First Prev
of 5
Next Last
tammy

Salina, OK

#1 Oct 19, 2009
well they are back again. i am so sick of these people thinking they know everything and cant read there own reports to see the conflicting stories. lol. what stupid people who think they helping
Notsonewintown

Napa, CA

#2 Oct 20, 2009
I have been involved with CPS on several occasions and I am yet to find anything good about them. I am sure there is a need for some sort of agency that truly is there to protect children from real danger, but the people working for such an agency need to have a little common sense. Case overload is no excuse for lying and having incorrect reports. I cannot find anything good to say about them. The state could probably find a better way to spend the money they put into this agency. I feel they do much more harm than good.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#3 Oct 21, 2009
What're they doing now?
texas angel

Santa Clara, CA

#4 Jan 6, 2010
the only time i have had cps called was when someone was mad at me for some stupid reason. of course the case was dropped. but it really makes me upset to see people use the system that way. what about the kids that really need help. but they cant get it in time cause cps is knocking on my door. maybe they should investigate the people who called in the first place.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#5 Jan 7, 2010
You should probably demand they file charges. It is a state jail felony to file a false report with CPS.
WhereThereIsSmok e

Desoto, TX

#6 Jan 7, 2010
tammy wrote:
well they are back again. i am so sick of these people thinking they know everything and cant read there own reports to see the conflicting stories. lol. what stupid people who think they helping
As the old saying goes, "Where there is smoke, there is fire." If CPS has been called on you "again" as you said, then there is probably a reason. The staff of CPS have some of the hardest jobs around; they see what most of us only fear. They are advocates for all children. On a side note, I do find it funny that you complain about CPS staff not being able to read their own reports; I had trouble reading yours with all the spelling mistakes. It is "can't" not "cant" and "their" not "there." Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Since: Oct 09

Bowie, Texas

#7 Jan 7, 2010
I have complaints about CPS Staff too! I have been nothing but cooperative with the investigators I have been in contact with and yet they come with an attitude, tell you lies, don't listen to reason and threaten to throw you in jail for a report that was made in retalliation for some action that made someone mad. I was involved with them in a prior case where they brought me 3 kids for a weekend (temporary basis) with nothing but the clothes on their backs. Nine months later after I purchased them clothes and shoes and got them going to school clean and regularly, they came and took them away because I asked too many questions. My question was "If I can't abandon my kids somewhere w/o going to jail, how can they?" AND, after being told, that if they ever needed to take the kids, to let us know and we would explain it to the kids and bring them in. No, they couldn't do that, they had to come to the house with 3 deputies who stood around with their hand on their guns, and threatened to shoot my dog. That's why I have a problem with CPS!
The Dad

AOL

#8 Jan 11, 2010
Notsonewintown wrote:
I have complaints about CPS Staff too! I have been nothing but cooperative with the investigators I have been in contact with and yet they come with an attitude, tell you lies, don't listen to reason and threaten to throw you in jail for a report that was made in retalliation for some action that made someone mad. I was involved with them in a prior case where they brought me 3 kids for a weekend (temporary basis) with nothing but the clothes on their backs. Nine months later after I purchased them clothes and shoes and got them going to school clean and regularly, they came and took them away because I asked too many questions. My question was "If I can't abandon my kids somewhere w/o going to jail, how can they?" AND, after being told, that if they ever needed to take the kids, to let us know and we would explain it to the kids and bring them in. No, they couldn't do that, they had to come to the house with 3 deputies who stood around with their hand on their guns, and threatened to shoot my dog. That's why I have a problem with CPS!
It sounds like you have more problems than you realize.
tammy

Warner Robins, GA

#9 Jan 11, 2010
WhereThereIsSmoke wrote:
<quoted text>
As the old saying goes, "Where there is smoke, there is fire." If CPS has been called on you "again" as you said, then there is probably a reason. The staff of CPS have some of the hardest jobs around; they see what most of us only fear. They are advocates for all children. On a side note, I do find it funny that you complain about CPS staff not being able to read their own reports; I had trouble reading yours with all the spelling mistakes. It is "can't" not "cant" and "their" not "there." Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
well the spelling is not what this forum is about but thank you for telling me how to spell. my house not glass it brick and i dont play in rocks. there are people to tell lies to cause someone misery because they are miserable. but anyway, i hate that place and am free of it all.
tammy

Warner Robins, GA

#10 Jan 11, 2010
cps is supposed to help families if i am not mistaken. well montague county cps tore this family apart. so people should pay more attention to cps and put a stop to their control

Since: Oct 09

Bowie, Texas

#11 Jan 11, 2010
The Dad wrote:
<quoted text> It sounds like you have more problems than you realize.
I realize where my problems are. I just think there needs to be a "watch dog" on CPS and the case workers need to be held accountable for the case outcome and their personal behaviors on the job. It doesn't appear that there is any type of quality control on their services.
ucantfoolme

United States

#12 Jan 14, 2010
"the dad" you are completely right. The kids got taken for a reason obviously. don't run if you ain't got nothing to hide. cps is ok if you ain't doing nothing wrong
wondering

United States

#13 Jan 16, 2010
CPS will not file charges on any false reports. 1. they cant let anyone know who called CPS to report abuse and 2. CPS has to check all cases that get called in, regardless if they are false or not!! Ya'll should have to deal with an evil step momma who thinks CPS is there to make my life hell, but its not, after awhile of false reports on one individual they will stop investigating. Its sad cause there are children that really need the help of CPS and the "crazies" use it as a weapon against undeserving ppl and children. Everytime they call on you they go to the school, pull kids outa class and interview them right there, how embarrassing for the kids!!!!
tammy

Warner Robins, GA

#14 Jan 16, 2010
wondering wrote:
CPS will not file charges on any false reports. 1. they cant let anyone know who called CPS to report abuse and 2. CPS has to check all cases that get called in, regardless if they are false or not!! Ya'll should have to deal with an evil step momma who thinks CPS is there to make my life hell, but its not, after awhile of false reports on one individual they will stop investigating. Its sad cause there are children that really need the help of CPS and the "crazies" use it as a weapon against undeserving ppl and children. Everytime they call on you they go to the school, pull kids outa class and interview them right there, how embarrassing for the kids!!!!
u are right, it is embarrasing for the kids. but not all step momma's are evil and there are some kids who will tell whatever and whoever to get u to feel sorry for them. and no cps does not thoroughly investigate the claims, if they did then they would know when the kids are lying or telling the truth
wondering

United States

#15 Jan 16, 2010
Children want to protect their parents that's why they lie for them,they don't want to be taken away. And not all reports are because of a child, some people really think its game to use it for their own personal vendetta. That's so cruel to think that children lie out of deceit, especially when CPS is involved, Tammy so sorry that you have no trust in our future.
tammy

Warner Robins, GA

#16 Jan 16, 2010
wondering wrote:
Children want to protect their parents that's why they lie for them,they don't want to be taken away. And not all reports are because of a child, some people really think its game to use it for their own personal vendetta. That's so cruel to think that children lie out of deceit, especially when CPS is involved, Tammy so sorry that you have no trust in our future.
u are absolutely right i have no trust in the worlds future. i only trust my future. the whole town, county, and state as far as i am concerned needs to get a grip on reality and open their eyes to see the truth and not what someone else said is the truth. it is very sad that their are children that have been taught to manipulate everyone around so they can get their own way and it is even sadder when a parent lets their child take the punishment of something that is theirs. i prefer not to do either one. i prefer to teach that if u did it u own up to it regardless of the consquences and if u tell the truth from the beginning then no one has to suffer from the lies

Since: Oct 09

Bowie, Texas

#17 Jan 17, 2010
For "ucantfoolme",that's where you are wrong. You can be the best parent around and if someone gets mad at you, they can call cps anonymously and say ANYTHING aboout you. When cps shows up at your door, you have no idea what someone has accused you of. And believe me, in cps's eyes you are in the wrong. It's just the attitude they have. You may not have any kids so you may not be able to be put in this situation. But believe me, it happens.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#18 Jan 17, 2010
Notsonewintown wrote:
For "ucantfoolme",that's where you are wrong. You can be the best parent around and if someone gets mad at you, they can call cps anonymously and say ANYTHING aboout you. When cps shows up at your door, you have no idea what someone has accused you of. And believe me, in cps's eyes you are in the wrong. It's just the attitude they have. You may not have any kids so you may not be able to be put in this situation. But believe me, it happens.
Probably why they're quite often likened to Nazis... or, more accurately, the Gestapo.
Confused

Wichita Falls, TX

#19 Mar 5, 2010
I can't figure these people out, they'll call out of the blue and when you tell them you will cooperate but want to have a lawyer involved...they don't call back for weeks. Is time not of the essence? Do lawyers make them automatically suspicous of you? It's America, we have rights, ecspecially when you have proof of someone threatening you with CPS because they are mad at you.
caveman

Wichita Falls, TX

#20 Mar 7, 2010
I have called the cps when my children were really in danger, the mother was doing all kinds of harmful to them. The children were living without water and electricity. She was leaving the children here and there with strangers. They had scabies all over them. I called the cps numerous times. It took a total of 2 1/2 years before they ever did any thing. I finally got custody. But she was never punished for what she done to the kids. Now the kids live with me but they all have emotional problems. I have to take them to conselors. What gets me is why haven't criminal charges been filed on this woman. She just walked away scott free.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brad Keck as AD Feb 14 NHS indian for life 3
Wes Bullard Feb 7 watch out 2
stetson gaines Feb 7 nark-nark 1
Brandon Earp for 97 District Judge. (Sep '11) Feb 5 weno beda 114
I like redheads Feb 1 Red head lover 1
News Tarrant students take to the streets (Mar '06) Jan 31 FART SANDWICH 6
Students allowed to have knives at BHS? Jan 30 Donna 7

Bowie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bowie Mortgages