Tummy Tuck Question- Tummy tuck witho...

Tummy Tuck Question- Tummy tuck without muscle repair

Posted in the Bowling Green Forum

Curious

Louisville, KY

#1 Apr 3, 2011
Hey there yall. I am curious if anyone knows about getting a tummy tuck (skin only) without muscle repair. Do any of yall know anyone who has had this done? My doctor said it will not be as bad as a regular tummy tuck with muscle repair, but I am just wondering if anyone has any information, there really isnt much online. Thank you for your time!
Children

North Ridgeville, OH

#2 Apr 3, 2011
Just wandering if you have had children...not sure if you were a man or a woman. Usually, if a woman needs a tummy tuck with a muscle repair it is from having children. You're doctor said you don't ned the muscle repair, so I wasn't sure if you'd had a baby. I need a tummy tuck myself toward the lower end of my abdomen. A girdle for a year acually helped me get my shape back and I don't have a huge gut hanging/bulging around my pants, but after I've decided I've had all the children I want, when I'm maybe 35, I plan to get the full tummy tuck and fat grafting to my breasts. Fat grafting is a new procedure that is slowly becoming more popular as an alternative to breast implants.
Curious

Louisville, KY

#3 Apr 3, 2011
Thank you for responding so quickly. I am in my early 20's and gained alot of weight with my child. I lost most of it, but have this awful loose skin. I met with the plastic surgeon here and he said he can still do a tummy tuck, with just removing the skin. My muscles are not that badly torn apart, and I may want to have more kids in the next 5-10 years. I was informed by nmore than one surgeon that no matter how much weight I loose I will not get rid of the skin that literally sags over my pants. Its just awful. My strech marks are very deep as well. If you happen to come across any websites will you please inform me? I am having a very difficult time finding any, especially recovery time and pictures. Thank you very much!!
GIGI

Canton, OH

#4 Apr 3, 2011
I had tummy tuck about 7 years ago and so glad i did..i had muscle repair..yes it was painful but so worth it..ive had 2 children now 17 and 13. i was soo insecure about it..Dr Hulsey did mine and it reduced my stretch marks..never been happier. Good luck..
Curious

Louisville, KY

#5 Apr 3, 2011
Do you have any advise for a quick recovery? Thank you for the well wishes, I am scared to death!
Had a c-section

North Ridgeville, OH

#6 Apr 5, 2011
Don't lift anything over 10 pounds until the doctor says otherwise....about a month. If you start to see signs of infection, go to Urgentcare immediately. Ask for iron pills for blood loss during the surgery. This could make your hair thin a little bit....you will notice,but no one else will...this is temporary. Ask your doctor about other supplements, such as biotin for your hair, etc.
martine

Spalding, UK

#8 Jan 31, 2012
I'm 13days post opp tt no Mr lippo 2back flanks and stomach. Recovery is good I'm cleaning ironing an going back work 2days. Thought it was going be worst than this. Looking forward to swelling going and seeing final result. Hope yours goes well :) tip for any1 having tt make sure your fit for ur opp an get up walk about soon as you can after your surgery and ul recover in no time x
TummyTuckHouston TXdotnet

Mumbai, India

#9 Nov 29, 2012
If you feel that you’re protruding or sagging belly is making you unattractive and everything you tried has failed you may be considering an abdominoplasty. Tummy tuck also referred to as a “tummy tuck”, the procedure is growing popular and is used by both men and women who feel they are losing the battle against an unwanted bulge around the midsection. What must be noted is that it is not a simple procedure so you want to make sure you choose the right tummy tuck Houston surgeon to perform it.
Curious wrote:
Hey there yall. I am curious if anyone knows about getting a tummy tuck (skin only) without muscle repair. Do any of yall know anyone who has had this done? My doctor said it will not be as bad as a regular tummy tuck with muscle repair, but I am just wondering if anyone has any information, there really isnt much online. Thank you for your time!
dee

Dallas, TX

#10 Mar 17, 2013
I had a TT w/o muscle repair. I wanted the loose skin gone. For me it wasn't about the flat stomach. I was tired of the skin rubbing and being raw. My dr didn't feel I need muscle repair. I am 4 days post op. I have not had to take pain meds. I was up moving the same day. I'm glad I had it done.
advice

Georgetown, IN

#11 Mar 18, 2013
dee wrote:
I had a TT w/o muscle repair. I wanted the loose skin gone. For me it wasn't about the flat stomach. I was tired of the skin rubbing and being raw. My dr didn't feel I need muscle repair. I am 4 days post op. I have not had to take pain meds. I was up moving the same day. I'm glad I had it done.
Who did your tummy tuck?
MotherTucker

Bowling Green, KY

#12 Mar 18, 2013
I had my tummy tuck in the back of a truck. Get yourself some custom windows instead.
Asil9

Haymarket, VA

#13 Sep 16, 2013
martine wrote:
I'm 13days post opp tt no Mr lippo 2back flanks and stomach. Recovery is good I'm cleaning ironing an going back work 2days. Thought it was going be worst than this. Looking forward to swelling going and seeing final result. Hope yours goes well :) tip for any1 having tt make sure your fit for ur opp an get up walk about soon as you can after your surgery and ul recover in no time x
Thanks for your post Martine. My TT is scheduled for this Thursday. My PS says I need MR, but I believe I had that done during my hernia repair about 3 yrs ago. I am confirming that now. But if that is the case I am going to opt for the TT w/o MR and lipo. I have two weeks to get better, because I am beginning a new job. How was the pain level on a scale of 1-10 (1 being the least) How soon were you able to drive? Are there any other limitations you can share outside of lifting no more than 10lbs?
Asil9

Haymarket, VA

#14 Sep 16, 2013
dee wrote:
Hello Dee,

Was there a drastic difference? I've been online looking at pics of women who opted for MR vs those w/o to see the difference. If I could go this route with less pain, quicker recovery, lower price and damn good results, I'd do it.
pervert pete

North Ridgeville, OH

#15 Sep 17, 2013
Can I have all the skin they cut off...I want to make some smoked pork rinds???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The only man I want 2 hr Pop up Bible 6
Loud mouth pregnant chick at Ishiban cussing st... 2 hr Witchiepoo 9
seth d wilson 3 hr Last laugh 5
I love Kentucky! 3 hr Glitch them out 46
Terrible Fathera 3 hr Disgusted 5
Samantha Gammon 4 hr Heroin bros 4
Head 4 hr Susej jesuS 1

Bowling Green Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance