Man just shot near Clay Street by BGPD

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#62 Aug 12, 2012
non lethal wrote:
Looks to me like they could have used bean bag rounds or tased him or just shot him in the leg!but they chose MURDER! NO NO NO!
So lets say the suspect did have a gun behise his back. And the officer did not nothing becouse this man need some one to hold his hand and blow a rainbow up his rearend and sing happy songs. Shot and killed the officer. From what most of you are saying that would be ok. Becouse he needed help. So a dead police officer is alot better then a out of control person that may have had a gun.
Agen all that person had to do in comply with the police and not hold his hand behide his back. This person Killed himself useing the police officer... The officer picked him going home to his famley.
Guess what

Louisville, KY

#63 Aug 12, 2012
edawrd anderson wrote:
<quoted text>Another thing I love how you got your information because his brother was 40m miles away from him so how in the hell was he going to kill his brother. The BGPD was aware of his mental state and the BGPD also new that he was not a threat to anyone. Seems to me that some rookie cop s*** their pants because they only became a cop to act like they were somebody. The cop shot with the intent to kill as*hole. That is obvious. Until you know the past and the details that are true with this situation then you should keep your mouth shut. I do not wish this on any family. Mind your own business and let our family deal with the loss. Plus, if you have anything other smart a** ignorant comment to make then bring your stupid a** to edmonson county!! We loved him and we will defend him until the end, but we would admit when he was doing wrong. He told the officer that he needed help. The stupid cop thought that the only help that he could offer was to take his life. GEE serve and protect my a**!! Put ur name we will gladly speak to you about the true details, but oh wait you are gonna hide behind a computer and run your mouth about things that are by far the truth.
F*** you. He called the cops and threatened to kill someone. Don't f***ing tell me to mind my own business when you're on here running your f***ing mouth. Were you there? No. Did you see it? No. You ever been a cop? No. Do you know proper procedure? No. So take you own advice and STFU.
yuuuuuppppp

Elizabethtown, KY

#64 Aug 12, 2012
Look I live directly across the street from where this incident occurred and I also know the victim. There was one officer on the scene. I did not notice Gregory step towards the cop. The second cop did not show up until after he was shot. It is so brutal and horrible that they allowed him to lay on the tracks without even trying to check to see if they could help him. He was not married and had no children. Get your facts straight. He was an individual that was mentally unstable and all the BGPD knew who he was. ( obviously except for the cop that took his life) When he lived in BG many of the cops would give him a ride home and put him to bed. They knew that he would never hurt anyone. He wanted help that is what he kept screaming at the officer. It is a horrible situation because Gregory was well liked in our community. We all knew that he would have his moments, but we also knew that he would never hurt anyone. Prayers go out to the family. The officer shot without reasonable evidence of any harm. I do understand that the officer had to protect himself, but from my view the officer was not in any harm. I feel that if you cannot do a job without being scared then you do not need to be a police officer. Gregory was asking for help and as I stated earlier they were aware of his past. He would never hurt anyone and there are aware of that. I pray that the cop steps up and is honest about the situation that way the family can have some type of closure. I pray that the truth comes out because this person did not deserve to die in such a brutal way.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#65 Aug 12, 2012
Way is every one is blaming the police officer.
If this person was that retarded and had a mind of a 8 year old. Why was he in warren county walking down the railroad. And not in Edmonson being takeing care of. My 8 year old dose not walk on railroad tracks at two in the morning.
non lethal

Bowling Green, KY

#66 Aug 12, 2012
[QUOTE who="WTF?"]<quote d text>
And fear the guy will pull "the gun" (hand behind his back) and shoot a real bullet at the officer? He could have been high on PCP, and that drug just enrages the subject.
They can not risk their life when he is defiant, not listening to a police officer, implying he had a weapon, etc. This guy has been arrested 19 times!
I am very sorry that the guy is not dead. It is a shame, but actions like his will result in a not so favorable outcome.[/QUOTE] sounds like he had issues but to murder him? this town has faced problems like this for generations! but never has anyone been murdered because he asked to be sounds like a dr kavorkian thing.there were other options! He was out numbered probably 10 to one! and what if that bullet would have passed through him and hit a civilian! At least the older police officers like beech and waltrip and even the rude woman officer would not have done such a thing as this is not a good image for BG ! Please go back to just to beating people up and the take them to jail so the rednecks can torture them some more! Then the city makes $ instead of bad pr! you sell the liquor and the drugs and they know who they are ! im no rat but you guys need to chill out on the addicts that you helped to create! R.I.P MR Harrison and GOD BLESS YOUR FAMILY in this time of sorrow!
people up and the

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#67 Aug 12, 2012
non lethal your a joke.
i am scared

Bowling Green, KY

#68 Aug 12, 2012
yuuuuuppppp wrote:
Look I live directly across the street from where this incident occurred and I also know the victim. There was one officer on the scene. I did not notice Gregory step towards the cop. The second cop did not show up until after he was shot. It is so brutal and horrible that they allowed him to lay on the tracks without even trying to check to see if they could help him. He was not married and had no children. Get your facts straight. He was an individual that was mentally unstable and all the BGPD knew who he was.( obviously except for the cop that took his life) When he lived in BG many of the cops would give him a ride home and put him to bed. They knew that he would never hurt anyone. He wanted help that is what he kept screaming at the officer. It is a horrible situation because Gregory was well liked in our community. We all knew that he would have his moments, but we also knew that he would never hurt anyone. Prayers go out to the family. The officer shot without reasonable evidence of any harm. I do understand that the officer had to protect himself, but from my view the officer was not in any harm. I feel that if you cannot do a job without being scared then you do not need to be a police officer. Gregory was asking for help and as I stated earlier they were aware of his past. He would never hurt anyone and there are aware of that. I pray that the cop steps up and is honest about the situation that way the family can have some type of closure. I pray that the truth comes out because this person did not deserve to die in such a brutal way.
very well put !!!
FamilyToo

Trinity, TX

#69 Aug 12, 2012
First of all he was not retarded. He just did not understand things that normal adults did. He was a grown man and was spending the night with a friend that put him out on the street. He was just trying to get home. I feel that at the distance and the given information that the officed had alternate things that could have been done. Why automatically come out with an assault rifle? Please do not get on here bashing because our family has seen all of this nonsense on here and you would not want people on here talking about your deceased family member.
someone40222 wrote:
Way is every one is blaming the police officer.
If this person was that retarded and had a mind of a 8 year old. Why was he in warren county walking down the railroad. And not in Edmonson being takeing care of. My 8 year old dose not walk on railroad tracks at two in the morning.
non lethal

Bowling Green, KY

#70 Aug 12, 2012
someone40222 wrote:
non lethal your a joke.
THIS IS NOT A JOKE!

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#71 Aug 12, 2012
FamilyToo wrote:
First of all he was not retarded. He just did not understand things that normal adults did. He was a grown man and was spending the night with a friend that put him out on the street. He was just trying to get home. I feel that at the distance and the given information that the officed had alternate things that could have been done. Why automatically come out with an assault rifle? Please do not get on here bashing because our family has seen all of this nonsense on here and you would not want people on here talking about your deceased family member.<quoted text>
That is all that has been on here that he had a mind of a 8 year old. Im not bashing im stateing what has been said on here. He told 911 he was armed with a gun and was going to kill some one. If I was the Police officer I would have taken my Assault too. Way is every one bashing the officer. How do you not understand simple commands like im sure " Show me your hands " The officer had to pick his life becouse the suspect would not complay. Now this officer must carry this on his mind the rest of his life. Becouse the suspect pushed his hand and made him shoot him. That mot far for the officer
triggerhappycops

Lexington, KY

#72 Aug 12, 2012
Trigger happy, cowardly cops have no place in our society much less in law enforcement. Are the BG Police not issued Tasers? Could they not have used one of those and this man wouldn't have lost his life? If it had been a regular citizen shot him under the same circumstances that person would face a murder charge. But since it was a badge wearing coward he will go free in the name of "self defense" and/or "justified use of force per department policy" which is total BULL SHIT! The office that killed him should face federal criminal civil rights charges (of which he'd likely be convicted in federal court) and then state murder charges for a total combined sentence of life imprisonment. NONE of us are safe as long as we have trigger happy badges walking around!
i am scared

Bowling Green, KY

#73 Aug 12, 2012
The officer was OUT OF LINE !!!! Period

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#74 Aug 12, 2012
triggerhappycops wrote:
Trigger happy, cowardly cops have no place in our society much less in law enforcement. Are the BG Police not issued Tasers? Could they not have used one of those and this man wouldn't have lost his life? If it had been a regular citizen shot him under the same circumstances that person would face a murder charge. But since it was a badge wearing coward he will go free in the name of "self defense" and/or "justified use of force per department policy" which is total BULL SHIT! The office that killed him should face federal criminal civil rights charges (of which he'd likely be convicted in federal court) and then state murder charges for a total combined sentence of life imprisonment. NONE of us are safe as long as we have trigger happy badges walking around!
So if the suspect shot and killed the officer im sure you would be ok with that.... Becouse he need help and he would not have kown that killing the officer would be worng becouse he just dose not understand things.
Neice

Trinity, TX

#75 Aug 12, 2012
First of all you do not know him. Greg has never been married, never had children or anything like that. Get your damn facts straight. Look at the arrest dates on the jail site idiot. Since, he declining health we moved him to Edmonson County where we could take care of him. He went to spend the night with a friend and that is why he was in Bowling Green. You want to sit back and talk about him getting out of jail on the intoxication charges, yeah he paid his fines and had to pay to go to AA meetings. It would be different if he had violent crimes but he didnt. Think about what you say and make sre you know the facts before running the deceased persons name in the dirt. He was a human being and someones family you would not like it if someone you were close to "got what they deserved". Just because he told the cop to shoot him did not make it okay to do it. If one civilian tells another to shoot them and they do it. Guess what, they go to jail. It doesn't matter that they had permission.
citizen wrote:
The only hit that the warren county regional jail or our justice system should take is the fact that they allow repeat offenders to be repeat offenders. People who are locked up every other month for alcohol are not learning their lesson and should be either punished more severely with each intake or a different approach to rehabilitation in the case of the mentally handicapped. The warren county regional jail is well acquainted with Mr. Harrison with the many times they released him back to society. Is this really a surprise that eventually something like this would happen. Also I dont buy into his "8 year old" mentality. He was mature enough to make decisions like getting married, assaulting his wife, and buying alcohol.
witness after fact

New Haven, KY

#76 Aug 12, 2012
yuuuuuppppp wrote:
Look I live directly across the street from where this incident occurred...There was one officer on the scene... The second cop did not show up until after he was shot... It is so brutal and horrible that they allowed him to lay on the tracks without even trying to check to see if they could help him. Get your facts straight...I do understand that the officer had to protect himself, but from my view the officer was not in any harm...
Sorry but I did not see you from my front porch.
I did see two officers at the drivers door of the squad car where the orange paint was sprayed to mark the exact location. I did see the orange spay paint on CSX tracks where the man fell. I did see the orange spray paint where they marked where his body was lifted over the sidewalk on the opposing side of the street next to the tracks.

Sorry but within litterly minutes, police officers were searching the hill behind the r/r tracks and approaching his body and checking vital signs.

Sorry but nothing that anyone in this forum has said convinces me that you were onsight to see or hear anything.

Sorry but I have lived here since 1995 and can honestly say that no one else on this street (except 2 near neighbors who slept through it all) or the adjoining block in either direction were within sight of this incident and truly are just feeding this frenzy.

Sorry but I have to question why everyone continues to speculate about what may or may not have happened.

If I knew how to have thread monitor to pull/remove this forum thread, then it would be gone.
Gary

United States

#77 Aug 12, 2012
I don't see how anyone can shoot and kill someone if you don't see a gun, this officer is a coward and should have backed off until more assistance could arrive. If a gun was seen or pointed at the officer, that's another story. This is an absolute load of garbage that a trained police officer took a life of a mentally unstable man whom has a history of problems whom did nothing wrong. I wonder if they will give the man an all star funeral like they did the dude that got caught in the crossfire in 2006. I bet the police dept doesn't even send flowers.
zero tolerance

New Albany, IN

#79 Aug 12, 2012
punk ass city cops could have used less lethal force if the man was drunk.
kimberly

United States

#82 Aug 12, 2012
The cop coward will get promoted and get an honorary medal and the tax payers can pay for a fancy dinner for him. Anyway the bgpd are better than a lot of small town cops because they do have to deal with more being a larger city than a lot of towns around here however I lost all respect for them when they shut down the city in November 2006 when the red headed cop was killed and they had that huge funeral and shut down every road in town even the interstate for the parade and acted as if he was some saint, sure I felt bad he lost his life in a terrible error by another cop, but at least show a little respect for this guy you killed last night and give him the same respect at his funeral. Favoritism has always been a big problem with the police. To my knowledge there has never been a spouse or close family member of an officer that has ever had a speeding ticket, DUI, or major arrest.
NINJER

New Albany, IN

#83 Aug 12, 2012
FBS wrote:
These sorry ass cops in Bowling Green just got out of diapers and are immature punks carrying a weapon and shoot a man haven't they ever heard of pepper spray the punk cop should be terminated but the good oh boy system in Bowling Green will get his stupid ass off!
So Badas*, would you walk up to a guy claiming to have a gun and spray pepper spray in his eyes?? You might be the dumbest person I have ever spoken to in my life.

We don't have a "good ole boy" system here so check your facts. I bet you have had some contact with the BGPD and they have locked you up so you aren't very happy with them. Typical ignorant fuc*.
NINJER

New Albany, IN

#84 Aug 12, 2012
kimberly wrote:
The cop coward will get promoted and get an honorary medal and the tax payers can pay for a fancy dinner for him. Anyway the bgpd are better than a lot of small town cops because they do have to deal with more being a larger city than a lot of towns around here however I lost all respect for them when they shut down the city in November 2006 when the red headed cop was killed and they had that huge funeral and shut down every road in town even the interstate for the parade and acted as if he was some saint, sure I felt bad he lost his life in a terrible error by another cop, but at least show a little respect for this guy you killed last night and give him the same respect at his funeral. Favoritism has always been a big problem with the police. To my knowledge there has never been a spouse or close family member of an officer that has ever had a speeding ticket, DUI, or major arrest.
Kimberly, you need help. I hope he does get promoted and get an honorary medal..from the looks of the articles and information that has been provided. He is a good officer and deserves the respect.

Now to address your even more ignorant comment...Officer WHITSON was the officer who was shot in the line of duty. What a stupid fuc* you are to sit here and say that he didn't deserve the funeral he was given. He risked his life to deal with stupid idiots like yourself. Regardless of how he was killed doesn't matter. He was a police officer and he deserves respect. Why should a man who caused officer WHITSON to be killed in the first place by attacking him with 2 knives have a decorated funeral and be respected by the community....you are so fuc*in dumb.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Austin Coffee 1 hr gee 1
Head 2 hr Him 4
Man up Matt ...... 2 hr Him 1
richardsville Baptist Church 2 hr pure 6
CHILD SUPPORT taken from tax refund (Jan '12) 2 hr hey 286
The only man I want 3 hr Him 11
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 3 hr Bill Nye 909

Bowling Green Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bowling Green Mortgages