First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Ghost

United States

#1 Sep 25, 2010
The taboo question. What portion of Bowie do you believe is involved with the KKK? There are no African-American's there. They've even named a road after their hanging tree.
Anonymous

Wichita Falls, TX

#2 Sep 25, 2010
oh god, go on with this b.s. Thats the reason we have no blacks, and we dont want any blacks! We even have a black man road! and hangin tree rd, still has the hangin tree, and i dont believe any of us are scared to us it!
ditters

Wichita Falls, TX

#3 Sep 25, 2010
igottafeelin wrote:
oh god, go on with this b.s. Thats the reason we have no blacks, and we dont want any blacks! We even have a black man road! and hangin tree rd, still has the hangin tree, and i dont believe any of us are scared to us it!
You are a friggin' idiot!
ditters

Wichita Falls, TX

#4 Sep 25, 2010
Ghost wrote:
The taboo question. What portion of Bowie do you believe is involved with the KKK? There are no African-American's there. They've even named a road after their hanging tree.
Are there card carrying KKK'ers in this town? Who knows but most people in Bowie are prejudiced as hell. In the old days people here just ran them out of town or worse - that's why there are no blacks here.
As you can see from the from igottafeelin' response they're proud of what they did/do.

Since: Sep 10

Bowie, TX

#5 Sep 25, 2010
igottafeelin wrote:
and i dont believe any of us are scared to us it!
It really is a shame that all of the racist imbeciles around here don't utilize that hanging tree more often...and assuage Montague County citizens of the existential burden that results from being identified with racist beliefs based simply on locality of residence.

As for the KKK, there may be some people around here who support their misguided cause, but Id wager that those folks are the exception rather than the rule.
TheReason

Dallas, TX

#6 Sep 25, 2010
I can assure you that any card carrying KKK member that is residing in this area should keep that affiliation confidential lest they make themselves a target of the same vigilance and same means that they promote. You know how some of us crazy white people are. We have no room in this town for that KKK kind of shit. We have enough problems already dont you think?
WhatEver

Charlotte, NC

#7 Sep 25, 2010
there was a kkk rally in the bowie rodeo grounds about 10-12yrs ago, no one tried to hide it
hwy59

United States

#8 Sep 25, 2010
WhatEver wrote:
there was a kkk rally in the bowie rodeo grounds about 10-12yrs ago, no one tried to hide it
Yeah, they came from out of town and the ones from here that went were there to protest the KKK.
confused

Electra, TX

#9 Sep 25, 2010
I though KKK stood for King Karl Klemment
WhatEver

United States

#10 Sep 25, 2010
hwy59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, they came from out of town and the ones from here that went were there to protest the KKK.
From the comments above, that is not true.
YaYa

Euless, TX

#11 Sep 25, 2010
What a bunch of friggin idiots!
whogaf

United States

#12 Nov 25, 2010
Need to use the tree for more productive activities, like hanging meth heads and white trash! Maybe we can run them out of town as well!

Bellevue, TX

#13 Nov 26, 2010
Not sure about the KKK. I see little offense taken to Blacks in the area. Now then, if there were an organization against - let's say meth heads, ex-sheriff's, puppy mills and white trash housing. Well then I bet we could fill the rodeo grounds arena to overflowing status.
The major problem we have in this county is not blacks - it's druggies and the people who rent to them. They don't "OWN" their own places. So, some of our "good" citizens of Bowie are renting to them. Do you think that when they interview / collect the rent they don't know what kind of people they are renting too? No where to live / rent - they move somewhere else.
Loop277

United States

#14 Nov 26, 2010
How'd they feel bout mexicans?
gus

Wichita Falls, TX

#15 Nov 27, 2010
Viva la gente. Nobody cares what color anybody is, if you try to be a decent person, it's just the least of everyone's worries.

Bellevue, TX

#16 Nov 27, 2010
White, yellow, black or brown - if your working and a productive member of the community - well then bring it on. We have enough food stamp, lazy - don't want a job or rather don't want to work people.
Sassafras

United States

#17 Nov 27, 2010
Ghost wrote:
YOU are a race baiter!! Hate to burst your bubble but there are some American-Africans in Bowie and Montague county and I think the hanging tree was for those who wanted to cause trouble where there was none, you know something like you are trying to do and horse thieves. You might want to get a job and do something useful with your pitiful life.
claude balls

Gainesville, TX

#18 Nov 27, 2010
Sassafras wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU are a race baiter!! Hate to burst your bubble but there are some American-Africans in Bowie and Montague county and I think the hanging tree was for those who wanted to cause trouble where there was none, you know something like you are trying to do and horse thieves. You might want to get a job and do something useful with your pitiful life.
According to the most recent U.S. cencus, Montague County has 0.18% black or AA citizens, which means of the 19117 citizens,there are 34.41 blacks in Montague County. There are probably more blacks driving thru Montague at any given time... just the facts!

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#20 Dec 16, 2010
Sure, Bowie just happens to not have any black population. I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#21 Dec 16, 2010
weve got more blacks then yall think. go to walmart after midnight

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bowie memorial hospital taxes 12 min no more taxes 2
bowie hospital-must read Sun brownin 27
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Sat Field of Farts 819
Stealing from walmart (Feb '13) Sat sticky me 17
Election Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) Sat Big bad john 19,725
Commercial building to rent in bowie Sat Looking 1
Zach Anderson (Aug '14) Sat howdy 23
More from around the web

Bowie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]