First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Danno

Glasgow, KY

#1 Sep 23, 2012
Anybody got any suggestions for one in b.g.? Thanks.
married bg

Canton, OH

#2 Sep 23, 2012
good-cheap is an oxymoron, a contridiction in terms,
like jumbo-shrimp, postal-service, drunk-driver
it's $2,000+ no matter who you use.
f^cked up, how's that feel..?
hahahaha

Lafayette, LA

#3 Sep 23, 2012
i've always been told, you do the crime, you do the time. theres really not anything you can do. DUI offenses cannot be lessened by having a lawyer. shouldve had a DD you dummy
fyi

Scottsville, KY

#4 Sep 23, 2012
old man potter told me to fight mine, was a waste of money, mine was right when the law changed. That was around 14 or 15 years ago....my father's attorney was sam potter at the time...at any rate..just suck it up...take the third offer...do your 30 day suspension and right now sign up and start doing you 6 week dui course (the fast one) so you can hopefully not make the same mistake twice. Hopefully you learn from your lesson...you could have killed someone or yourself...
Blah Blah Blah

Bowling Green, KY

#6 Sep 23, 2012
Alan Simpson
Boob

Bowling Green, KY

#7 Sep 24, 2012
Alan Simpson has had the most success. But I was foreman of the jury that convicted one of his clients. If you blew a high number it's best to take the class. Unless this is your second offense or more.
Blah Blah Blah

Bowling Green, KY

#8 Sep 24, 2012
Boob wrote:
Alan Simpson has had the most success. But I was foreman of the jury that convicted one of his clients. If you blew a high number it's best to take the class. Unless this is your second offense or more.
I agree. People on a jury aren't going to be sympathetic toward a DUI. We all know someone who has been killed by a drunk driver. If you've refused a breath-a-lizer, a jury will assume you were hiding the fact that you're drunk.

Alan Simpson is the best DUI attorney in town, but most of his cases are settled before court. Basically, he just makes sure you're not going to jail.
Danno

Glasgow, KY

#9 Sep 24, 2012
Boob wrote:
Alan Simpson has had the most success. But I was foreman of the jury that convicted one of his clients. If you blew a high number it's best to take the class. Unless this is your second offense or more.
I blew a .074. Officer wrote on ticket observation began at 0011. I guess he was talking about BAC since he gave me the roadside breathalizer around midnight. The reading at the police station that went on my citation says I blew a .074. He never even told me why I was pulled over. Only charge is operating under the influence on my citation. I am over 21 years of age. He even has the date scribbled out and marked on my citation. As far as the walk the line, raise your foot 6 inches and count to 10 and follow my pen with your eyes, I passed all those. A park ranger at mammoth cave was the arresting officer. Not sure if he had a camera or not. If so, looks like they ckuld see I was fully cooperative and not physically drunk. Believe me, I am against driving drunk but I believe I had everything under control. Thanks for all the responses and information everyone.
Blah Blah Blah

Bowling Green, KY

#10 Sep 24, 2012
Danno wrote:
<quoted text>I blew a .074. Officer wrote on ticket observation began at 0011. I guess he was talking about BAC since he gave me the roadside breathalizer around midnight. The reading at the police station that went on my citation says I blew a .074. He never even told me why I was pulled over. Only charge is operating under the influence on my citation. I am over 21 years of age. He even has the date scribbled out and marked on my citation. As far as the walk the line, raise your foot 6 inches and count to 10 and follow my pen with your eyes, I passed all those. A park ranger at mammoth cave was the arresting officer. Not sure if he had a camera or not. If so, looks like they ckuld see I was fully cooperative and not physically drunk. Believe me, I am against driving drunk but I believe I had everything under control. Thanks for all the responses and information everyone.
Yep! You need Alan Simpson.
Danno

Glasgow, KY

#11 Sep 24, 2012
Blah Blah Blah wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep! You need Alan Simpson.
Thank you. I will find his number and give him a call.
What

Sarasota, FL

#12 Sep 24, 2012
You need to learn what a cab or a couch is.
Blah Blah Blah

Bowling Green, KY

#13 Sep 24, 2012
What wrote:
You need to learn what a cab or a couch is.
He blew under the legal limit, which is virtually just a swig of alcohol in his system.
very true

Scottsville, KY

#14 Sep 24, 2012
that is under the limit... you shouldn't have to go all out, the fact of the matter is, it is .08, not .074..he should not have ever put you in his vehicle with that reading, or processed you.
Dos Equis

Bowling Green, KY

#15 Sep 25, 2012
You can beat this rap. They never should have arrested you. Get Alan Simpson. It's all in the numbers.
maybe maybe not

Bowling Green, KY

#16 Sep 25, 2012
Danno wrote:
<quoted text>I blew a .074. Officer wrote on ticket observation began at 0011. I guess he was talking about BAC since he gave me the roadside breathalizer around midnight. The reading at the police station that went on my citation says I blew a .074. He never even told me why I was pulled over. Only charge is operating under the influence on my citation. I am over 21 years of age. He even has the date scribbled out and marked on my citation. As far as the walk the line, raise your foot 6 inches and count to 10 and follow my pen with your eyes, I passed all those. A park ranger at mammoth cave was the arresting officer. Not sure if he had a camera or not. If so, looks like they ckuld see I was fully cooperative and not physically drunk. Believe me, I am against driving drunk but I believe I had everything under control. Thanks for all the responses and information everyone.
Did he take you for a blood test? If so, he thought you were on something else and the BA doesn't matter.

How old are you? Under 21?

The observation time is supposed to begin at the jail. Were you there?

Did he tell you what the roadside breathalyzer said? It may have said you were over the limit and you went down by the time of the BA.

Knowing why you were pulled over is definitely important since that could effect why he thought you were intoxicated.

This isn't always the case but I've been told that DUIs who blow under .08 are typically dropped or amended to reckless driving.

It's up to you but I'd see what the county's offer is before blowing a ton of money on an attorney.
not true

Bowling Green, KY

#17 Sep 25, 2012
very true wrote:
that is under the limit... you shouldn't have to go all out, the fact of the matter is, it is .08, not .074..he should not have ever put you in his vehicle with that reading, or processed you.
Not true.

If the officer thought drugs were also involved, that reading doesn't matter.

If the person is under 21, reading doesn't matter.

If the pre-stop driving was truly horrendous, the reading doesn't matter.

What if the roadside breathalyzer was .082 and by the time the actual BA was taken, the person had dropped to the .074? Roadside instrument is not admissible in court.
true

Scottsville, KY

#18 Sep 25, 2012
not true wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true.
If the officer thought drugs were also involved, that reading doesn't matter.
If the person is under 21, reading doesn't matter.
If the pre-stop driving was truly horrendous, the reading doesn't matter.
What if the roadside breathalyzer was .082 and by the time the actual BA was taken, the person had dropped to the .074? Roadside instrument is not admissible in court.
if roadside is less than .08 it is a different story, even if it is not submissable. I was in the car with someone this happened to. Two drinks with dinner, but they weren't hammered and did beat it. Without an expensive attorney btw. Every situation is different.
true

Scottsville, KY

#19 Sep 25, 2012
he plainly stated he blew the .074 on the street
true

Scottsville, KY

#20 Sep 25, 2012
as well as he was over 21 and I know for a fact those rangers up there tend to be feisty about that...fight it, I really think you actually stand a chance with it.
Danno

Glasgow, KY

#21 Sep 25, 2012
true wrote:
he plainly stated he blew the .074 on the street
I am not sure what I blew on the roadside test. I asked him and was just told I was over the limit. I blew the .074 at the police station. Are the roadside tests considered accurate? Like I said, I was very cooperative and truthful with him. I did not deny taking any of the tests. If I thought I would have blown over a .08 I would never have been driving. This has me very stressed out thinking I might lose a very good job over this. I have learned even if I have one beer I might as well stay the night where I am at. The risk is not worth it. Once again, thanks for all of the responses. I like the positive attitude responses but the negative responses make me realize how bad it could possibly be. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
she's cheating 15 min who 2
City Schools leaders 49 min IHCC 16
sun products 2 hr Deliverance 87
Stephanie jones Fleming (Oct '13) 2 hr bowling green thu... 4
bishop (Apr '13) 2 hr bowling green thu... 12
Feel sorry for you girls dating Blacks (Aug '13) 2 hr Chris 19
Sam (Jul '12) 3 hr Garyeyes 3
Bowling Green Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Bowling Green People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:54 am PST

NBC Sports 8:54AM
Andy Dalton replaces Aaron Rodgers on Pro Bowl roster
Yahoo! Sports 9:39 AM
Dalton to replace Rodgers for Pro Bowl
NFL10:12 AM
Andy Dalton added to Pro Bowl roster
NBC Sports12:57 PM
Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton headed to his 2nd Pro Bowl
NBC Sports 3:15 AM
Marvin Lewis on Andy Dalton: We don't have time to waste on QB competition