jim

Wichita Falls, TX

#21 Jun 22, 2008
Why can't you throw their sorry butts in jail for not paying child support? How does that work anyway? If they are not going to pay to support their children then they might as well be in jail if they are not sending any money. Who cares if they rot in jail!
not happy

De Queen, AR

#22 Jul 1, 2008
The child support that is arrears is put on hold for 120 days. They see if the state wants it. If the state does then the state gets itand you dont get it. It is still put on your case as they paid that money to you. No that isnt fair but what can we do? It is ordered that my ex get ins. for my son but doesnt even after saying he will.
voice of reason

Kennett Square, PA

#23 Jul 6, 2008
unkown not from Bowie wrote:
I think the law should be harder on dead beat dads. myself i havent got any money for a long time. What should I do!!!
Why is it "okay" for the "mother's" to move on with their life and say "settle down" and have a family but when it comes to the "father" it is not "okay" to do the same? Meaning: The father is a "dead beat" or required to work 40 hrs a week while the mother chooses not to work at all or pat-time while demanding a "paycheck" each month for child support. Seems "exhausting" to me to focus on "money" rather than "communication" and finding that medium especilly when times are "tough" right now the "mother" always talks down the father. I don't get it? Please explain, as one time he was "good" enough for something and now if you can't have him you'll take his money and "true" spend it on other things then what it suppose to go to. I am a mother of 2 girls to one man thank you and yes he does pay support to 1 child and she is married now but does not contribute to society but wants more and more money but who cares whether or not he sees his child, she does not,(the mother). I don't see how this is in the best interest of the child or the the "children" especially when there is no job security like there use to be and putting childrens father in jail is not the solution "mother's" so wake up and smell the coffee and think about the lives you are ruining and move on with your life as you only have one life to live! You hard working, work till you die dad's - this goes out to you as I agree from a "woman" you have no "rights".
jennifer

Etobicoke, Canada

#24 Apr 16, 2009
you know i was there for years trying to get support and never got a dime .he gets a job for 6 months .then quites and moves on .deadbeat DAD YOU KNOW WHO U ARE MIKE. so enjoy while u can......
Jeff Duke Sunset Texas

Pryor, OK

#25 Apr 21, 2009
I just want to make it clear, that not all dead beat Dads are Dads, I got custody of my 2 boys when they were 4 and 6 years old, my ex owed me 12,000.00 in back child support, We went to court, I reduced it to 7,000.00, I'f she would start paying, she agreed and did not, then we went to court again, she was put on 10 years probation, think that scared her into paying, it did not, the state should get tougher on DEAD BEAT PARENTS... not just DADS. some of us are good guys..
dads are good guys too

Tickfaw, LA

#26 Apr 22, 2009
i pay child support for my lil girl who lives there in bowie tx i have not seen my child its going on two years
. nor have i been allowed to even speak to her.ive been to court 7 times there in the pass 4 years. and each time nothing is every done about my rights or my lil girls right to have her daddy in her life.i have rasied my two sons from my frist marraige and i did not depend on the child surport that there mother pays.not much you can do when the system is broken . the courts dont care about you are your children nor do lawyers its all about the money money money .

ps if you see mariah tell her her daddy loves her with all his heart and he ll fight again reel soon
wENDY

Pleasanton, CA

#27 Apr 24, 2009
MY EX DAVID BAREFIELD OWES ME 185,000 IN BACK CHILD SUPPORT. MY SON RECENTLY GOT IN TROUBLE AND IS IN A GROUP HOME, THE STATE CAME AFTER ME AND i HAVE TO PAY 860 A MONTH AND THE LOSER DAD ONLY HAS TO PAY 91 A MONTH. WHERE IS THE JUSTICE IN THAT???
wENDY

Pleasanton, CA

#28 Apr 24, 2009
I am not from Salt lake city. I live in the bay area in California

Since: May 09

Whitney, TX

#29 May 1, 2009
I think the law should be harder on dead beat dads. myself i havent got any money for a long time. What should I do!!!
I think dead beat dads need to go to jail if their child support is not paid. I had to force my ex to pay support to his child, we finally settled all to back support when she turned 20. Hopw sorry is that

Since: May 09

Whitney, TX

#30 May 1, 2009
I took my ex to court through the attorney General because those children deserve both parents support. The attorney General is for the children
duck

Cross Plains, TX

#31 May 10, 2009
maybe if all of ya'll would have read the bible, got to know someone real well and maybe even get married before you started spittin out the babies none of you would be in this position, you might have had relationships that worked..... just joking..... seriously though you all have rights to have a court appointed attorny, may not be as good as one you spend the big bucks on but would deffinately be better than nothing.

Since: Apr 09

Altus, Ok

#32 May 14, 2009
you people who are taking up for dead beat parents have never had to raise a child/children on one income. It's hard! No the child support should not go in an account for the kids. If the parents were still together that money wouldnt go into an account it would go on bills or grocery's. So if the guardian gets child support and it goes on bills, the child is better taken care of that way. Now if child support is paid & the guardian doesnt keep a roof over the childs head and clothes on them, then the payee should say something. The guardian diserves help and that support.
NotWow

Union Star, MO

#33 May 14, 2009
duck wrote:
seriously though you all have rights to have a court appointed attorny
Not in civil court. In criminal court, yes, civil and administrative courts = no.
Meetoo

Lewisville, TX

#34 May 16, 2009
you should discuss this with the sheriff. I think hey are the ones who locally enforce this.
Lady Justice

Kittanning, PA

#35 May 17, 2009
What pisses me off is how deadbeat Dad AND MOM say I am not paying anything because they won't let me see my kid.

Well, regardless if you see that child or not it still HAS TO EAT< HAVE CLOTHES AND A PLACE to LIVE, so why not get a lawyer and see your child that way instead of making excuses not to send money. I know( I THINKI KNOW) that food clothing diaper ect do NOT count as child support \. Why not take these things anyway and that child will still growing up know mom or dad cared for them even if they could not see them. DOes that make since?
Cruex

Houston, TX

#36 May 17, 2009
not one bit of sense.
Lady Justice

Kittanning, PA

#37 May 17, 2009
Let me check a few things, I know my daughter went the the A.G. and it didn't cost her anything, they take it out of the fathers pay check and send to her, and he had to pay the P.D.
I have not had to deal with this problem but I now many of my friends have! I have never understood how one parent wants nothing to do with the "child" and then when the "child" is grown here they come wanting to play mommmy or daddy and the sad thing is the "child" falls for it. I can help you find information if you need me to.
Lady Justice wrote:
What pisses me off is how deadbeat Dad AND MOM say I am not paying anything because they won't let me see my kid.
Well, regardless if you see that child or not it still HAS TO EAT< HAVE CLOTHES AND A PLACE to LIVE, so why not get a lawyer and see your child that way instead of making excuses not to send money. I know( I THINK I KNOW) that food clothing diaper ect do NOT count as child support \. Why not take these things anyway and that child will still growing up know mom or dad cared for them even if they could not see them. Does that make since?
<quoted text>
Kona

Nocona, TX

#38 May 19, 2009
The system is not fair to the fathers. First the only thing the attorney genral cares about is how many $ he can say he collected for the child support system. I know as I pay and receive support. Every 3 years my account get audited, and every 3 years my support increases, which is fine I owe what I owe. Now with that being said, the person who is supposed to pay child support to me, holds a job for about 6 months and then goes without paying for about 4. This has been the norm over the years, until the last 6 years and a steady job has been held. But she has never been audited, nor has the amount gone up. I gotta wonder why.
Mr Happy

Wichita Falls, TX

#39 May 22, 2009
Idea! start dating outside of Montague county where the number of dead-beat loser guys will significantly lower. Move outta the sticks people.
real world

Oklahoma City, OK

#40 Jun 1, 2009
you think every bit of child support should go for the child, what if one day it stops coming in for say 2 years and the father cant be found or he went to prison who buys cloths,food,xmas,birthday gifts,school pictures? Who buys the presents for a friends birthday party or you have to pay for a school shirt because the teacher said.What about school supplies coats ,school lunches.I could go on but you get what im saying.These are things that have to be paid with or most likely without support.What ever they pay its not near enough.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Truth is might 19,500
Zippy''s Tacos 13 hr Jean 18
Tiffany whitman 13 hr hdjsbdj 1
Bowie Police Find Charred Body in Burn Pit 21 hr jessica 51
Daycare in Bowie (May '14) Thu momofboys 5
child molestors in bowie (Apr '12) Thu Mum 54
Two Arrested in Connection with Injury to a Child (Apr '12) Thu jessica 32
Bowie Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Bowie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Bowie News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bowie

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:58 pm PST

Bleacher Report12:58PM
Will the Philadelphia Eagles Miss the Playoffs?
NBC Sports 1:01 PM
Cowboys' Murray listed as questionable for Colts - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:10 PM
DeAndre Hopkins questionable after sitting out third straight practice
NBC Sports 3:16 PM
DeMarco Murray is determined to play
NBC Sports 4:14 PM
Ryan Mallett wants to be the Texans' QB next season