Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,633

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Imposter

Baku, Azerbaijan

#69151 Sep 7, 2012
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Meth must be a powerful drug.
I got no use for fake imposters don't make me come over there. If I do youll live a new human experience. The element of error castrating you mind from control of motor skills, resulting from icepick in your ear labotomy will leave you to starve to death.
Master physical controllers contracted from Bangkok will put you on a Vietnamese menu.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#69152 Sep 7, 2012
this is an old topic
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#69153 Sep 8, 2012
Trolls were rather quiet overnight. I guess the threat of torrential rains scared most of them back into the caves, under the bridges, and into their shacks. Who knows? Maybe with a bit of luck, some even got floods or high winds.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#69154 Sep 8, 2012
Good Morning
I hope everyone stayed safe and dry last night. Cooler temps moving in this weekend, getting close to my favorite time of year
look

Wooton, KY

#69155 Sep 8, 2012
at the earth quake in china.80 killed 700 hurt.damage not known yet.that was a 5.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#69156 Sep 8, 2012
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>
I got no use for fake imposters don't make me come over there. If I do youll live a new human experience. The element of error castrating you mind from control of motor skills, resulting from icepick in your ear labotomy will leave you to starve to death.
Master physical controllers contracted from Bangkok will put you on a Vietnamese menu.
I spell it imposter, not impostor you silly ass fool. That makes you the imposter impostor.
I stacked zipperheads five high for sandbags and giggles moron, no one is afraid of them little yellow freaks, or your silly ass.

BTW- proxy servers are for amateurs and cowards...
haha

Hyden, KY

#69157 Sep 8, 2012
look wrote:
at the earth quake in china.80 killed 700 hurt.damage not known yet.that was a 5.
I know, I saw that..lots of earthquakes..

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#69158 Sep 8, 2012
Miss E Font wrote:
Good Morning
I hope everyone stayed safe and dry last night. Cooler temps moving in this weekend, getting close to my favorite time of year
I am looking forward to the fall weather. Looks like so are my red birds. They didn't care for the rain last night though. I tried to sleep, but with the rain and storms, I now have a headache. Ugh.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#69159 Sep 8, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>I am looking forward to the fall weather. Looks like so are my red birds. They didn't care for the rain last night though. I tried to sleep, but with the rain and storms, I now have a headache. Ugh.
I was sitting in my covered swing yesterday and a red bird came and sat with me for a few minutes before it flew away. I thought that was neat.

Location hidden

#69160 Sep 8, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>I am looking forward to the fall weather. Looks like so are my red birds. They didn't care for the rain last night though. I tried to sleep, but with the rain and storms, I now have a headache. Ugh.
I had a few flower pots turned over and the birds are dining picnic style this morning since the bird feeders took a beating from the storms.
sphinnxx

Mayfield, KY

#69161 Sep 8, 2012
auto deface YOU this this. union this union is is taught
it's BEEN taught. its taught what. wrought
this. HIT rot this sphinx,
fair minx of BY loss i toss
turn tumble auto A deface from place
to space my SMOOTH own this. race in case. my face defaced this place
i. apologize
my. apollo flys my wisdom. dies my soul now scrys
soothsayer beginnings space stations are. rigging to deface this place of my TERMINAL somewhat face
turn tumble
rip tear and shred
the dread
of my ending face
you've veen hit vvverry
so soft
so soft
when you just read the maps
that i've put in caps
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#69162 Sep 8, 2012
sphinnxx wrote:
i. apologize
soothsayer beginnings space stations are. rigging to deface this place of my TERMINAL somewhat face
turn tumble
rip tear and shred
the dread
of my ending face
you've veen hit vvverry
so soft
so soft
that i've put in caps
Meth must be a very powerful drug.

Location hidden

#69163 Sep 8, 2012
sphinnxx wrote:
i. apologize
turn tumble
rip tear and shred
the dread
of my ending face
you've veen hit vvverry
so soft
so soft
that i've put in caps
Sphinchter ? Is that you
No Bull

United States

#69164 Sep 8, 2012
Won't you all go to live on mars so you won't be stealing our air.
Astrogator

United States

#69165 Sep 8, 2012
They were religious events first. The Aztecs believed that their gods got their sustenance from human sacrifice; and one of the basic duties of Religion is caring for your gods. The most important of these sacrifices were carried out during the 18 monthly festivals of the Solar Year. One of these, to give you an example, was the Tlacaxipehualiztli, the Festival of the Flaying of Men, celebrated at spring equinox before the rainy season, one of the most brutal and complex. We know about it thanks to the notes of the Spanish monk Bernardino de Sahagun, who in the 16th century interviewed old Aztec men who were still alive in pre-spanish Mexico and recounted how this festival was held in the Aztec capital:

40 days (or maybe even a year) before the festival, a captive (from war) was designated to impersonate the god Xipe Totec (Our Flayed Lord), and he was celebrated in public as living image of the God until the Festival. He was taught courtly manners, walking about the city playing a flute, smoking tobacco and being praised by the people and the Tlatoani (the leader). He was even wed to four young maidens representing goddesses. There were similar representants for other important gods (Tonatiuh, Huitzilopochtli, Quetzalcoatl, Chililico and so forth). These slaves-gods were to be sacrificed on the main pyramid by cutting out the heart. There were six sacrifice-priests who cut open the slaves breast with an Obsidian knife and then cut out the heart. After that, the corpses were rolled down the pyramids stairs. The corpses were then flayed and their flesh given to important Aztecs. Moteuczuma would have gotten the best part, the femur. The flesh was then eaten.

Other captives would be clothed in the skin of the flayed corpses and adorned with the ornaments those killed earlier wore as "gods". They were paraded through the city by their captors, and finally, on the next day, fought in mock combat against Eagle- or Jaguar-wariors (they only had a mock sword with feathers instead of obsidian). Once the captive was beaten down, he was sacrificed by a priest wearing the vestments of Xipe Totec. His heart and blood from his chest was then presented to the sun. The captor would take that blood, and walk around the city to the statues of the gods, feeding them by painting their lips with blood.

The captives corpse was then brought to his captors house, flayed, and cut up, his flesh given away and eaten. However, there was a special link between captor and captive, and the captor wouldn't eat of the flesh of his captive. Poor or sick people would walk through the streets, wearing the skins of the sacrificed, begging. For twenty days, the priests, too, would wear the flayed skins, often adorned with gold and feathers, until the next festival (Tozoztli) approached. The skins were then stored in special containers in a cave in the Xipe-Totec temple.

There were certainly festival-like elements, but the main events were very ritualized and everyone involved hat a part to play and knew what to do. Even the captives were probably not struggling against their fate, but from what I've read, walked to the place of their sacrifice willingly, and played their part in the choreography. The religious part was the most important. The gods needed to be fed.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#69166 Sep 8, 2012
No Bull wrote:
Won't you all go to live on mars so you won't be stealing our air.
I prefer Milky Way or Snickers
kevin

Bowie, MD

#69167 Sep 8, 2012
I refuse to accept that Mr. Ed was not actually talking.

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#69168 Sep 8, 2012
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my! It appears several posters on here are intent on taste testing your scrotum jewels. It probably is the closet dwellers. Remember when I showed you the new sign in front of the Bates Motel when we were out and it said "Big Blue's Ball swabbing Services"? This must be his interns.
They are just brown nosing (literally) their new boss Blue.
Well you are quite the foul minded beech.

Not much to post this mornin. However, it would normally be shocking to read something like that posted by one that claims to be a woman. Now roaminutjob is joining uniqueer in posting smut here.

Funny, normally her smut involves telling other women something about their "coochie" is the word she likes to use.

The new boss line? WTH is that? A man says hey to cyberfriends, and discusses issues and topics of interest, and you call him the boss.
What does that mean?

One thing for certain, I can look back over the thread and see who dreams of being a tramp. Of course that is only wishful thinking on your part. Hideous creatures such as yourself never had much of a chance to do any tramping.

Some things, most men just won't do.
Imposter

London, KY

#69169 Sep 8, 2012
kevin wrote:
I refuse to accept that Mr. Ed was not actually talking.
Answer the question Kev, were you the Indian chief or the construction worker?
Imposter

London, KY

#69170 Sep 8, 2012
Plans don't go the way you anticipate today, but it's nothing to worry about - unexpected birds will turn out to be great fun. Someone might invite you to bird something on the spur of the moment and it would be a shame if you had to turn them down. You might also make a bird contact, in which case this bird will be a tremendous bird.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Bowling Green Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 5 min Another Vet 4,610
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min Limbertwig 153,227
Cleaning lady 16 min Aubrey 13
no truck loads in bowling green ky area 47 min hotrod 16
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 48 min really 26,271
Greenview or Medical Center ??? (Feb '12) 1 hr med center hater 71
David Garvin Commit Suicide ? 1 hr Honor 5
WTH was going on at Walmart Morgantown rd 20 hr Robert 38
•••
•••
•••

Bowling Green Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••