Richardsville Elementary School

Posted in the Bowling Green Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Amaranthe

United States

#1 Oct 27, 2012
Is it just me, or does anyone else think the two women in the office at Richardsville school act snobby and like they are better than others?(I am talking about Nancy and Tonya.)
june

Louisville, KY

#2 Oct 27, 2012
They are amazing women. May seem standoffish at first, but they wear so many hats at that school and do so many things that are beyond their job description. Without them, that school would fall apart. They aren't snobby, just very busy and focused.
hummmm

United States

#3 Oct 27, 2012
Actually, I find them to be a bit snooty to.
Parent

United States

#4 Oct 27, 2012
My little one is starting school next year (preschool) there and I've been hearing that tonya yells an screams and the little ones! I've heard from 4 different parents. Did thi happen to anyone else?
Moms Luigi

United States

#5 Oct 27, 2012
Sometimes people have bad days.. But I don't think that anyone takes it out on the kids there. They have been known to be a bit snobby to parents at times,but not the kids!
hmmm

Bowling Green, KY

#6 Oct 27, 2012
snooty? hardly, they're good women who have to do too much as well as deal with people walking in the door. I've had kids there for the last 7 years and haven't seen them "act better" or yell at kids.
sounds like

United States

#7 Oct 27, 2012
Sounds to me you have no idea what it takes to work the front office at a school. Calls all day long. Kids coming in and out of the office on top of trying to get their daily work done. Just because you come in the office and they don't kiss your ass doesn't make them bad people. Like op said. If it wasn't for them that school wouldn't function.
Look

United States

#8 Oct 27, 2012
Maybe they shouldn't work there then! If they can't handle doing that job, then they should chose another career. If your gonna be hateful to people just because you have a dull schedule and busy job! Really that's no excuse to be rude.
Look

United States

#9 Oct 27, 2012
Full*
parent2

Louisville, KY

#10 Oct 28, 2012
They can more than handle their job and then some. They have teachers, administrators, parents, kids, volunteers AND tons of visitors coming through there constantly to tour the new building (sometimes groups of 40+ people, not to mention HUGE days like grandparents lunch or the mom and dad breakfasts), to juggle all at once. Everyone asking them for something and wanting it asap. They also have to make sure that no one enters the building without being cleared, which is no easy task, either, and take care of the kids who get sick or are waiting for the principal to handle a discipline issue- aside from their hundreds of other duties and bookkeeping, attendance, orders, etc. They do they work of ten people, if not more. Spend a day following them. It would exhaust you. Then they go home and take care of their own families.

It all comes down to this: they keep our students safe and cared for and as a parent, I am so glad to have them there. They go unappreciated in my opinion. Get to know them and you'll see things differently. They are two extraordinary women.

Pardon the length of this. I have nothing but good to say about these ladies and want people to understand their pressures.
seriously

United States

#11 Oct 28, 2012
I didn't ask them to kiss my ass but if they can't handle it they shouldn't work there. As well as any other person in the school. I am the parent of ntwo of those kids and I expect adults to not take their "bad day" out on my kids. No, I couldn't work with a bunch of kids all day, but guess what...I didn't to go school to be a teacher or an office worker at a school. They knew what they were getting into when they took the job. Its an elementary school. You've got to deal with kids ALL DAY!! Put your big girl panties on and deal with it or find a different job and let someone else do it!
same person

Canton, OH

#12 Oct 28, 2012
seriously wrote:
I didn't ask them to kiss my ass but if they can't handle it they shouldn't work there. As well as any other person in the school. I am the parent of ntwo of those kids and I expect adults to not take their "bad day" out on my kids. No, I couldn't work with a bunch of kids all day, but guess what...I didn't to go school to be a teacher or an office worker at a school. They knew what they were getting into when they took the job. Its an elementary school. You've got to deal with kids ALL DAY!! Put your big girl panties on and deal with it or find a different job and let someone else do it!
Whatever lady. You are obviously the same loon that keeps changing her name to look like its other people. Nice try cu@t! Go back to your shit@y life and leave people alone
seriously

United States

#13 Oct 28, 2012
You must be one of the office ladies! My life is wonderful. It must suck to be you and be so miserable and moody.
Mama Luigi

Canton, OH

#14 Oct 28, 2012
I work and manage in a daycare full of screaming kids, Monday through Saturday! I have bad days, but I sure as hell don't take it out on my kids! just because you have a hard job that is a bit stressful does not give anyone any right to take it out on anyone. Maintain a professional frame. All the things listed above may be what they do, but they do not handles all those things by themselves. All of those duties are not put on just them two people alone. They have help, there is a nurse that comes in from time to time for the sick children and it is not just them two in the office. I'm not saying they don't do anything, but what they do do is not done by them alone.
Parent of kids at RES

United States

#15 Oct 28, 2012
Well the 2 women mentioned above are the only 2 who work in the office at the school. The only break they get all day is someone covering for them during a short lunch break. And as for the NURSE who comes and takes care of the sick kids. Once a week , she makes her rounds. There is one nurse for the entire north warren school district so she isn't there when the kids are sick. When the children get sick they are taken to the office and the 2 ladies in the office bend over backward to make them feel better. I have been in the office numerous times and seen both of the ladies deal with things that would make most people run screaming. They are both total professionals, and i am truly thankful to have 2 like them at our school.
Mama Luigi

Canton, OH

#16 Oct 28, 2012
Well whatever makes you feel better sweetie :)
geez

Louisville, KY

#17 Oct 28, 2012
So many axes to grind over two women. They really got under ur skin, huh?
seriously

United States

#18 Oct 28, 2012
Bend over backwards to make the kids feel better?? Your kids must be royalty! All they ever did for my kids was stick them in the little room in the back and t let her lay down until I get there. A monkey could do that. In fact, a monkey could do everything they do without the attitude. If you don't like or can't handle kids, don't work in a field of work where your obviously dealing with them continiously.
sounds like

Bowling Green, KY

#19 Oct 28, 2012
Was you one of them parents that sent their kid to school knowing they was sick. Then come in pissed off because you had to come get your kid 2 or 3 hrs later after they have call you 10 times that your kid was sick
hahahaha

Canton, OH

#20 Oct 28, 2012
RES is a joke the teachers are rude and they let kids bullied all the time and dont stop it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowling Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Helbig for Sheriff 4 min deputy dog 5
To Auto (Samantha's Man) Read This 4 min Church Lady 4
Who is DJ Johnson 13 min Give him a chance 8
Update-Warren County Sheriff Candidate Wanted 28 min Yes Hightower 6
WBKO Chris Allen expanded show starting April 30 39 min Know the weather 6
Comingsoon 59 min 12abc 7
twilight crooks (Dec '12) 1 hr Jdjd 19

Bowling Green Jobs

Personal Finance

Bowling Green Mortgages