Pediatrician that takes medical card

Pediatrician that takes medical card

Posted in the Bowling Green Forum

heather

Summer Shade, KY

#1 Oct 28, 2008
did have insurance on my daughter now back to medical card as insurance.i am not too fond with dr.pippa pinckley stewartwe been using her for 2yrs and we have had some problems with her and havent called to see if they take medical card.so i was just wondering if i have to find a new pediatrician what ones are good and take medical card? would prefer another woman dr.

Since: Oct 08

Bowling Green, KY

#2 Oct 28, 2008
Dr. Pinkley Stewart one of the best around here. Dr. John Smith takes a med card if you want to go there. Smith don't take things serious when there is a major underlying issue though; my child saw him for 2 years.
heather

Westmoreland, TN

#3 Oct 28, 2008
thanks for the input.dr stewart has always had a problem with my little girl being small and petite we have had numerous tests and blood work done for no reason so i am kinda sour on her we are using her but just recently there has been change in my boyfriends work hence the insurance change so i have thought of changing doctors

Bowling Green, KY

#4 Oct 29, 2008
Yeah Dr. Stewart is very cautious, Dr. John Smith was good but my little girl had asmtha and his way of diagnosing her was take the neb away and if she gets sick she must have asmtha. When she was coughing he just gave her Robitussin in reality she was coughing because she couldn't breathe. One day I thought she was getting sick because she was coughing and took her to Stewart and she simply said its her asmtha. Smith would have given Robitussin. I have talked to people who did not like Stewart because their friends child was accident prone and had been to her 3 times within just a few weeks and the last time the 3 year old fell out of a moving vehicle and she contacted social services but in reality it was her job to contact them.

Dr. Chris Smith almost let my niece die. She had a virus for almost 10 days and he kept telling her just a few more days. Her mom got really worried and took her to someone else in the firm and he flew her to Vandy because this particular virus can greatly affect your heart rythm and it had. She was in Vandy for about 3 weeks her family not knowing if she was going to make it. Now this small child has a heart defect that could have been prevented. Sometimes its better to be cautious.
HappyMomma

Alliance, OH

#5 Oct 29, 2008
heather wrote:
did have insurance on my daughter now back to medical card as insurance.i am not too fond with dr.pippa pinckley stewartwe been using her for 2yrs and we have had some problems with her and havent called to see if they take medical card.so i was just wondering if i have to find a new pediatrician what ones are good and take medical card? would prefer another woman dr.
Dr. Bitterling does, but I'm not sure if he's maxed out. I was only able to get him to see my son w/the medical card b/c my sister's 2 kids see him already. He is excellent. My sister had taken my niece to 4 other peds before Dr Bitterling and he is the one who finally said that she has Asthma. My mom also has asthma, so when my niece started having attacks, we knew what it was but the other docs said it wasnt. Dr Fraser is also good, though I don't know if he takes med card. He's at Graves Gilbert Clinic.
question

Alliance, OH

#6 Oct 29, 2008
GracieMae wrote:
Yeah Dr. Stewart is very cautious, Dr. John Smith was good but my little girl had asmtha and his way of diagnosing her was take the neb away and if she gets sick she must have asmtha. When she was coughing he just gave her Robitussin in reality she was coughing because she couldn't breathe. One day I thought she was getting sick because she was coughing and took her to Stewart and she simply said its her asmtha. Smith would have given Robitussin. I have talked to people who did not like Stewart because their friends child was accident prone and had been to her 3 times within just a few weeks and the last time the 3 year old fell out of a moving vehicle and she contacted social services but in reality it was her job to contact them.
Dr. Chris Smith almost let my niece die. She had a virus for almost 10 days and he kept telling her just a few more days. Her mom got really worried and took her to someone else in the firm and he flew her to Vandy because this particular virus can greatly affect your heart rythm and it had. She was in Vandy for about 3 weeks her family not knowing if she was going to make it. Now this small child has a heart defect that could have been prevented. Sometimes its better to be cautious.
On a side note Gracie, if a 3 year old falls out of a moving car, someone SHOULD call social services. That's child abuse at its peak. A 3 year old should not be in a position to fall out of a moving car....car seat, booster seat, etc. Kids are not THAT accident prone. People frighten me when they say things like that are accidents...it's called neglect.

Bowling Green, KY

#7 Oct 30, 2008
question wrote:
<quoted text>
On a side note Gracie, if a 3 year old falls out of a moving car, someone SHOULD call social services. That's child abuse at its peak. A 3 year old should not be in a position to fall out of a moving car....car seat, booster seat, etc. Kids are not THAT accident prone. People frighten me when they say things like that are accidents...it's called neglect.
Yes, any child that falls out of a moving vehicle should be reported. Dr. Stewart could be responsible if she did not report abuse when she suspected it. I absolutely love Dr. Stewart and she is always on top of things, just like any doctor should be.
Sally

Canton, OH

#8 Oct 30, 2008
GracieMae,

How can you bad mouth a doctor and in the next sentence say I love this doctor. You seem to have no brains.

Alliance, OH

#9 Oct 31, 2008
Sally....there was no bad mouthing going on. Maybe you need to read the text...."I have talked to people who did not like Stewart because their friends child was accident prone and had been to her 3 times within just a few weeks and the last time the 3 year old fell out of a moving vehicle and she contacted social services but in reality it was her job to contact them."

Like I said Dr. Stewart was doing her job by contacting social services. Dr. Stewart is my child's doctor and was merely stating Dr. Stewart will take the best intrest of the CHILD not the parent. Slow down next time and read the post instead of thinking of something negative to say!

"You have no brains" is a very elementary thing to say. You should keep your negative, critical comments to yourself. People like you keep others from posting on forum's like this.
dont

Trinity, TX

#10 Nov 1, 2008
what ever you do dont go to dr Castelli he is just not cut out to be in the field he is in
Mommy of 2

Glasgow, KY

#11 Nov 3, 2008
Chris Smith is my daughters doctor. And this is the first negative things I've heard about him. He's been great with my kids. If there's anything else about him I'd like to know. I want the best care for children.
maillady

Houston, TX

#12 Nov 4, 2008
There are several Pediatricians at Bowling Green Internal Med. Dr. Kries or Dr. Kelley are excellent. Dr Kries asks about all my kids and what is going on in my family. They remember who I am and what is going on with my family. They take the medical card too. This is an excellet place to take the kids.
mjh

Canton, OH

#13 May 5, 2009
heather wrote:
I love Dr. Stewart. My daughter has been seeing her since she was 6 weeks old. She always calls and checks and she is very well informed. If you get prior approval Dr Stewart will take a medical card.
Mother of 3

Trinity, TX

#14 Dec 14, 2009
I have been taking my 3 kids to Pinkley-Stewart since we moved here almost 3 years ago. We have been very happy with her. Now Graves-Gilbert is not going to be taking anthem insurance. I have no idea who to go to now. I'm thinking maybe Dr.Kries. I was also thinking about Dr.Smith, untill I read some comments here. One of my children has ADHD and asthma. I would like any suggestions or helpful comments please.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scumbag 31 min Mary Ellen 11
Anybody know where I can find Chris Long 36 min Jcl 2
Bowling Green Nursing and Rehab Files Bankruptcy 1 hr Comeon 6
McDojo 2 hr Karate 2
Ann 3 hr MessedUp 1
being outside naked 4 hr tom 26
Anal 5 hr Squeeler 5
stay classy south warren 9 hr pot meet kettle 32

Bowling Green Jobs

More from around the web