Trash Man-How hard is it to do your job?
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Lisa

United States

#62 Aug 23, 2013
sean WM wrote:
<quoted text>
I know this is an old post but people like mommy dearest are so ignorant. Yeah I ride around doing nothing all day. And when I get on and off the back of the truck over 500 times a day to lift an average of 80 lbs per stop its obviously with ease right? I dont no any marathon runners that burn up to 4000 calories a day in the summer. Soooooo sorry your put out because your cans are not perfect. I also probably make three times your your salary lol .eat it you lazy jerks
I never once complained about my cans so don't know where u got that one and as for my salary, I'm the boss at IESI so I highly doubt u make anything close to me.
fedupwithlowlife s

Jacksonville, FL

#64 May 29, 2014
x-trash chunker wrote:
you sound like you could use the exercise. you only have to walk a few feet once to move your can. they have to move thousands of feet a day to get cans and put them back. cut them some slack because the could just skip your trash for a week or so until you raise enough hell that a supervisor comes to see if it has been picked up . or they could bring you some one's smelly trash and put it in your can. that would shut your whinny ass up. if you think you can do a better job at it I here they are always hiring.
Hey x-trash chucker, just had my trash guy pick up my can over his head, slam it down on the street breaking it in half. he thought is was a little too heavy...even if it was, the unprofessional and angry aggressive behavior continually shows the hiring standards for these guys, uneducated, temperamental, and not able to perform a job that someone with a -15 IQ can do. You keep defending these guys, not even capable of admitting the the issues exposed at hand.... to be perfectly honest, you sound like one of those pretentious trash guys who thinks they deserve more money for doing a dirty, taxing job. they should fire all of you guys, and give the jobs to people that actually want to work and that pride in what there are doing.
think back

Grandview, TX

#65 May 29, 2014
My goodness! We have certainly become spoiled as the centuries have gone by. Our ancestors should have had it so good. Try being thankful for all that we have before it is taken from us by God only knows what or who.
Your Trashman

Toledo, OH

#66 Aug 20, 2015
I'm a garbage man, and if you only know the bs nasty shit people put out house after house. Nothing like waking up at 430 in the morning and picking up rancid unbagged garbage that's been out in the sun all day and stuck in a old truck with no AC picking up compost at the same time for 12 hours. Then going back to the yard and having the foreman yell at you for going slow for only have 30 tonnes. Do you really think we care where your can lands after we toss it? People who complain about shit like this are lazy fucks who need to grow a pair, It won't kill you to take your cans back before work.
Bow tie

United States

#67 Aug 21, 2015
Your Trashman wrote:
I'm a garbage man, and if you only know the bs nasty shit people put out house after house. Nothing like waking up at 430 in the morning and picking up rancid unbagged garbage that's been out in the sun all day and stuck in a old truck with no AC picking up compost at the same time for 12 hours. Then going back to the yard and having the foreman yell at you for going slow for only have 30 tonnes. Do you really think we care where your can lands after we toss it? People who complain about shit like this are lazy fucks who need to grow a pair, It won't kill you to take your cans back before work.
I for one appreciate the job you guys do at IESI
Those who are bitching about your cans need to get a life and shut up. These guys do a great job
x-trash chucker

Wichita Falls, TX

#68 Sep 22, 2015
fedupwithlowlifes wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey x-trash chucker, just had my trash guy pick up my can over his head, slam it down on the street breaking it in half. he thought is was a little too heavy...even if it was, the unprofessional and angry aggressive behavior continually shows the hiring standards for these guys, uneducated, temperamental, and not able to perform a job that someone with a -15 IQ can do. You keep defending these guys, not even capable of admitting the the issues exposed at hand.... to be perfectly honest, you sound like one of those pretentious trash guys who thinks they deserve more money for doing a dirty, taxing job. they should fire all of you guys, and give the jobs to people that actually want to work and that pride in what there are doing.
I haven't been On a trash truck in 21 years. If you will notice the guys standing in the unemployment line with you are a bunch of lazy idiots like yourself. You don't want to work but expect premium pay.
Any person that can get a good job has one. Most of the people they hire now are wetbacks with stolen social security cards or felons. I agree they are probably unprofessional but you cause most of that. Your story is completely made up for topix. All of bowie uses roll carts with flippers on the truck. They pull the truck up to the cart and it grabs it and dumps it. Lazy a$s people like you park your car in front of the cart then they have to get out and move it. That pisses them off when you do it every single time, have a little courtesy get off you lazy as$ and move the cart or your car. The roll carts are super tough you cant pick one up over your head and slam it. If you did it would just bounce. People have hit them with cars and it just breaks the lid. Quit being part of the problem and take a little initiative and make it better. These guys come to your hose and take the crap you throw away every week. If they skipped you for a week you might appreciate them a little more. Bring the guy a cold drink and see how much better things will be. He will be willing to haul off all kinds of stuff for you heavy or light.
Trashman

Houston, TX

#69 Oct 3, 2015
When I worked for the city back in the day and we knew who the complainer was we would find a dead animal and leave it in there trash can to ferment for the week then have the supervisor pick that can up as if there was a problem. Lol two birds with one stone.
Youarestoopid

Dallas, TX

#70 Sep 25, 2016
Annoyed wrote:
This is to my trash man...
How freaking difficult is it to put the trash can back where you got it? I'm not asking you to move it far away, but to just put it where it goes. DO NOT keep putting the trash cans in my driveway!!! I do not put it in the driveway for you to pick up, therefore I do not expect you to leave it in the middle of my driveway!!! All your lazy butt has to do is move it over two or three feet where we ALWAYS leave for you. How hard is it? This has been happening for years and I have had enough!!
Maybe you could take your lazy ass that extra 2 or 3 feet and quit whining you wuss
sammyscroll

Philadelphia, PA

#71 Nov 29, 2016
My trash can is always left out in the street at least four or five houses down from my house. Why can't it be left in front of my house where it was originally? It rained like hell today and had t walk in the damn rain to retrieve my trash can....a total disgrace on the part of the workers. I'm 82 years old and I really don't appreciate walking in the rain and getting soaked to the skin. A total disgrace...and to think that I gave out cold cokes in the hot summer days to the sanitation workers because I felt sorry for them; got news for you....no more good guy. They are not worth that courtesy.
john doe

Abilene, TX

#72 Nov 29, 2016
sammyscroll wrote:
My trash can is always left out in the street at least four or five houses down from my house. Why can't it be left in front of my house where it was originally? It rained like hell today and had t walk in the damn rain to retrieve my trash can....a total disgrace on the part of the workers. I'm 82 years old and I really don't appreciate walking in the rain and getting soaked to the skin. A total disgrace...and to think that I gave out cold cokes in the hot summer days to the sanitation workers because I felt sorry for them; got news for you....no more good guy. They are not worth that courtesy.
I came home to find my mail box laying flat on the ground, it was anchored on a pipe and cemented into the ground. The garbage truck knocked it clean out of the ground while trying to pick up the trash can. If not for neighbors all being outside seeing it happen, I am sure they would have left without a word, and I would be clueless.
PdotK

Freehold, NJ

#73 Apr 12, 2017
mommy dearest wrote:
They move thousands of feet a day? R u kidding me? Their riding around in a truck not walking a marathon.
I'm a garbage man... I move thousands of feet a day.
SavageTrashMan

Severn, MD

#74 May 24, 2017
I worked as a trash man for 1+ years. It's not easy you run all day bust your buttand hear people complain about where the trash can is placed. I have never complained about your trash spilled on the ground, can not even on the curb I just pick that shit up and move on. And yes we really work hard go out there on a 85+ degree day and run from 5:30Am to 3:30 Pm.
SavageTrashMan

Severn, MD

#75 May 24, 2017
sammyscroll wrote:
My trash can is always left out in the street at least four or five houses down from my house. Why can't it be left in front of my house where it was originally? It rained like hell today and had t walk in the damn rain to retrieve my trash can....a total disgrace on the part of the workers. I'm 82 years old and I really don't appreciate walking in the rain and getting soaked to the skin. A total disgrace...and to think that I gave out cold cokes in the hot summer days to the sanitation workers because I felt sorry for them; got news for you....no more good guy. They are not worth that courtesy.
Imagine we run 10+ hours a day and I have had 60-70+ year old men working at this trash company also we work hard... we don't control where your trash can ends up. You must be some rich snob a that always gets your way we work way harder than you ever have.
SavageTrashMan

Severn, MD

#76 May 24, 2017
PdotK wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a garbage man... I move thousands of feet a day.
He thinks that trash gets pulled to the truck and thrown by the invisible man hahaha.
Trashmanswife

United States

#77 Sep 2, 2017
My husband is a trash man. I'm reading these laughing! Saying they don't walk that much they ride on the back of a truck... ya. They do ride on the truck. AND they get off, pick up heavy, wet, smelly trash. Most people don't bag their trash. They throw it in a can. Therefore dumping it, it spills out. After a few hours of lifting couches, wood, heavy trash, yard clean up and dog crap, their arms and legs are tired. They lift a few ton a HOUR!!!!! I have followed him ands recorded him. He comes home exhausted and smelly! Feet swollen. In the winter and rain, he's so wet and cold, his feet are water logged and peeling. If a trash man is leaving ur cans in ur drive way, or behind ur car, it's because u either made ur cans too heavy or u did something wrong. Think before u speak. Their job is not easy by any means. In fact, it's one of the most dangerous! Look it up and educate yourself!
king of double wide

United States

#78 Sep 2, 2017
You're really going to complain about the man that handles your dirty trash.... give the man a break sit a cold beer on top of can and leave to poor man alone

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tiffany osbourn 2 hr Lmao 2
Crackheads (Feb '11) Jun 13 jeffreyshay 40
Keith Poe Jun 12 An old acquaintance 1
Michelle Smith (May '17) Jun 8 The butcher baker 10
Nicole white (Sep '17) Jun 7 Goodgosh 9
BHS Parking Lot June/5/2018 Jun 6 Anonymous 1
Wise county boys May 30 TBone25 1

Bowie Jobs

Personal Finance

Bowie Mortgages