Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81765 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#68589 Sep 2, 2012
Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar I've had you crying more than once. One of your neighbors mentioned you sat and raved about the Miner for an hour one day.
And you were not even on Topix. And I didn't call you a buffalo. I said you have a buffalo head and @$$. I'm not sure anyone knows what to classify everything in between
None of my "neighbors" sit and talk to me about THIS, so that's another lie. Nor have I ever mentioned YOU. You must have an ego the size of your ass, it's pretty stinky right now. I don't talk about topix at all. Work OR home.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#68590 Sep 2, 2012
Blueminers Mommy wrote:
Oh what to do? Blue keeps wanting me to buy him a baby lamb one still nursing and no teeth.
What is that boy up to? If only I could get him out of my house before I lose my mind
Oh Lord!! LMFAO!
Satan

Chicago, IL

#68591 Sep 2, 2012
its me, i killed those birds. just wait until Dec. 21, of this year. you're all next!

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#68592 Sep 2, 2012
Satan wrote:
its me, i killed those birds. just wait until Dec. 21, of this year. you're all next!
Yay! We're next!
me

Louisville, KY

#68594 Sep 2, 2012
Yuk
Gustavo

Mayfield, KY

#68595 Sep 2, 2012
Did your auto-soul ring briefly in harmony with the celestial matrix? Did that experience of complete tonality result in an orthographical artifact? Please deposit said artifacts here for safe disposal.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#68596 Sep 2, 2012
Hmm, that was odd.

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#68597 Sep 2, 2012
RoachClip wrote:
<quoted text>
The poor fool thinks my avatar is a "picture" of Jesus,, like he walked into the Olan Mills and had it taken. Strange, I don't recall a single word descriptive word on how Jesus looked. Unthing needs a three year old to read it to him more often.
So, uni thinks Jesus is a tye dye pot smoking Grateful Dead fan or something? That might explain why he is at odds with so many churches.

Since: Sep 11

Cave by big rock

#68598 Sep 2, 2012
Satan wrote:
Just take Bluewhiner nobody will miss him. I'm sure he's on your list.

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#68599 Sep 2, 2012
Gustavo wrote:
Did your auto-soul ring briefly in harmony with the celestial matrix? Did that experience of complete tonality result in an orthographical artifact? Please deposit said artifacts here for safe disposal.
Very Interesting!

Milky Way still rings like a bell after cosmic crash
Posted on June 29, 2012 - 08:28 by Kate Taylor

Our galaxy is still reverberating from a strike by a small galaxy or massive dark matter structure.

Scientists studying observations of 300,000 nearby Milky Way stars by the Sloan Digital Sky Survey (SDSS) found that those in its main disk move up and down at about 20 to 30 kilometers per second, while orbiting the center of the galaxy ten times faster.

"We clearly observe unexpected differences in the Milky Way's stellar distribution above and below the galaxy's mid-plane having the appearance of a vertical wave - something that nobody has seen before," says Queen's University physicist Larry Widrow.

The researchers haven't been able to identify what hit us. It could have been one of the small satellite galaxies that move around the center of our galaxy, or an invisible structure such as a dark matter halo.

It might not have been a single isolated event in the past - and may even be ongoing.

There are known to be at least 20 visible satellite galaxies that circle the center of the Milky Way, ranging in size from one million to one billion solar masses.

http://www.tgdaily.com/space-features/64385-m...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#68600 Sep 2, 2012
Gustavo wrote:
I am not parting with my beloved dual vibrating pulsating scorpion vibrator! I'm a single lady and if Blueminer is indicative of the available man-pool, I'll need it. I hear Blueminer has a well used Blueberry pocket tush he has nicknamed Bubba. He might part with that? I hear his mommy is buying him a lamby

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#68601 Sep 2, 2012
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not parting with my beloved dual vibrating pulsating scorpion vibrator! I'm a single lady and if Blueminer is indicative of the available man-pool, I'll need it. I hear Blueminer has a well used Blueberry pocket tush he has nicknamed Bubba. He might part with that? I hear his mommy is buying him a lamby
ROFL!! Oh MY!
Gustavo

Mayfield, KY

#68602 Sep 2, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Hmm, that was odd.
Oh freddled gruntbuggly thy micturations are to me As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee. Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles, Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!

Location hidden

#68603 Sep 2, 2012
THE PRIMATE wrote:
<quoted text>Just take Bluewhiner nobody will miss him. I'm sure he's on your list.
Even the bowels of hell with it's brimstone and hellfire would belch his disgusting body out. I just had a southpark the movie flashback---
tinponyrider

Scottsville, KY

#68604 Sep 2, 2012
Definitely wrote:
<quoted text>
one of the biggest loser minions of the una crew from Scottsville. You have your nose so far up that una butt you make less and less sense with your babble. I feed my family by working two jobs, are you a paid troll? I don't drink but obviously half of what you lowlife hicks do and laughing at you idiots even more. Now get that laughing ass back on your three wheeler and go try to impress your ho's you drag from thread to thread with.
LMFAO at you. Yea got my troll check in the mail last week, and a nice one it was. And ain't got no ho's. And do you know Farterman, cause I don't personally know him? So you do drink? Still LMFAO at you.....

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#68605 Sep 2, 2012
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh freddled gruntbuggly thy micturations are to me As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee. Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles, Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!
Still odd. Did you have too much FIBER this morning? Seems like it.

Location hidden

#68606 Sep 2, 2012
Gustavo wrote:
<quoted text>Oh freddled gruntbuggly thy micturations are to me As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee. Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles, Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!
Grooping and bindlewurdles? Now we are talking! Crinkly bindlewurdles? Might try some spray and wash on the underwear crotch area...clitty litter debris?
Nihilist

Mayfield, KY

#68607 Sep 2, 2012
There seem to be two camps of general Nihilism - one closer to absurdism, one closer to existentialism. There's also the idea that everything is futile and nothing matters. That is not philosophy. That is pop caricature fatalism, and fortunately it describes itself (it is goddamn useless). Such a conception of nihilism is also used synonymously with "people being goddamn depressed and witless, and having lost their motivating ideas;" when Nietzsche uses 'nihilism' to mean a bad thing (this particular author uses the word very inconsistently), he means the latter. If you ever think something that is pointless, stop that. If your version of nihilism is useless, go on to something else.
Important question: What on earth have you been reading?
I think every 'nihilist' should at least know what existentialism is, because many of the great interpretations of nihilism resemble it. No disrespect, but as you're 13, I'm going to assume you don't know anything. Existentialism is the idea that "existence precedes essence," ie, that one is born without a purpose. Under this kind of thinking, if you're going to get a purpose, you're definitely going to acquire it. And your purpose need not be permanent. But psychologically, people do badly without a sense of purpose, so you should go ahead and get one. There are lots of things to give one to you - authority figures, belief systems, responsibilities - but with existentialism you can realize that you're not bound up in a commitment to one particular purpose, and if you don't like it you can change. So if you take your nihilism to mean something close to this, your nihilism becomes very empowering. It is in your interest to avoid any ideology that is overly arresting or disempowering.
My personal take on nihilism, as a self-described nihilist, starts off as an observation. I'm not a 'general' nihilist, in that I don't actively apply nihilism to everything; instead, the focus of my nihilism is moral nihilism. I do not see morality as something I need to cling to. Thus I am freed from many restrictions. Having made that observation, I have a decision to make about my behavior. I decide to be nice, and diplomatic. This is behavior that appears moral in many cases, but is always focused on empowering the individual. So what has happened here is that a restricting way of thinking has been replaced with an empowering way of thinking.
So yes, you've observed that you need not cling to certain things. This does not mean that nothing matters. Things just don't matter absolutely, say, to the universe. But you are not a universe. You are a sentient (presumably), a human. And you can make and decide meaning for yourself, or adopt existing conventions as convenient. Please do not see nihilism as meaning-destroying; you are wasting an idea with great potential. See it as meaning-liberating. But you are 13; there are only so many things you know about to decide (unless you are a genius, but from the OP, you are probably not). Take it one step at a time.
swimtrampie

United States

#68608 Sep 2, 2012
People always told me," you are what you eat." Now I'm a Popsicle and it's hot outside.

Location hidden

#68609 Sep 2, 2012
Nihilist wrote:
There seem to be two camps of general Nihilism - one closer to absurdism, one closer to existentialism. There's also the idea that everything is futile and nothing matters. That is not philosophy. That is pop caricature fatalism, and fortunately it describes itself (it is goddamn useless). Such a conception of nihilism is also used synonymously with "people being goddamn depressed and witless, and having lost their motivating ideas;" when Nietzsche uses 'nihilism' to mean a bad thing (this particular author uses the word very inconsistently), he means the latter. If you ever think something that is pointless, stop that. If your version of nihilism is useless, go on to something else.
Important question: What on earth have you been reading?
I think every 'nihilist' should at least know what existentialism is, because many of the great interpretations of nihilism resemble it. No disrespect, but as you're 13, I'm going to assume you don't know anything. Existentialism is the idea that "existence precedes essence," ie, that one is born without a purpose. Under this kind of thinking, if you're going to get a purpose, you're definitely going to acquire it. And your purpose need not be permanent. But psychologically, people do badly without a sense of purpose, so you should go ahead and get one. There are lots of things to give one to you - authority figures, belief systems, responsibilities - but with existentialism you can realize that you're not bound up in a commitment to one particular purpose, and if you don't like it you can change. So if you take your nihilism to mean something close to this, your nihilism becomes very empowering. It is in your interest to avoid any ideology that is overly arresting or disempowering.
My personal take on nihilism, as a self-described nihilist, starts off as an observation. I'm not a 'general' nihilist, in that I don't actively apply nihilism to everything; instead, the focus of my nihilism is moral nihilism. I do not see morality as something I need to cling to. Thus I am freed from many restrictions. Having made that observation, I have a decision to make about my behavior. I decide to be nice, and diplomatic. This is behavior that appears moral in many cases, but is always focused on empowering the individual. So what has happened here is that a restricting way of thinking has been replaced with an empowering way of thinking.
So yes, you've observed that you need not cling to certain things. This does not mean that nothing matters. Things just don't matter absolutely, say, to the universe. But you are not a universe. You are a sentient (presumably), a human. And you can make and decide meaning for yourself, or adopt existing conventions as convenient. Please do not see nihilism as meaning-destroying; you are wasting an idea with great potential. See it as meaning-liberating. But you are 13; there are only so many things you know about to decide (unless you are a genius, but from the OP, you are probably not). Take it one step at a time.
skepticism got you by the balls?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Single mother needs help for her kids 3 min Coat hanger 11
Crossland community church resignations 4 min The light 59
Anywhere in Bowling Green that still sells Spice? 11 min levi miller 5
Song Title Game (Feb '12) 34 min Dream Crystal 1,796
Khazar : Secret Ruling Empire of the World 45 min FACTS 2
Warren County and Hitcents Park Plaza 1 hr FACTS 134
Krista Mae Brown 1 hr yup 1
jackie bowles jr 3 hr Stupid head 65
Warren Central principal fired 8 hr concerned citizen 24
What in the world is going on at WBKO? 14 hr john jqcob 33