dead beat dads that dont pay child support

Posted in the Bowie Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
unkown not from Bowie

Troy, MI

#1 May 18, 2008
I think the law should be harder on dead beat dads. myself i havent got any money for a long time. What should I do!!!
tammy

AOL

#2 May 18, 2008
what is sad is when you raise your children without any childsupport, then your child has a child and the deadbeat dad comes and uses his money that he saved for 18 years and takes the grandchild and doesnt let you see her.......what shoud i do about that? i know hire a lawyer......he has more money than i do so how can i hire a lawyer?
philthepill

Douglas, WY

#3 May 19, 2008
i gotta buddy that hasnt worked for 5 years so his child support will be low. he always talks horribly about the situation in front of the 6 yearold kid. ive asked the kid when his father isnt around if he understood what his father is saying, and the kid says "yeah" and hangs his head in shame. what can I do about this situaiton? i dont talk to the mother and if i did the father would know exactly who said what!
unkown not from Bowie

Troy, MI

#4 May 21, 2008
philthepill wrote:
i gotta buddy that hasnt worked for 5 years so his child support will be low. he always talks horribly about the situation in front of the 6 yearold kid. ive asked the kid when his father isnt around if he understood what his father is saying, and the kid says "yeah" and hangs his head in shame. what can I do about this situaiton? i dont talk to the mother and if i did the father would know exactly who said what!
if can't work thir our other ways like SS or somthing that he can do.
unkown not from Bowie

Troy, MI

#5 May 21, 2008
tammy wrote:
what is sad is when you raise your children without any childsupport, then your child has a child and the deadbeat dad comes and uses his money that he saved for 18 years and takes the grandchild and doesnt let you see her.......what shoud i do about that? i know hire a lawyer......he has more money than i do so how can i hire a lawyer?
You have righs have you tryed court appoint lawyer or west Texas legal sev.
not happy

Nocona, TX

#6 May 23, 2008
Ok my problem is both. I pay child support on my son and dont get to see him. His father moves around and changes jobs alot just so i cant find him. So i am not a dead beat mom. As far as my other son his father is behind on child support and dont pay. I dont think that is right either. 3 years and nothing. As for unknown not from bowie i have tried to use legal aid they turned the case away. Some lawyers will let you pay it out with only 500.00 down to start and 100.00 a month until paid.
kown

Troy, MI

#7 Jun 3, 2008
not happy wrote:
Ok my problem is both. I pay child support on my son and dont get to see him. His father moves around and changes jobs alot just so i cant find him. So i am not a dead beat mom. As far as my other son his father is behind on child support and dont pay. I dont think that is right either. 3 years and nothing. As for unknown not from bowie i have tried to use legal aid they turned the case away. Some lawyers will let you pay it out with only 500.00 down to start and 100.00 a month until paid.
well you can report that to the child support poeple and tell them what he does. And see if that helps Sorry that your ex-is.(how can put that without being rude)maybe a -ick sorry for that but you have rights too SO I pray you keep trying dont give up
not happy

Dallas, TX

#8 Jun 5, 2008
I am not giving up. I have called the ag office and they tell me that visitation isn't their problem and to get a lawyer. They are only here for the child support enforcement.

Since: Mar 07

AOL

#9 Jun 6, 2008
did you know that if you are behind on child support and they catch up with you. you start paying the arrears but it does not go to the children. the ag office keeps it. how is that for justice for our children
unknow

Troy, MI

#10 Jun 7, 2008
spirt of God wrote:
did you know that if you are behind on child support and they catch up with you. you start paying the arrears but it does not go to the children. the ag office keeps it. how is that for justice for our children
That is not true the only way they keep it is if you get AFDC so if you dont get that it all goes to the child but the state gonig to get there frist.

AOL

#11 Jun 8, 2008
unknow wrote:
<quoted text>That is not true the only way they keep it is if you get AFDC so if you dont get that it all goes to the child but the state gonig to get there frist.
my ex owed 17,000 back pay. no afdc and the children didnt get any of that money. so where did it go?
Felix in Denton Co

Garland, TX

#12 Jun 11, 2008
spirt of God wrote:
<quoted text>
my ex owed 17,000 back pay. no afdc and the children didnt get any of that money. so where did it go?
Medicaid benefits are considered AFDC.

AOL

#13 Jun 12, 2008
Felix in Denton Co wrote:
<quoted text>
Medicaid benefits are considered AFDC.
the government keeps the money that is due to the children. if you get medicaide then they keep your child support. i thought the purpose of child support is for the children. if they were paying you would still be drawing medicaide. so the government chooses to keep the money instead of setting up an account for the children. why punish the dead beat for not paying when the children do not get the money anyway!
Wow

Whitney, TX

#14 Jun 12, 2008
The children don't get the money even if it is paid directly to the 'mother'.

Case in point, to quote the OP:
"myself i havent got any money for a long time."

I'm all for child support payments, but only with accountability. I know too many people receiving these payments that use them to buy cigarettes, or pay a mortgage payment in Plano... not for clothes for the kids, or to put food on their plates.

It's CHILD SUPPORT, not free rent for you and your new loser boyfriend.
Felix in Denton Co

Garland, TX

#15 Jun 13, 2008
Wow wrote:
I'm all for child support payments, but only with accountability. I know too many people receiving these payments that use them to buy cigarettes, or pay a mortgage payment in Plano... not for clothes for the kids, or to put food on their plates.
Do these children you speak of live in the home in Plano? What do you expect the child support to go for, than to put a roof over the kids heads? Do you expect the mom to itemize out the food for the kids when she buys groceries at Walmart and only put the child support towards rice crispy cereal and apple juice? Really.
Felix in Denton Co

Garland, TX

#16 Jun 13, 2008
Wow wrote:
What would you consider "accountability"? You want to see each and every reciept? Wanna come over and do the taxes, buy the school clothes, add up the gas reciepts from being the child's taxi service? Come on! Get real. The NCP is to pay support for the child, and it goes towards the household, and yes in many cases reimburses the mother who paid her money, well over 100% of her share. I know too many deadbeat parents who gripe about not being able to pay their piddly-ass child support, but they can still afford their cigerettes and their brand spankin new pickup trucks.
Felix in Denton Co

Garland, TX

#17 Jun 13, 2008
spirt of God wrote:
<quoted text>
the government keeps the money that is due to the children. if you get medicaide then they keep your child support. i thought the purpose of child support is for the children. if they were paying you would still be drawing medicaide. so the government chooses to keep the money instead of setting up an account for the children. why punish the dead beat for not paying when the children do not get the money anyway!
If the deadbeat was paying, AND providing medical insurance like most court orders stipulate, then the child wouldn't need to be on Medicaid, and the child support money would then go towards the child.(Wow... deadbeats have an excuse for everything, don't they.)
Wow

Cross Plains, TX

#18 Jun 14, 2008
"Do these children you speak of live in the home in Plano? What do you expect the child support to go for, than to put a roof over the kids heads?"

They had a perfectly good home that was paid off 10 miles from where they live now... problem is the whore's new hubby knocked her up and they needed a bigger pad for the little half breed.

"What would you consider "accountability"? You want to see each and every reciept? Wanna come over and do the taxes, buy the school clothes, add up the gas reciepts from being the child's taxi service?"

Yes.

You think that's unrealistic? You're getting $600+ free a month, and you don't want to account for your spending? Pathetic moocher.

Also- I before E, EXCEPT after C
tammy

AOL

#19 Jun 17, 2008
i think the money should go into accounts for the children. also felix in denton. not everyone has the option for insurance for themselves let alone the children. the court orders usually stipulate if you have an option for insurance then you are to provide it. if not then you arent required. that all depends on your employer whether you can purchase insurance or not. now as to whether the attoney general should keep back child support. i think that is wrong. when the deadbeats start paying or if it is withheld from there income tax it should still go to the children, even if it is set up for schooling purposes. it should not go to the AG because the parent had to have medicaid.
mcm

Muenster, TX

#20 Jun 18, 2008
the taxpayers should be reimbursed for providing for your children. afdc and medicaid are not FREE!
the AG is collecting my back child support for me, but that is because i didn't use any of the programs. and no, it will not go to my child.
it will pay off the debt i racked up having to pay for medical/dental,food,clothing, rent and electrical all myself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 2 hr K 678
Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 4 hr Fossilfarts 19,222
Ritzy Rags 11 hr benic87 2
Moving the Mexican Border 13 hr grilled cheese 7
moving to bowie tx?? (Oct '08) Fri Wanting_Simplicity 80
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Fri Manny 535
New city. Of Bowie code compliance Thu Go New code girl 32
Bowie Dating
Find my Match

Bowie Jobs

Bowie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Bowie News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bowie