RIP Shawn Thompson
Truth

Ft Mitchell, KY

#112 Jan 27, 2013
foot note wrote:
to the facts. Many people have addictions whether it be smoking, pills, alcohol, meth, sex, etc. When you are involved to the point where weapons get involved, then the drug use has reached a whole nother level where it is just a matter of time before something bad happens. To both families, you have young family members who will be watching and listening in the days to come. Please do not make either of these young men out to be heroes. They are human beings and we all make mistakes. Making a mistake and dying because of it or hurting another human for the wrong reason does not make anyone a hero!!!!!!
Nicely said but it is the truth neither one was a saint and both lives and their families destroyed
Dewayne Thompson

United States

#113 Jan 27, 2013
You Gus's are right. Neither were saints and BOTH have been in a lot of trouble in the past. But only one is a coward and a murderer!
its sad

Bowling Green, KY

#114 Jan 27, 2013
NOTHING GOOD happens after midnite! ESpecially on a Thursday nite, or rather Friday morning at 1:30 am. DID these dudes not work?
Newshound

Lubbock, TX

#115 Jan 27, 2013
Dewayne Thompson wrote:
You Gus's are right. Neither were saints and BOTH have been in a lot of trouble in the past. But only one is a coward and a murderer!
Dewayne, are you guys kin to Corey Thompson from R-ville?
A soon-to-be Thompson

Bowling Green, KY

#116 Jan 27, 2013
Shawn was a great guy. I didn't know him well, but I know he will be missed. It truly breaks my heart to see him murdered and his grieving family. It is downright RUDE for anyone to be on here saying ANYTHING bad about someone who was shot in their back, regardless of what their past looks like. Hopefully justice will prevail and Daniel Moss will learn from his crime and become a better person. Yeah, it is a well known fact that Shawn used, but since when does making a mistake make you an awful person? It doesn't to me. I knew Shawn's history and I chose to think of him as the future cousin that he was to me. Think about how the families feel right now before you comment. Yes, Daniel's family too, as they are suffering also. Rest in peace, Shawn, we know you are with Jesus now. P.S. To all the people saying that nothin good happens after 12 o'clock, has it never occurred to you that 12 is like the afternoon to people that work different shifts? Like, wth, is everyone on this website a Neanderthal? Now that I think about it, do I even have to ask?
jesus

Russellville, KY

#117 Jan 27, 2013
Nobody deserves to shot unless its to protect self,family, or personal property. Idk the facts of this case so I won't comment on murder/self def. but we ARE the actions and decisions we make. So we can quit all the they were great guys who just did bad things.
dont ask

Bowling Green, KY

#118 Jan 27, 2013
Yea it occurred to me, but knowing his police record, I figured he didn't have a job. That is what I heard. Correct me if I am wrong, former cousin.
curious

Portland, TN

#119 Jan 28, 2013
this is crazy i heard about it on the scanner i heard the police say a male got shot in the back, it took the police at least 45 min to an hr to find the home where the victim was, in went on the porch and prayed the guy was ok. i just knew he was going to die, because it took so long for help to arrive.
answer

Canton, OH

#120 Jan 28, 2013
dont ask wrote:
Yea it occurred to me, but knowing his police record, I figured he didn't have a job. That is what I heard. Correct me if I am wrong, former cousin.
Yes Shawn worked at a factory and had been working there for a while.
how horrible

Bowling Green, KY

#121 Jan 28, 2013
Poor guy lying there in pain .. Did Shawn have kids?
btw

Bowling Green, KY

#122 Jan 28, 2013
Where did these guys work?
Jon Hart

Bowling Green, KY

#124 Jan 28, 2013
I know daniel moss and he is the best freind anyone could ever hope to have and a damn good father. all this gossip going around helps neither family only adds to their grief. and if anyone doubts daniels innonence let me say this i would gladly take his place if i could
whatever

Bowling Green, KY

#125 Jan 28, 2013
Jon Hart wrote:
I know daniel moss and he is the best freind anyone could ever hope to have and a damn good father. all this gossip going around helps neither family only adds to their grief. and if anyone doubts daniels innonence let me say this i would gladly take his place if i could
dude, he shot someone in the back. Are u saying it was an accident!
Stunned at the BS

Hermitage, TN

#126 Jan 28, 2013
IN THE BACK. He shot someone IN THE BACK. Very few good and decent people shoot anyone, anywhere. No good and decent person has EVER shot someone IN THE BACK. He shot someone IN THE BACK. I'm stunned how this simple phrase has been ignored by so many people claiming how good they think this guy is. It's like saying, sure he beats the shit out of his wife, but he's such a nice guy! He shot someone IN THE BACK.
Stunned myself

Ft Mitchell, KY

#127 Jan 28, 2013
These families are grieving both sides are hurting. All this talk about how people can comment rude vicious comments but not one of you all have tried to delete these comments. WOW Drama even after the fact. You all need to grow up. Your kids follow by example. Even grown *ss people are bullies. Lets keep on fueling the fire. I am going to take this opportunity to delete this whole forum that has started on here and became hateful. Go to his Fb or yours to show respect so then people can really see who you are! I Hate This Site its cyber bulling cyber harassment just plan RIDICULOUS!!!!!
MDBG

Bowling Green, KY

#128 Jan 28, 2013
Does anyone stop to think about the children involved? They "all" have children. How do you know if they were fighting the gun didn't go off accidentally? YA even possibly shot in the back "accidentally"? Maybe if the police had gotten there SOONER Shawn would still be alive.
Myself

Cub Run, KY

#129 Jan 28, 2013
MDBG wrote:
Does anyone stop to think about the children involved? They "all" have children. How do you know if they were fighting the gun didn't go off accidentally? YA even possibly shot in the back "accidentally"? Maybe if the police had gotten there SOONER Shawn would still be alive.
cant blame the police...the police did not point the gun at Shawn and pull the trigger and murder a so called friend...any time you point a gun at someone and pull the trigger you mean bodily harm...plain and simple...no matter whar happened ...he pointed the gun at Shawn and pulled the trigger while Shawn was walking away..and that is murder...plain and simple...and to try and attempt to put a sword in his hand after killing him is plain wrong...at that time he knew he was guilty of murder...yall keep saying both familys are gaving it tough...yall remember one family can still go visit their loved one twicw a week while the other one will be burying theirs Wednesday...so dont say they are both the same...
Stunned at the BS

Hermitage, TN

#130 Jan 28, 2013
A gun going off accidentally is a very big coincidence. It's an even more staggering probability that a gun accidentally went off while pointed at someone. It's a bigger chance than winning the lottery and being struck by lightning while picking it up that a gun accidentally went off while pointed at someone you were just fighting and hitting them IN THE BACK and then a sword falls out of the house into the victims hand before the police arrive. YOU sir, should play the lottery.
MDBG

Bowling Green, KY

#131 Jan 28, 2013
Myself wrote:
<quoted text>cant blame the police...the police did not point the gun at Shawn and pull the trigger and murder a so called friend...any time you point a gun at someone and pull the trigger you mean bodily harm...plain and simple...no matter whar happened ...he pointed the gun at Shawn and pulled the trigger while Shawn was walking away..and that is murder...plain and simple...and to try and attempt to put a sword in his hand after killing him is plain wrong...at that time he knew he was guilty of murder...yall keep saying both familys are gaving it tough...yall remember one family can still go visit their loved one twicw a week while the other one will be burying theirs Wednesday...so dont say they are both the same...
No body is saying they're the same. You don't know Shawn was walking away!! You weren't there!! Maybe, just maybe, he happened to turn at just the right time. As far as the sword goes you didn't see that either. Did you???? People panic when crap happens. As far as the family's, what about them? The kids??? You gunna blame them too for what their parents did or didn't do???
frustrated with people

Canton, OH

#133 Jan 28, 2013
MDBG wrote:
<quoted text>No body is saying they're the same. You don't know Shawn was walking away!! You weren't there!! Maybe, just maybe, he happened to turn at just the right time. As far as the sword goes you didn't see that either. Did you???? People panic when crap happens. As far as the family's, what about them? The kids??? You gunna blame them too for what their parents did or didn't do???
Obviously by reading your posts, you have no idea what happened. I DO know what happened and he was shot in the back while leaving the house. The tampering with evidence charge was due to dip s**t putting a decorative type sword in his hand. Daniel may have been a good person over all as some of u say, however he chose to commit murder and he needs to accept responsibility for his actions as well as his friends! People make mistakes, but when mistakes happen, it times to be an adult and accept the consequences!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Girls to jerk to 20 min Northcreek 1 3
If I Were President 22 min Brother Nathanael 1
Thomas Blaha 1 hr The Wife 6
Casey Hixson (Jun '14) 1 hr The Wife 10
News Ohio County Murder Investigation (Nov '10) 1 hr Country Rock 28 31
What do you know about Lori Boren? (Jan '15) 1 hr Well 174
any straight men wear panties 1 hr Courtney Stucker 10
judge sam potter 13 hr she a liar 57
More from around the web

Personal Finance