Elementary schools
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wonderin

Bowling Green, KY

#1 Jun 29, 2010
Which elementary schools would you suggest we try to move in the area of? Which ones should we avoid? I have one starting kindergarten and one that will be in 4th g.
Momto3

Newark, NJ

#2 Jun 30, 2010
Are you looking for city or county schools?

In the city, McNeill and Potter Gray are good- although it seems to be the kids more
than the teachers. TC Cherry is more creative and flexible when meeting students' needs.

In county, Cumberland Trace has a principal who has earned several awards as well as teachers- mostly in serving gifted children. Briarwood also seems to be well respected.

Depends on what your children need.
supermom

Canton, OH

#3 Jun 30, 2010
Natcher is great my daughter went there and has never had one problem with either a teacher or a student...they are great with making sure that they diffuse things before they get started!! Very important at that age I think
You Know It

Alliance, OH

#4 Jun 30, 2010
Richardsville Elementary is a really great school. The staff are hands on and great with the students.
Momma

AOL

#5 Jun 30, 2010
My kids go to Bristow. The new principal is great and my kiddos can not wait to go to thier new eco friendly school.
quit begging for money

Bowling Green, KY

#6 Jun 30, 2010
Richardsville Elem is not a great school.If you don't have a relative that works there, your kids will not have a chance. Seems to be one teacher that is the Bully for all the other teachers to report to.....principal never addresses the teacher's conduct, just backs the teachers. I definately would not recomend this school. I had hoped it would get better after the first year my kid went there, but it certainly did not. I have never seen a school staff act like they don't even like students. (there were probably 2 that I would say are not like the majority )
My2cents

Bowling Green, KY

#7 Jun 30, 2010
I would say its worth looking into North Warren in Smiths Grove. Its a great school with great test scores and the community is quite and a nice place to raise kids.
ladonna

Canton, OH

#8 Jun 30, 2010
what abt alvaton is that a good school my boy is abt to beoing into kindergarten im sooo happy but i wanna make the right choice for him i want him to be focused as well as his teachers...
ladonna

Canton, OH

#9 Jun 30, 2010
going my bad lol seems like i may need to be going lol
Warren ele

Bowling Green, KY

#10 Jun 30, 2010
Is this a good school? What are the students like?
You Know It

Alliance, OH

#11 Jun 30, 2010
Just because you have an issue with Richardsville Elem. doesn't mean we all do. My son is going into his 6th year there and my oldest daughter is going into her 3rd year there and they love it and so do me and my husband. We don't have relatives there and our children are treated good. My husband and myself volunteer there and we see children in trouble, but usually for some reason. We volunteer there by choice because we like the school and most of the staff. Yes there are some teachers there that so favorties, but unfortunaly that's everywhere. As for Mr. Twyman, he is a great principal.
bystander

Bowling Green, KY

#12 Jul 1, 2010
I agree..I wouldn't refer to Richardsville Elementary as a school that I would send my children too. I have not been blessed with my own children, but do hear numerous complaints from neighbors that have kids in that school. From what I understand, there are alot of relatives or people that "know people" there. This is probably why I hear alot of favortism when I hear people speaking of this school. As for the lady and her husband that volunteer there; I say keep on volunteering and you more than likely will be ok. I'm sure if more parents had the opportunity to volunteer, their kids would be treated better. But if you are not fortunate enough to leave work for the volunteer time, I say find another school if possible.
Warren elementary

Bowling Green, KY

#13 Jul 1, 2010
Is Warren elementary a good school?
Nope

Houston, TX

#14 Jul 1, 2010
I do not recommend Warren elementary. They are not organized at all. I pulled my children from there. There is 26 nationalities and their main focus is the foreign students!
ha ha

Bowling Green, KY

#15 Jul 1, 2010
Warren elementary wrote:
Is Warren elementary a good school?
NO it is NOT. You can go to greatschools.net and compare test scores. They are WAY below the other schools here.Not to mention the principal was caught touching a female child.
We live in Warren Elementary district and I homeschool to keep my child from going there. If the school system would allow my son to go to a different school in the district I would drive him there. But, they informed me that they have SO MANY parents refusing to send their children there, that they can't allow people to keep transferring out. I have a neighbor that is a teacher there and they are selling their house so that their child doesn't have to attend there in two years. That's how bad it is, they are selling their home. My other neighbor drives her children to Auburn for school everyday just to keep them out of Warren Elementary.
ha ha

Covington, KY

#16 Jul 1, 2010
do what
Schools

Canton, OH

#17 Jul 2, 2010
I would choose Cumberland Trace, there all about their students,not your back-ground or how much money is in your pocket along with great test scores and have received many awards!!!
WouldntUlikeToKn ow

Mount Juliet, TN

#18 Aug 28, 2010
Potter-Gray
confused

United States

#19 Aug 28, 2010
My children go to Warren Elementary and they love it! Most parents who don't send their children there are just afraid of what others may think of them. When in the end the kids don't care if their parents have a 3000 square foot house or if they have luxury cars to drive. As long as the children get a good education, are around good kids, and feel cared about, that's all that really matters. Because the general consensus is that the kids are really nice at Warren elem. The teachers are awesome! As for Mr. Shelton, that whole deal got thrown way out! He was a good person, some family took advantage of a stupid incident. But we'll move on and be just fine with Mr. Porter.

I would love for my children to be at Natcher or Rich Pond for the simple fact that they have parent involvement! Warren Elementary doesn't have good parent involvement at all!

On that note, I don't think its fair how they "cut" up the lines for warren elementary! This school used to be the it school, several years ago might I add. Now its stereo-typed as the worst school. Mostly for its diversity. And its not fair that warren elementary is prettt much a city school, most of the kids live in city limits.

We desperatley need redistricting!!!! 4th grade is in trailers now, we are busting at the seams with over 800 kids now. I wish parents would stand up to the school board and make them make a change for us in this district! If they did really know how many people in Warren Elem district that send their children to other schools, they would be amazed at the numbers!

But until then, my kids will stay put!
Parent of two

Bowling Green, KY

#20 Aug 28, 2010
Avoid Warren County schools and get in a Bowling Green city school. BG has a great superintendent, and it filters down from there. Warren County's superintendent is clueless and in it for himself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Chris Allen chasing tornadoes? 2 min Harry Baulsache 2
willoughby pipe may 23 min just wondering 1
brian rose 58 min Why 18
Song Title Game (Feb '12) 3 hr Analog man 1,811
bagshaw obsessed 4 hr for real tho 24
Be Free 4 hr uncover 4
Christina Spears Will Do Anything For Dope 6 hr greenwood 99 93
More from around the web

Bowling Green People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE