First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Customer

Frisco, TX

#2 Sep 30, 2011
I can tell you first hand he did some electricial work at our place and it was not in code
roger johns

Locust Grove, OK

#3 Oct 1, 2011
he gotta permit right? it passed inspection didnt it? if its not up to code call rainey
just saying

Wichita Falls, TX

#4 Oct 1, 2011
He is always down at city barn after hours
taxpayerthatspis sed

Wichita Falls, TX

#5 Oct 1, 2011
I think this guy is a scum bag! He works for the city and does jobs on the side during city time. He's also been known to take a helper, another city employee. To top it off, he uses the city barn to supply his jobs. Way to go Bowie tax dollars! Keeping this douch bag on our dollar.
JoeT

Wichita Falls, TX

#6 Oct 1, 2011
taxpayerthatspissed wrote:
I think this guy is a scum bag! He works for the city and does jobs on the side during city time. He's also been known to take a helper, another city employee. To top it off, he uses the city barn to supply his jobs. Way to go Bowie tax dollars! Keeping this douch bag on our dollar.
Well Said!!
Ex GI

Frisco, TX

#7 Oct 1, 2011
We need to report this to the city manager
itsmeagain

Graham, TX

#8 Oct 1, 2011
Since when does he care? He's probably getting a cut of the profits. I would not be shocked if ol James hired him to work on his personal projects.
What a joke...report it to the city manager!
BRR

Wichita Falls, TX

#9 Oct 2, 2011
I can't say he is doing jobs on city time, but this would not surprise me.
Tom Kent

Burkburnett, TX

#10 Oct 2, 2011
Kurt has done work for me. Permit in place. Invoices from Ace provided. Does good work at a fair price. Maybe I was the exception but I doubt it. He shows after his work hours and in his personal truck.
Customer

Bowie, TX

#11 Oct 2, 2011
he pulled a permit on the job. I was just saying that his work is not in code. he is slow and was way over the original $1600 bid. I would not use him again and will not recommend him to anyone. how can he do work in the city limits and also work for the city electrical dept?
Welp

Mansfield, TX

#12 Oct 2, 2011
Customer wrote:
he pulled a permit on the job. I was just saying that his work is not in code. he is slow and was way over the original $1600 bid. I would not use him again and will not recommend him to anyone. how can he do work in the city limits and also work for the city electrical dept?
As long as he is doing it on his own time, then why can't he? It is not a conflict of interest as long as he is getting his worked inspected by the building official. Pulling a permit is all that is....pulling a permit. He has to call for inspection before covering any work up. If that is not happening then he should not be doing the work. I know for a fact that he does solicite business while working for the city because I have witnessed it first hand. He will get caught and delt with by the city soon enough. This forum will probably be because of it. You put his name on here and if you have any questions call David Rainey with the city. If that doesn't cite your answer then call James Cantwell city manager.
Bowieite

Graham, TX

#13 Oct 2, 2011
Example a City of Bowie employee comes to your home or business to turn on the utilities/new service on and existing property and says that the utilities cannot be turned on unless you bring the property up to code and then tells you that he can do this work on the side, you don't see that as a conflict?????
disgusted

Burkburnett, TX

#14 Oct 2, 2011
He does use city equipment and city electrical supplies for his jobs that he solicites during work hours. He has been caught red handed stealing from the city several times. James Cantwell and Kirk's boss, Jay, also know this and all James does is tell him not to do it again. He is never asked to repay anything, he just goes on his way and does it again. Many city employees do the same thing and James does not care. Nothing will change until James is gone.
Man-with-a-boat

Frisco, TX

#15 Oct 2, 2011
This ia unbelievable to think that this corruption in happening in Bowie. Our tax dollars pay his salary and buys the materials for the city. What gives Hickey the right to take materials that belong to the city. If he has been caught in the act then why has Cantwell turn his head. This is total bull shit
Tom Kent

Burkburnett, TX

#16 Oct 2, 2011
Just saying that he has never provided anything from the city on any of my jobs and he has done several for me. I can not fault a man for doing his job with the city and then after his scheduled work hours does another job for himself. Sounds to me like he is going the extra mile to provide for his family. Now if he were using city property or supplies - that is different.
A man working 2 jobs is a hell of alot better than 1 man cooking meth.
JoeT

Wichita Falls, TX

#17 Oct 2, 2011
Tom Kent, sounds like you are the new Bowie crusader. Put your cape on and try to save Bowie you ass! Be sure and take your cape to Bowie cleaners as I am sure it is covered with BS!
Hunter

Frisco, TX

#18 Oct 3, 2011
And to think this guy is on the city payroll and our tax dollars fund the city expenses.
Tom Kent

Burkburnett, TX

#19 Oct 3, 2011
JoeT wrote:
Tom Kent, sounds like you are the new Bowie crusader. Put your cape on and try to save Bowie you ass! Be sure and take your cape to Bowie cleaners as I am sure it is covered with BS!
I see nothing wrong with a man trying to work extra to provide for his family. Sorry that you don't feel this way. If he were using city assets to do that - then yes, there is a problem but he has never done that with me.
As for the BS on my cape; my cleaners can get the BS, blood, guts, whine and cheese out of just about any material. No need to go elsewhere but thanks for your suggestion.
brit

Wichita Falls, TX

#20 Oct 4, 2011
JoeT wrote:
Any man that defends someone who did him an honest job, and put his own name behind it doesn't deserve to be mocked. Joe T, but your real name up. You're a feminine drama queen, who needs to quit slandering honest people if you're not man enough (and you're not)to back it up. Get off topix.com , Girl.
Bucky

Frisco, TX

#21 Oct 4, 2011
Why don't we go down to Rainey's office and see how may permits he has pulled. If they will not provide the info I am sure that the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation TDLR would open an investigation on this

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aug 7 Guest 1
Katie Mitchell (Dec '12) Aug 7 jane doe 7
Why don't black people live in Bowie? (Jun '12) Aug 4 Imeatingmyhead 108
Montague County Citizens are COWARDS! (Nov '09) Aug 4 Imeatingmyhead 46
brad mcintire (Jan '11) Aug 4 Imeatingmyhead 33
pissed off wife (Jun '11) Aug 4 Imeatingmyhead 83
Marvin Miller (Jul '16) Aug 3 ABC 10

Bowie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance