Warren County School Superintendent

Posted in the Bowling Green Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kathy Summers

United States

#1 Aug 9, 2012
Its pathetic that the cowards that represent our school systems aren't msn enough to get on here and lay down some rules regarding the cyberbullying. It's pathetic that 2 kids have killed themselves over topic in the last month and the administration are more worried about academics and selling there school system academically to get money and awards from the state.
Fed up

Somerset, KY

#2 Aug 9, 2012
Its the same in the city schools also. I am not sure if there is a solution other than shutting down all public schools in the nation and starting all over from scratch. It's seems no one cares anymore. It's all about politics. Then this Leader in Me crap. Those 7 habits are so abstract. They really mean nothing. Ugh. This nation is doomed.
Really?

United States

#3 Aug 9, 2012
Why is it the schools' responsibility? How about as a parent, you find out what the hell your kid is doing? Check their phones, check their emails, check their Facebook. The schools job is to give our children an education, it is my job as a parent, to make sure my child is being raised with morals and standards!! Stop blaming the school systems, blame the parents!!
Look it up

Somerset, KY

#4 Aug 9, 2012
It is the law to provide every student with a safe learning envirnonment. Also, since they spend most of the day with the children, it is their job to guide them to be better people.
Please!!

Sarasota, FL

#5 Aug 9, 2012
Look it up wrote:
It is the law to provide every student with a safe learning envirnonment. Also, since they spend most of the day with the children, it is their job to guide them to be better people.
Cyberbullying goes on at home more than school. They cannot access those websites on school computers. Again, it's not the school's job to police what your kid is doing on their phone. Parents need to step up and take responsibility for raising punks that are mean to people. Guiding them to be better people? LOL. No, that is your job! I don't want my kid's time wasted watching a teacher constantly disciplining misbehaving children. My child is sent to school to get an education, my child learns to be a better person by the examples I set at home and in life.
Sam

United States

#6 Aug 9, 2012
Are u kidding. When u mix 1000 kids in a school together and introduce them to each other at age 12 like they do in warren county, your gonna pick that kid to bully because your with them 7 hours a day in a building. There is nothing that a parent can do to prevent what there child does at school. I was never bullied anywhere but school because the world wide web wasn't around in my junior high years. It is the damn school and teachers responsibly to prevent bullying starting with the superintendent. Columbine massacre in 1999 would have never happened had that school not helped those two kids from the bullies. Half of the time your in the classroom your watching a pointless video or something else that is a waste of time when those hours while your in school could be devoted to anti bullying classes. Those school lunch room monitors are more interested in talking about what happened on General Hospital than providing discipline. When my son had a turd put in his burger last year at warren east middle, he said the cafeteria monitors never discipline the bullies. It starts at school period.
bullies

United States

#7 Aug 9, 2012
Sam wrote:
Are u kidding. When u mix 1000 kids in a school together and introduce them to each other at age 12 like they do in warren county, your gonna pick that kid to bully because your with them 7 hours a day in a building. There is nothing that a parent can do to prevent what there child does at school. I was never bullied anywhere but school because the world wide web wasn't around in my junior high years. It is the damn school and teachers responsibly to prevent bullying starting with the superintendent. Columbine massacre in 1999 would have never happened had that school not helped those two kids from the bullies. Half of the time your in the classroom your watching a pointless video or something else that is a waste of time when those hours while your in school could be devoted to anti bullying classes. Those school lunch room monitors are more interested in talking about what happened on General Hospital than providing discipline. When my son had a turd put in his burger last year at warren east middle, he said the cafeteria monitors never discipline the bullies. It starts at school period.
This post is about cyberbullying. The two children who took their lives over
The summer, the bullying happened on their parents watch not the school. Kids aren't in school during the summer. Also, I have noticed a huge DECREASE in posts on this website since school has started back up. Again, it is the schools job to police a kids Internet activity during non school hours, it's
the parents. Maybe if parents did their damn job and be a parent, horrible
Things wouldn't go down. Mixing kids from different backgrounds is a cop out. If kids were being raised properly, the color of ones skin, or economic situation shouldn't matter to a child. That behavior is learned somewhere. Stop blaming the schools for your lack of parenting.
omg

New Albany, IN

#8 Aug 9, 2012
bullies wrote:
<quoted text>This post is about cyberbullying. The two children who took their lives over
The summer, the bullying happened on their parents watch not the school. Kids aren't in school during the summer. Also, I have noticed a huge DECREASE in posts on this website since school has started back up. Again, it is the schools job to police a kids Internet activity during non school hours, it's
the parents. Maybe if parents did their damn job and be a parent, horrible
Things wouldn't go down. Mixing kids from different backgrounds is a cop out. If kids were being raised properly, the color of ones skin, or economic situation shouldn't matter to a child. That behavior is learned somewhere. Stop blaming the schools for your lack of parenting.
Which 2 students?
This is how it goes

Somerset, KY

#9 Aug 9, 2012
Only one half of all teachers do their jobs. The rest flirt, sexually harass, have affairs, gossip, shop on line, text, talk on the phone, Facebook, or twitter all day. I really think somewhere in that time they could stop bullying somehow. It's your tax dollars paying their salaries. We should demand better!
Tax Dollars

United States

#10 Aug 9, 2012
My child is getting and has always received an excellent education, but she also knows how to behave in class and why she is there. Since we are talking about spending tax dollars, it's a waste of mine when you haven't taught you kids right from wrong and the teachers have to waste my child's teaching time correcting and disciplining your kids because you didn't do your job as a parent teaching them those things at home. Stop being lazy and expecting the school systems to do your job as parents!!
Jinks

New Albany, IN

#11 Aug 9, 2012
Kathy Summers wrote:
Its pathetic that the cowards that represent our school systems aren't msn enough to get on here and lay down some rules regarding the cyberbullying. It's pathetic that 2 kids have killed themselves over topic in the last month and the administration are more worried about academics and selling there school system academically to get money and awards from the state.
Why the hell would any representative of either school system get on topix to discuss cyberbullying on topix? Isnt it your job as a parent to handle the cyberbullying, and their job to handle bullying at school? What's pathetic is that you think it's more important for them to address this on topix than to worry about academics, which is their job! By the way, calling them cowards on the Internet is a prime example of cyberbullying. Good job.
agreed

United States

#12 Aug 9, 2012
I agree its not the schools responsibility. Kids on this website aren't exactly children anymore. If they were raised with any morals, they should know better. They don't get on topix at school. They do it at home. How is a teacher supposed to stop a kid who is more than likely atleast 13 or older, from getting on topix at home under their parents supervision? Teachers should do what they can while your child is at school to prevent bullying. But it won't do a bit of good to those with parents who don't give a shit. Your raise your children from birth. These teachers get these kids maybe 8 months out of a life time. They can't undo all the bad some parents haved done in what little time they have these kids.
Why

Somerset, KY

#13 Aug 9, 2012
This is how it goes wrote:
Only one half of all teachers do their jobs. The rest flirt, sexually harass, have affairs, gossip, shop on line, text, talk on the phone, Facebook, or twitter all day. I really think somewhere in that time they could stop bullying somehow. It's your tax dollars paying their salaries. We should demand better!
Walk into a classroom unannounced and see what's going on. You'll find most of them NOT working.
Why

Somerset, KY

#14 Aug 9, 2012
[QUOTE who="Please!!"]<q uoted text>
Cyberbullying goes on at home more than school. They cannot access those websites on school computers. Again, it's not the school's job to police what your kid is doing on their phone. Parents need to step up and take responsibility for raising punks that are mean to people. Guiding them to be better people? LOL. No, that is your job! I don't want my kid's time wasted watching a teacher constantly disciplining misbehaving children. My child is sent to school to get an education, my child learns to be a better person by the examples I set at home and in life.[/QUOTE]

Why are there so many incredibly STUPID people on this planet? It is the teacher's job to teach morals just as much as the parents. It goes full circle. The teacher is viewed as a type parent to a chiild. Research proves this. I think the people protesting that it's not the teacher's job are teachers themselves. Get off of your cell phone and do your job. I know what goes on. I work with people who observe classrooms and it's not good. Discipline in a classroom is the teacher's job as well. Sometimes I think it's backwards land here.
?

New Albany, IN

#15 Aug 9, 2012
What's the point of our superintendent logging on to topix?
What would that do? Stop kids from commenting about each other? Shut down the whole website?
It would do nothing.
huh

Nortonville, KY

#16 Aug 9, 2012
So why the need to call out the Superintendent of Warren County? I think I'm confused on this one.

A previous poster mentioned that these students killed themselves during the summer. Moreover, they were not from Warren County.

The moral of this story is ..... The nation is relying upon schools to fix problems that have always been (and should be) handled at home.

This entire site is ridiculous.
Page

United States

#17 Oct 6, 2012
The superintendent should be called out because he is the head authority figure of the school system. I don't know the man, but bullying is the top problem in schools, it always has been, but it just took until the last year or so to get noticed. It's a shame Leonard McCoy wasn't man enough to write me back when my daughter would come home and try to drown herself in the bath tub more than once. I hope whoever is there now is paying attention.
not a rocket scientist

La Grange, KY

#18 Oct 6, 2012
Look it up wrote:
You'd prefer the school raise your child? PARENTS LIKE YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!!!!! It is NOT the schools responsibility to teach them to be better people. It is the schools job to teach them acedemically. Morals start at HOME. Get off the computer and go see what your kid is doing on their computer, what are they texting to their friends, who are the spending time with and what are they doing? Again, it is parent like YOU that sit back and depend on someoen else to do their job as a parent who have failed. America is falling further and further behind. Let the schools FOCUS on Math, Science, Social Studies, English, etc instead of expecting them to teach you child who to be as a person and everything else. Parents like that are pathetic. Take some responsibility.
firsthand knowledge

New Albany, IN

#19 Oct 6, 2012
I am in many of the local schools on a regular basis and most, if not each, has a teacher-led curriculum and information around the computers about what cyberbullying is and what a student should do if they feel it is happening to them or someone they know. The schools do not take any form of bullying lightly. Sadly, a few (not saying ALL) of the kids learn this behavior from a parent or older sibling/relative in the home and their activities on the computer - facebook posts, irate emails to ex-spouses, and anonymous forums, such as this one, which reinforce the idea that one doesn't have to be accountable for their spite towards individuals or groups. No matter ones age, words can and do hurt and have lasting effects. It is up to the parents to teach this to their children and teachers will gladly reinforce - but please do not put all the responsibility on the school system.
Leonard McCoy sucked

United States

#20 Oct 6, 2012
The teachers are blind to what bullying is today and what it was back in the 1980s when I went thru it, bullying does not have to be verbal or physical, I'll give you an example, I remember back at warren central when we were in lunch in the late 1980s and some kids down the table would always switch my milk with a carton full of toilet piss if I had to get up, I remember drinking that toilet piss that day and nothing was ever done because I was told that if you ratted the cool kids out you would die and the ones that victimized me were the pets, it's the same story today. There's always going to be the jocks and athletes vs the geeks and nerds. It's time to stand up and look at the big picture, the schools should separate the jocks from the geeks and if it requires going through the whole school roster and deciding who is a threat to a high risk geek, it would be worth it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kaylee sturm (May '15) 1 hr Mmmhmmm 16
Brandy Belcher all star plumbing 3 hr Tough guy Paul 5
Dalton Coleman? 3 hr Lol 41
Dentist Dr. Walden Bowling green 3 hr asking around 11
Kourtland Hampton 5 hr Send Him Kisses 6
Reds restaurant 5 hr oh now now 7
Holiday Inn (Dec '10) 5 hr oh ho ho ho 4
Unfaithful Spouses Or Significant Others (May '12) 18 hr This bitch 44

Bowling Green Jobs

More from around the web