Christian Father

Louisville, KY

#61 Apr 11, 2013
idiot wrote:
<quoted text>you to stupid to post on here if you actually believe what they have it priced at is the what they pay for it ROFLMAO
I am a vendor at Kroger, Walmart, Houchens and Priceless. Yes they sell it at my cost plus 1% of invoice, then add 10% at registers. So actual 11% markup. I know as I said as I carry 25 items in this store and the others
I like it

Clarkson, KY

#62 Apr 11, 2013
I have been there twice. I actually like it. They have a good selection for the size of the store. The size of the store is actually the best part, It is not huge and I am in and out. Parking is PERFECT! I learned that some stores will run sales and even take a loss on advertised sale items to get you in the store. The meat man told me Priceless does not do that. Their prices are consistent. What they pay to get it on the shelf, plus 10%.
yea yea

Louisville, KY

#63 Apr 11, 2013
Ao christan father witch one is cheaper walmart or priceless iga???
Really?!?!

White Plains, KY

#64 Apr 11, 2013
yea yea wrote:
Ao christan father witch one is cheaper walmart or priceless iga???
neither of them are witches. Huh?!?! Please try again. With all of the spelling errors, we do not understand. Please correct and ask again. You know, like normal people.
yes

United States

#65 Apr 11, 2013
I don't care where I shop I get food stamps more than enought
GEEZ

New Albany, IN

#66 Apr 12, 2013
YOU WONT LIKE THIS wrote:
<quoted text>
More wars than Bush? Obama brought our guys out of Iraq. Obama also was in charge when Osam Bin Laden got taken down. Remember Bush saying he didn't have time to worry about Bin Laden? I'll answer by calling you a fool for being a Bushbot. Oh and he got Gaddafi, I forgot to mention that one. Your a fool if you think that you are not part of the 47% of the people he hated. You right wingers better come up with someone better than you have in the past...McCain and Palin, or this clown Rmoney on the last election. I satisfied the way I voted, get used to it.
You are a hopeless Obama zombie. How many kids did Bush kill with drones? Did Bush give the ok to use drones on US soil? You arent going to beat me down with your Obama left wing nazi propaganda. Like I said your father would be ashamed of you. Obama didnt get shit it was Navy Seals,you know the guys who really care about this country. Where is Obamas budget? Havent seen one in 4 years. NDAA trying to get our guns. You are a sad media propaganda believing dumbass.
GEEZ

New Albany, IN

#67 Apr 12, 2013
And by the way the Bush defense is getting old. Why dont you try to get a thought for yourself. If you are happy the way you voted that proves what a kool aid drinking fool you are.
Dee Dee

Bowling Green, KY

#68 Apr 12, 2013
It is a grocery store, people. They are all over the place. Get over it!
question

Louisville, KY

#69 Apr 12, 2013
Who are the managers?
I applied there but never heard the end result?
Who is over produce and deli areas?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#70 Apr 12, 2013
BGInsider wrote:
OKay, here we go again with ignorance from the usual ignorant one. You are getting real old and tiring, I mean really old and tiring!!!
Houchens Industries owns the IGA stores, Junior Food Stores, and all the Shell outlets in town!!! Add to that the Browning Shell Distribution, yes, they distribute to themselves, profiting twice!!!
It doesn't matter how many stupid things you say, they still don't make sense. They don't have a monopoly on gas, they don't own or operate a majority of the gas outlets.
Between Houchens and Fred Higgins/Minit Mart, they control over 85% of the stations in town, yes they do, so shut up, please shut up.
No they don't. Can't you count?

Shell : 7 locations
Jr Food : 8
IGA Crossroads: 4 or 5
Minit Mart : 9
----------

Houchens and Minit Mart have 28 or 29 stations in BG out of 53.

I don't know how you figure that to be 85%, but why don't you do yourself a favor and shut the f-ck up until you know what you're talking about?
Bozotheclown

Canton, OH

#71 Apr 12, 2013
They Call Me Bad News wrote:
<quoted text>It doesn't matter how many stupid things you say, they still don't make sense. They don't have a monopoly on gas, they don't own or operate a majority of the gas outlets.

[QUOTE]
Between Houchens and Fred Higgins/Minit Mart, they control over 85% of the stations in town, yes they do, so shut up, please shut up."

No they don't. Can't you count?

Shell : 7 locations
Jr Food : 8
IGA Crossroads: 4 or 5
Minit Mart : 9
----------

Houchens and Minit Mart have 28 or 29 stations in BG out of 53.

I don't know how you figure that to be 85%, but why don't you do yourself a favor and shut the f-ck up until you know what you're talking about?
Once again, you need the help of a dictionary Bad News. Why don't you explain how Houchens and Fred Higgens do not have a majority of gas stations in Warren County. Monopoly, possibly? Controlling volume, without a doubt.
You really are obtuse. In your speak, " a total idiot".
Enjoy your fantasy world moron.
blessed

United States

#72 Apr 12, 2013
we live in a country where you have the freedom to shop anywhere you want to. thank GOD that we have that right.
Blah Blah Blah

Eddyville, KY

#73 Apr 13, 2013
blessed wrote:
thank GOD that we have that right.
Thank the men & women who put their lives on the line for that freedom.
Curious

Tucker, GA

#74 Apr 13, 2013
Do you have to have to bring your own bags?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#75 Apr 13, 2013
Bozotheclown wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you need the help of a dictionary Bad News. Why don't you explain how Houchens and Fred Higgens do not have a majority of gas stations in Warren County.
I said that they don't control 85% of the outlets, which is what BGRetard said. You need the help of a reading tutor.
Monopoly, possibly? Controlling volume, without a doubt.
Enjoy your fantasy world moron.
Consult a dictionary for the meaning of the word "monopoly."

And no, neither Houchens or Minit Mart, either together or separately, control the volume and I don't know where the hell you came up with the idea that such a thing is even possible.
Bozotheclown

Canton, OH

#76 Apr 13, 2013
They Call Me Bad News wrote:
<quoted text>I said that they don't control 85% of the outlets, which is what BGRetard said. You need the help of a reading tutor.

[QUOTE] Monopoly, possibly? Controlling volume, without a doubt.
Enjoy your fantasy world moron."

Consult a dictionary for the meaning of the word "monopoly."

And no, neither Houchens or Minit Mart, either together or separately, control the volume and I don't know where the hell you came up with the idea that such a thing is even possible.
Did not claim monopoly. Maybe you should seek a reading tutor.
Yes, together they control the volume in Warren County. IF, they are colluding, then they would absolutely control the market on the sales price. YOU can't prove they are not, conversely I can not prove they are. The same sales prices within minutes for each movement, up or down, sure is cause for speculation. Unless you are a blind idiot. Oh wait....you definitely are an idiot!
Dee Dee

Lexington, KY

#77 Apr 13, 2013
Curious wrote:
No, they have bags and they do not charge extra for them.
Curious

Tucker, GA

#78 Apr 13, 2013
Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>No, they have bags and they do not charge extra for them.
Thanks!
Bags

Glasgow, KY

#79 Apr 14, 2013
Curious wrote:
I've lived in Germany for a number of years and if you don't bring your own grocery bags to the store, then you have to purchase the store's bags.

Just like Aldi's in Bowling Green - typical German Grocery Store. I have a feeling that within a few years our grocery stores will eventually switch to the same policy.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#81 Apr 15, 2013
GEEZ wrote:
And by the way the Bush defense is getting old. Why dont you try to get a thought for yourself. If you are happy the way you voted that proves what a kool aid drinking fool you are.
I love America where we get to choose who becomes president. I am not for everything Obama has done, or is doing, but he beats the hell out that dumbass we had last time. My opinion of Rmoney is not much, I'm glad he lost. My sympathy goes out to you on the fact that you can't stand your man lost...try to pick someone with a chance of winning next time, and you won't be so upset. If coming up with thoughts of my own involves name calling such as you seem very good at, I'll stick to my own plans, cause I sure don't want to resemble you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chad Allen perrine? 2 min OMG 21
KSP Trooper Involved In Fatality On Ky 185 3 min Witness 8
miranda smith (Sep '10) 6 min awwwwwp 15
Rick Adams (Feb '13) 15 min Hey Dingle Berry 10
Inground Swimming Pool Builder (Jul '11) 46 min Screwed customer 77
what girl covers sun tattoo so she doesnt 54 min linkit 2
What jobs are available to people with a crimin... 1 hr stalk this 5
Slim Nash 15 hr andy 37

Bowling Green Jobs

More from around the web