Best Doctor to Perform a Circumcision...

Best Doctor to Perform a Circumcision on My Son.

Posted in the Bowling Green Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
A Mother

Crothersville, IN

#1 Jan 10, 2011
I am getting remarried to man who is Jewish and he has insisted that my son get a circumcision because I did not have that done when he was born. My husband wants a rabbi to do the procedure but I talked him into letting me have a medical professional to do it. My son is 12 years old and I am worried about the pain he will have so I need the best!
Beekeeper

Glasgow, KY

#2 Jan 10, 2011
Just curious, what does the son have to say about it?
Does he have a choice? If not you are one pathetic parent....
wtf

United States

#3 Jan 10, 2011
Are you seriously on topix searching for someone to cut off the tip of your sons penis??!! Wow. If you find one let me know I been looking to shave a couple inches off myself.
Wow

Pflugerville, TX

#4 Jan 10, 2011
Why does this man have the right to tell your son anything? So what he's Jewish I think your a horrible mother and pathetic to let this man dictate his bullshit agenda.
A Mother

Crothersville, IN

#5 Jan 10, 2011
Beekeeper wrote:
Just curious, what does the son have to say about it?
Does he have a choice? If not you are one pathetic parent....
I am his mother and he is minor, so no he does not have a choice in the matter.
A Mother

Crothersville, IN

#6 Jan 10, 2011
Wow wrote:
Why does this man have the right to tell your son anything? So what he's Jewish I think your a horrible mother and pathetic to let this man dictate his bullshit agenda.
He is not telling my son anything. I am making this decision. Nobody and I mean NOBODY!!! tells me how to raise my children.

“Don't Feed the Trolls”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#7 Jan 10, 2011
A Mother wrote:
<quoted text>
I am his mother and he is minor, so no he does not have a choice in the matter.
Be prepared for him to hate you. That is a terrible view! Your child has rights, in all due respect. I'm sure he would respect you more if you talked to him about it. Be a woman. Stand up. My elders did not fight for equality for women to be like this.
madman

Greensburg, KY

#8 Jan 10, 2011
at the age of 12, your son should have a say in this... If it wasn't a problem when he was born, I wouldn't think it's an issue now...
A Mother

Crothersville, IN

#9 Jan 10, 2011
madman wrote:
at the age of 12, your son should have a say in this... If it wasn't a problem when he was born, I wouldn't think it's an issue now...
It's a problem now because I am marrying a Jewish man and I am converting to Judaism. Again, a 12 year old does not make health decisions, his parents (ME) do.
joe

Bowling Green, KY

#10 Jan 10, 2011
You son is not a jew becasue he was not born to a jewish women. He should not have to undergo this surgery (mutilation) just because his new father askes him to do so. Wait until the boy is 18 and then let him make that decision himself. jews tend to be very pushy and ridgid when it comes to this stuff. I lived most of my early years in a jewish section in CT and could tell some whoppers about these folks. Good luck - just be prepared to never feel like you are accepted into the flock. Remember your not one of them and they will make that known.
yes yes

Floyds Knobs, IN

#12 Jan 11, 2011
A circumcised penis is less likely to get bacterial infections rather than the other. My cousin had to get her 7 year old circumsized because he got a bacterial infection and was in pain. And after surgery her son was in awful pain for a day or two. Especially when he had to urinate. I don't know who the dr was or any doctors that perform this. I honestly don't trust bowling green at all UNLESS it's for band aid injury. Anything vital or any surgeries, I go to Vanderbilt. That's where my son was born!!!:-)
disgusted

London, KY

#13 Jan 11, 2011
Why should your son have to go through pain because of your decision. You are a horrible mother and a very selfish human being. It was not your son's choice for you to convert to judaism, so therefore, he should not have to suffer the consequenses. That is absurd.
Short tip

Tomball, TX

#14 Jan 11, 2011
Sounds like the man you are marring is to nosey. How did he know your son wasn't circumcised? He may be weird! I say let the boy decide. The fore skin with a little persuasion will right itself, believe me I know!
funny girl

United States

#15 Jan 11, 2011
A Mother wrote:
<quoted text>
He is not telling my son anything. I am making this decision. Nobody and I mean NOBODY!!! tells me how to raise my children.
no you have already made your decision 12 years ago,now this is your new husbands decision. I haven't read one comment on anyone telling you how to raise your child only that we (readers) seem to have more concerns for your son than you do... I personaly think you are making a mistake he is old enough to understand what religion to worship and the consenquences that follow. So if you want to respond with another smart comment I am ready. Need I remind you this is a forum you started this now deal wih it.
Shadowboxer

United States

#16 Jan 11, 2011
It doesn't sound like. You are comfortable with this decision you said he is "insisting" that your sin have this done. You or he will never really be Jewish but you need to discuss this with your son and his dr will recommend someone to you. My father had to have it done when he was 58 because of infection, it was extremely painful to him for a couple of weeks, it truely should be your sons decision
Dr Feelgood

Evansville, IN

#17 Jan 11, 2011
I'll do it for $20 if I can keep the foreskin..... I'm making a soup....
Actually

Nashville, TN

#18 Jan 11, 2011
The long term health issues from not being circumcised can have extended problems. He will be more likely to pass infections on to any partners later in life. You should have done the right thing when he was born and done it then. Now at 12, he should have a big part in any decision that affects his own body. All the information pertaining to circumcision should be given to him and let him make the choice since you failed when you had yours. The new jewish husband doesn't have a dog in this hunt. He should stay out of it.
Seriously

Bowling Green, KY

#19 Jan 11, 2011
OMG! This is ridiculous! Don't do it!!!
Your son should not have to suffer just because you have brought someone new into your life.
A Mother

Crothersville, IN

#20 Jan 11, 2011
I want to thank the few who actually answered the question. My son will have the procedure next week in Nashville.

To everyone else. Raise your own kids, not mine.
its going to be bad

Evansville, IN

#21 Jan 11, 2011
Kids are bad enough when they become teenagers but this woman is going to be in for a living hell though.

Also, the child is old enough to object to this surgery. She'll find out when they get down there and the boy tells the doctors no.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Retarded Neighbor's 4 min innocent animal 9
Single woman who enjoy bondage? 13 min sub 11
CHILD SUPPORT taken from tax refund (Jan '12) 40 min sonnip 223
Dentist 1 hr Looking 1
Drug addict predator around hot rods stadium (Aug '16) 1 hr correct 5
Clark Beverage group employment 1 hr The Warden 2
School Principal that drowned his mistress abou... 2 hr former student 6

Bowling Green Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance