Benefit for Malachi @ Spillway Bar Su...

Benefit for Malachi @ Spillway Bar Sunday

Posted in the Bowling Green Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ginger

Bowling Green, KY

#1 Feb 10, 2012
Spillway bar and grill is hosting a fundraiser for Malachi's vet bills at Greystone animal hospital.This was the dog that was dragged behind a moving car and badly hurt. According to BG daily news, cost is $5 to get in and there are bands, giveaway's and a silent auction. Starts at 11 AM on 2/12/12!
peter griffin

United States

#2 Feb 10, 2012
wheres the benefit for all the people who dont have health insurance who are drowning in a sea of debt bc they cant pay their medical bills? the south is azz backwards caring more for a dog than its fellow homospahians.
TheFarmer

New Haven, KY

#3 Feb 10, 2012
peter griffin wrote:
wheres the benefit for all the people who dont have health insurance who are drowning in a sea of debt bc they cant pay their medical bills? the south is azz backwards caring more for a dog than its fellow homospahians.
Agreed!
Research before Typing

Columbus, OH

#4 Feb 10, 2012
peter griffin wrote:
Apparently there should also be a benefit for literacy.
Ginger

Buffalo, TX

#5 Feb 10, 2012
peter griffin wrote:
1. My Taxes
2. Tenn Care (Supported by my taxes)
3. Medicaid (Again supported by my taxes)
4. Health Dept.

Now, call Sally Struthers and complain to her for asking Americans to send money to third world countires to feed a kid.
Any other whining, call Oboma and ask him where that check is you have been looking for for the last 3 years!
truethat

Canton, OH

#6 Feb 10, 2012
How many times over are people going to pay for this dogs treatment? Write a check to the salvation army or something.
Dawg

Canton, OH

#7 Feb 10, 2012
Research before Typing wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently there should also be a benefit for literacy.
YOU SHOULD LEARN HOW TO PUNCHATE.
Ginger

Buffalo, TX

#8 Feb 10, 2012
truethat wrote:
How many times over are people going to pay for this dogs treatment? Write a check to the salvation army or something.
I think the point you are missing is, the treatment has already been paid for....by the humane people whom had enough compassion to treat another living creature that had been abused. I would hope someone would care enough to do the same for you or your loved one in the same situation.

This is for those that care enough to give back to those people. If you disagree, STFU and go write a check to something you care about...besides yourself.
hmmm

Upton, KY

#9 Feb 10, 2012
Dawg wrote:
<quoted text>YOU SHOULD LEARN HOW TO PUNCHATE.
Punchate? Is that a word in the english language?
hmmm

Upton, KY

#10 Feb 10, 2012
Ginger wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the point you are missing is, the treatment has already been paid for....by the humane people whom had enough compassion to treat another living creature that had been abused. I would hope someone would care enough to do the same for you or your loved one in the same situation.
This is for those that care enough to give back to those people. If you disagree, STFU and go write a check to something you care about...besides yourself.
I agree Ginger, and the same reply I put on another thread applies here to.
It's like some people can't stand it when others donate time and money to a cause bigger than themselves. There are too many of these lazy do-nothing complainers in this world. Instead of finding a good positive cause to get behind, they sit on their judgemental @sses and complain about others trying to do a good deed. Even go as far as to splitting groups into seperate factions....the dog faction or the kid faction. Not once thinking that MAYBE some people involved in the dog benefit, also get involved with benefits for The American Cancer Society, Volunteer Fire Departments, Cystic Fibrosis, etc. If I can help a benefit for the Humane Society, I will do it in a heartbeat. If I can help a Benefit for a fellow human being, I will do it. But some people are nothing more than oxygen theives, simply wasting good air that kind, giving people could benefit from. Life is about helping and giving....not complaining, b*tching and moaning about the efforts of "givers". Try getting involved in something proactive and larger than yourselves from time to time people. It may just make you a little less bitter about your own lives.
Ginger

Buffalo, TX

#11 Feb 10, 2012
hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree Ginger, and the same reply I put on another thread applies here to.
It's like some people can't stand it when others donate time and money to a cause bigger than themselves. There are too many of these lazy do-nothing complainers in this world. Instead of finding a good positive cause to get behind, they sit on their judgemental @sses and complain about others trying to do a good deed. Even go as far as to splitting groups into seperate factions....the dog faction or the kid faction. Not once thinking that MAYBE some people involved in the dog benefit, also get involved with benefits for The American Cancer Society, Volunteer Fire Departments, Cystic Fibrosis, etc. If I can help a benefit for the Humane Society, I will do it in a heartbeat. If I can help a Benefit for a fellow human being, I will do it. But some people are nothing more than oxygen theives, simply wasting good air that kind, giving people could benefit from. Life is about helping and giving....not complaining, b*tching and moaning about the efforts of "givers". Try getting involved in something proactive and larger than yourselves from time to time people. It may just make you a little less bitter about your own lives.
HERE HERE! TY! And to all a good night!
Sue

Eddyville, KY

#12 Feb 10, 2012
Yep, here we go again with people that want to get on the "dog" threads and complain about people not caring about other people. Please use that energy and get behind a cause you care about instead of bitching about other folks giving. Organize a fund raiser or do something proactive. Us "dog huggers", as one previous poster said, are probably also giving more to "human" and "people" causes than you all complaining about it.
Haha

Lexington, KY

#13 Feb 11, 2012
What's funny is that's the money is going towards the Warren county humane society NOT the dogs bill or bills. I spoke with one of the ladies that works there.
Anyway I hope that one hot chick is there! She's smokin hawtt, mmm that brOwn eyed girl!
Spillway

Canton, OH

#14 Feb 11, 2012
Well we need all the money we can get and this is just another way to pull in funds.
Amen

Campbellsville, KY

#15 Feb 11, 2012
Spillway wrote:
Well we need all the money we can get and this is just another way to pull in funds.
amen brotha! Me n my fam support spillway 100% it's our favorite bar! Great bands, new upholstered pool tables, and fun fun fun staff! Never any drama! Best wings in ky hands down!
Meh

Louisville, KY

#16 Feb 11, 2012
It's just a dog. A lowly animal on the food chain. Who cares. Not like it was a person. The world is overpopulated with dogs and cats anyway, the more that die, the better it is. Otherwise you get a mass overcrowding at animal shelters for thousands of strays no one wants, that just get euthanized by the thousands every week, and on and on it goes. Dogs and cats should be killed more, just like deer, there are too many of them around and people aren't smart enough to recognize its a problem.
BGG

Eddyville, KY

#17 Feb 11, 2012
Meh wrote:
It's just a dog. A lowly animal on the food chain. Who cares. Not like it was a person. The world is overpopulated with dogs and cats anyway, the more that die, the better it is. Otherwise you get a mass overcrowding at animal shelters for thousands of strays no one wants, that just get euthanized by the thousands every week, and on and on it goes. Dogs and cats should be killed more, just like deer, there are too many of them around and people aren't smart enough to recognize its a problem.
I would pay to have you euthanized. The world is definitely overpopulated with people like you.
just sayn

Russellville, KY

#18 Feb 11, 2012
Meh wrote:
The world is also filled with child abusers and child molesters too. Think we should get rid of more of those too? At least there is one thing i will say about dogs, they have more dam sense and a lot more compassion than most humans, When they start having a fund raiser to euthanize all the molesters and sorry azz ppl of the world, give me a call. Id like to contribute
Yes I do wanna know

Herndon, VA

#19 Feb 12, 2012
Roberts fiancÚ is a stuck up btch! No one likes her and she hurts business everytime she steps her bobble head in the door! I hope Debbie gives her helllll!
Ginger

Buffalo, TX

#20 Feb 12, 2012
Well, I have to say the turn out was great and getting even stronger as I left. Kudos to those that donated time, money and austions items. Also, to the bands that donated their services and Robert for hosting the event.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Farmer Tim Kercheville 11 min Yes, I do 2
Nakisha Bailey (Apr '17) 54 min Hahaha 5
Feelings suck (Apr '17) 1 hr Naa 20
Worst jail in ky (Dec '11) 1 hr It is finished 32
Bowling Green Nursing and Rehab Files Bankruptcy 1 hr It is finished 2
Mechanic who works on European cars?? 2 hr Saab story 4
Slim Nash - That Time Again 3 hr shooter 80

Bowling Green Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance