyday, know your stuff and stay updated with everything Verizon Wireless does, you will do fine. If you go in looking for a quick buck and then leave don't waste your time. Afni is a good place to work, I have a great schedule and a fantastic coach who knows me and the way I am. Upper managment is excellent, they all will help you if you need help and if you ask for it. Yeah there are going to be days where you just don't feel like going to work, but that comes with every job.

If you didn't make it at Afni you can only blame yourself, the doors are there, you have to open them.
Emina

Bloomington, IL

#12 Jul 4, 2009
that place blows. onstar is on the way out. i mean they have got rid of webchat, IHD, SME, assistant coaches, and now they are cutting back on the onstar department. most everyone is going to northeast care.
somebody who works there

Hillview, KY

#13 Jul 27, 2009
ajcll...you sound like a new comer to Afni. If all you have seen is the sme's, ihd, floor walkers and mentors leave. You haven't really experienced anything at Afni. Yes don't get me wrong it does pay well for us to sit and take customer service calls but at the same time there are few things that they have taken away that were very helpful.

1) Shift Assumptions- It's not really easy finding someone to switch shifts with at work however it is easy to find someone to just assume it if that person has missed hours that week.

2)Floor walkers and Mentors-Going back to what ajcll said about them. U r downing people for using the floor walkers and mentors for questions like you've never raised your hand at work. I guess you know everything? So since you can manage to do your job without the help or floor walkers or mentors and have managed to keep your KPI's up why are you still taking calls? Why haven't you advanced in the company since you are so "good"?

So when you become a coach or SOM for the company...then down people about the job. until then shut the hell up.
brian

Denver, CO

#15 Oct 29, 2010
I just started at AFNI last monday oct 25th in a new call center and I have an interview for a promotion to coach on monday nov 1. Exactly 7 days after i was hired. If that isnt advancement opportunities i dont know what is.
Ex-Trac Guy in BG

Lafayette, TN

#16 Oct 31, 2010
Ok, Was at BG facility for over 2 years, about 7 years ago, when they had tech support there (the good old days). As with all call centers, you have to be there when the call volumes are high, so I expected crazy hours, and got crazy hours, the things I guess that I didn't care for was the inability to ever get a weekend off. Schedule picks used to work on seniority, so if you were a noob then good luck even getting two days off in a row, let alone a weekend. Someone above had mentioned shift trades, yeah right, good luck with that if you want to get a weekend off! Oh and the pay for what it was, was ok. I think around $11 or $11.50 with unsociable hours bonus. Anyway, it was an ok place to work, not fantastic as it is a call center after all.

I Made a lot of great friends there. I was new to the area and didn't really know anyone. Formed some great long term friendships. In fact I'm always bumping into people I used to work with, and still hang out with a couple of friends I made there.

Oh and yes there were lot of gay people working there when i was there, so what? Deal with it, these days you are lucky if you even have a job, and be thankful it's not minimum wage.

PS Trac was a small dept so for those of you who know who this is, I hope you all are well!

Regards
The Guy From The (Far) East
Sane

San Francisco, CA

#17 Nov 3, 2010
Nice blatant homophobia. It sounds like an awful place to work if you're queer, if there are the likes of you around.
Info

Shepherdsville, KY

#18 Nov 3, 2010
brian wrote:
I just started at AFNI last monday oct 25th in a new call center and I have an interview for a promotion to coach on monday nov 1. Exactly 7 days after i was hired. If that isnt advancement opportunities i dont know what is.
How about you wait to see if you get this promotion. Getting an interview isn't the hard part, its getting the job.
nope

Canton, OH

#19 Nov 6, 2010
It is a job,better than nothin.
brian

Denver, CO

#20 Nov 6, 2010
Info wrote:
<quoted text>How about you wait to see if you get this promotion. Getting an interview isn't the hard part, its getting the job.
GOT IT!! so what up now haterz?
pkb

Neches, TX

#21 Nov 21, 2010
i used to work at afni. it was such a shitty place to work. all they do is talk about policys they don't follow & when it really comes down to it $9 an hour isn't nearly enough to listen to someone tell me that i should die of brest cancer b/c of something there kid didn't do! I think that they need someone in HR that will actually do there job, instead of turning there nose up at you b/c your not preppy enough.
cid

United States

#22 Dec 14, 2010
Brian, you're talking about the new AFNI center in Evans, they're talk about the AFNI center in Bowling Green(it seems). AFNI has tons of advancement opportunities, as long as you're not a person that likes to bitch about doing his/her job. Money is money, if taking phone calls isn't up your ally, then you're free to go elsewhere. AFNI for one, has never laid anyone off, and is always looking to hire additional employees. How many other companies can state that? The world is full of negative people, so someone is always going to find a flaw with something. I've worked for AFNI for about 2 1/2 years. I wasn't there for the prepay/webchat or anything of that nature, but know lots of people that were. I've always seen a lot of people come and go. Meeting the KPI's that they have established isn't that hard, and with the new director (at the Bowling Green site) bonuses for reps is pretty easy to obtain. It's a job, so schedules have to be flexible. What point in bitching about when you work? You work for a paycheck, and will get that paycheck as long as you work. For those that don't think you can advance within AFNI, you've never truly WORKED for AFNI. You may of been employed, and may be quite, or was terminated during training for failing to show up to work, but advancement opportunities are always available for those willing to put in the work. They brought back floorwalkers in the form of mentors, which are basically coach assistants.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stop bringing your screaming brats to restaurants 10 min Diaper Rash 1
Picture Perfect Memories 42 min reality check 6
Brandy Burkeen 1 hr SugarDaddy 23
Any cougars in BG? 3 hr Mrs Robinson 28
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 4 hr DammFoolz 623
More and ever more apartment buildings 5 hr Mmmm 5
If you can't afford kids don't have them 5 hr Mmmm 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bowling Green Mortgages