“This is Joyce”

Since: Dec 13

Avondale, Arizona

#18600 Jul 11, 2014
SJM wrote:
<quoted text>
In many ways, actually. This is just the latest. Apparently, deadly chemicals are being stored near our schools which is going to impact the kids when they get older. No one is noticing now, but when they get older they may suffer everything from hair loss to cancer to rectal bleeding. Wendy is going to demand the big corporations remove them properly. Previously she has made it clear that she will protect children by starting mandatory Pre-K, maximizing food benefits and insuring that all kids are incubated and inoculated. She's a real champion for the young ones.
Below is part of an article from trailblazers with a link below that will give the whole story. It really makes a neat point. Wendy Davis has not lifted a finger as a senator to do anything about these perceived dangerous chemicals and even passed up a chance to do so. And while she runs from place to place smearing Abbot and making false claims that he has blocked information from citizens, he has not blocked any information at all. There is a 2003 law that blocks it for a very good reason and every Dem supported it so whaaat??? This was to prevent terrorist from having this information about where they are stored.

"Greg Abbott did not change any law or policy, he applied the Texas Homeland Security Act, which prevents state agencies from releasing information that could be used by terrorists to build bombs or to target certain facilities,” he said.“The law was passed in 2003 and was supported by every Democrat and Republican in the state senate — including Sen. Leticia Van De Putte. Through three legislative sessions, Sen. Davis did nothing about this law that has remained unchanged since the day it passed. Instead, she stood for 11 hours in support of late-term abortion but didn’t spend 11 minutes on a law that she now calls her top priority. She had a chance and she took a pass.”
Hirsch said Davis should reveal facts about her own record to Texans".

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/2014/0...

Wendy Davis is in support of Common Core education although she has denied it. Common Core is below par education and deficient in math and science She is the candidate the school unions have donated to such as American Federation of Teachers and their $100,000 donation and they are all Common Core educators. Other teachers unions also Common Core educators have donated to her as well You know these union teachers can hardly be fired but they can be suspended and keep their pay indefinitely just as if they were working . But a new law was passed HB 1610 that allows schools to fire any teacher with a felony. While this bill had bipartisan support and got passed easily because 92% voted for it's passage and only 6% voted against it, well she was one of the 6% who actually voted against it. And these union teachers who support Common Core were against it.
NOW LET HER MAKE CLAIMS THAT SHE WILL DO ANYTHING GOOD FOR THE CHILDREN OF TEXAS WHEN SHE VOTED TO KEEP FELONS WORKING AS TEACHERS. Excuse me please tell how.

And mandatory pre-K. Studies have shown that pre-K has not panned out to improve the future in most cases. Pre-K is good for those disadvantaged students from uneducated families or those who do not choose to instruct their children. Pre-K would possible fill in the gaps of missing education. But for the child coming from an average two parent home both speaking English and educated it may harm the child to loose that extra year out of the home. Mandatory would mean it would include them as well. This is not a good thing.

Greg Abbot has a good plan for education and it should be viewed.

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/greg-abbot...

It looks like Abbot will be better for the children hands down.

“This is Joyce”

Avondale, Arizona

#18601 Jul 11, 2014
A detail was left out of this statement and I added it at the bottom.

" You know these union teachers can hardly be fired but they can be suspended and keep their pay all the same as if they are working. But a new law was passed HB 1610 that allows schools to fire any teacher with a felony. While this bill had bipartisan support and got passed easily with 92% voted for it's passage and only 6% voted against it, well she was one of the 6% who actually voted against it."

All of the union teachers of Common Core education were against this law to fire felons. So, she was bought off it seems.

“This is Joyce”

Avondale, Arizona

#18602 Jul 11, 2014
Sorry, I did not mean to do the double post it was an error I posted the draft and the one I intended to post.:/ Me bad.

It looks like it doesn't pay for me to double task.
Ted Bell

El Paso, TX

#18603 Jul 11, 2014
Wendy is weak in many areas, including the fact that she doesn't hold her booze too well. Ann Richards could have a few belts with reporters and crack wise and then go home for a night cap with her husband and still keep her wits about her. I'm afraid Wendy will be half in the bag after a glass of wine and make a fool of herself, perhaps even dancing on the tables and showing some skin. So let's get real here and vote for Greg, the only candidate who makes sense in every way.

“This is Joyce”

Avondale, Arizona

#18604 Jul 11, 2014
Ted Bell wrote:
Wendy is weak in many areas, including the fact that she doesn't hold her booze too well. Ann Richards could have a few belts with reporters and crack wise and then go home for a night cap with her husband and still keep her wits about her. I'm afraid Wendy will be half in the bag after a glass of wine and make a fool of herself, perhaps even dancing on the tables and showing some skin. So let's get real here and vote for Greg, the only candidate who makes sense in every way.
That is really funny and I can just see that in my head and headlines: "Governor of Texas Pole Dances and Takes It All Off at Local Bar". Of course she will not really ever be governor but funny anyway. Yes, Greg's the best you have. He seems perfect especially when you consider Wendy.
Anyone Know

Houston, TX

#18605 Jul 11, 2014
Go Vote!!
fubar

Garden Grove, CA

#18606 Jul 12, 2014
Just a quick comment. Wendy claims to care about children that have been born and the other side seems to only care about "kids"in gestation. Maybe the unions are donating to Wendy because they want to keep science in the schools vs. the "five/ six thousand year old earth" crowd.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#18607 Jul 12, 2014
fubar wrote:
Just a quick comment. Wendy claims to care about children that have been born and the other side seems to only care about "kids"in gestation. Maybe the unions are donating to Wendy because they want to keep science in the schools vs. the "five/ six thousand year old earth" crowd.
No, the unions just want a crooked Trial Liar on their side. Union chimps don't care about schools (indoctrination centers).

“Follow the laws.”

Since: Oct 10

Seabrook, Texas

#18608 Jul 12, 2014
fubar wrote:
Common Core is not keeping science in the schools, it's a dumbing down of American students. Don't go believing everyone who says they care about the kids, that is your first mistake. She wants to keep felons as teachers in the classrooms. The union supports her and she votes their wishes. She wants to feed the children to the wolves. She voted "nay" on state bill 29 that would prohibit certain types of touching during searches by government officials and that includes the kids and women but It passed anyhow. She voted "nay" on June 15, 2011, state bill 9 enforcing federal and state immigration laws. I guess she wants our kids to share their lunch too. She voted "nay" on every law regarding immigration and wants illegal aliens to have drivers license regardless of how long they have been here. When our kids grow up, they can be stuck paying for all of this. Now nowhere does she show any evidence that she cares for the kids.

“This is Joyce”

Avondale, Arizona

#18609 Jul 12, 2014
rainwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Common Core is not keeping science in the schools, it's a dumbing down of American students. Don't go believing everyone who says they care about the kids, that is your first mistake. She wants to keep felons as teachers in the classrooms. The union supports her and she votes their wishes. She wants to feed the children to the wolves. She voted "nay" on state bill 29 that would prohibit certain types of touching during searches by government officials and that includes the kids and women but It passed anyhow. She voted "nay" on June 15, 2011, state bill 9 enforcing federal and state immigration laws. I guess she wants our kids to share their lunch too. She voted "nay" on every law regarding immigration and wants illegal aliens to have drivers license regardless of how long they have been here. When our kids grow up, they can be stuck paying for all of this. Now nowhere does she show any evidence that she cares for the kids.
I bet she is wishing she had a do over but she can not take it back how she voted because it is on record.
tophat

Dallas, TX

#18610 Jul 12, 2014
This is crazy! Every one is entitled to their own opinions!
First amendment

New Orleans, LA

#18611 Jul 12, 2014
tophat wrote:
This is crazy! Every one is entitled to their own opinions!
Yes. correct.
Forbes

Houston, TX

#18612 Jul 12, 2014
Stop the hate go Vote
First amendment

New Orleans, LA

#18613 Jul 12, 2014
Forbes wrote:
Stop the hate go Vote
Stop the dictating! Can everyone please vote when it is time to vote? Thank you.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#18614 Jul 12, 2014
Forbes wrote:
Stop the hate go Vote
More Orwellian speak. War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery and now speaking the truth is hate. Go pound sand, moron.
fubar

Garden Grove, CA

#18615 Jul 13, 2014
rainwater wrote:
<quoted text>
I was very careful not to mention common core. There are more than a few Republicans in Texas(else where too) that want to remove evolution and teach only creationism, or to teach both as science. They also want to rewrite history on many subjects including slavery, the treatment of minorities, the treatment of women and how the robber barons are portrayed. Our country is great and has done many good things but to not admit the bad things , is almost criminal. The Japanese are trying to rewrite their deeds of world war two and their victims are understandably upset and worried. Those that ignore history are doomed to repeat it.

We all remember the disaster of "no child left behind". It was based on Houston's so called incredible success. Too bad no one bothered to check their numbers, and whether or not there was an incentive for the schools to cheat, until it was implemented disastrously on a national level. I am not promoting Common Core, I am promoting keeping true science and history in the schools and keep the religious nuts from commandeering the curriculum. Let them teach religion at home and not in school.

“Follow the laws.”

Seabrook, Texas

#18616 Jul 13, 2014
What I say xoxo wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet she is wishing she had a do over but she can not take it back how she voted because it is on record.
That's what happens when a person is not sincere it eventually catches up. But don't we all wish for "do overs" at times?

“Follow the laws.”

Seabrook, Texas

#18617 Jul 13, 2014
fubar wrote:
<quoted text>I was very careful not to mention common core. There are more than a few Republicans in Texas(else where too) that want to remove evolution and teach only creationism, or to teach both as science. They also want to rewrite history on many subjects including slavery, the treatment of minorities, the treatment of women and how the robber barons are portrayed. Our country is great and has done many good things but to not admit the bad things , is almost criminal. The Japanese are trying to rewrite their deeds of world war two and their victims are understandably upset and worried. Those that ignore history are doomed to repeat it.
We all remember the disaster of "no child left behind". It was based on Houston's so called incredible success. Too bad no one bothered to check their numbers, and whether or not there was an incentive for the schools to cheat, until it was implemented disastrously on a national level. I am not promoting Common Core, I am promoting keeping true science and history in the schools and keep the religious nuts from commandeering the curriculum. Let them teach religion at home and not in school.
That's right you didn't mention Common Core but you mentioned how Wendy Davis seemed to care about the kids. Then I mentioned Common Core which is what she is allowing the unions that support her to push. That is not caring about the kids, it is letting the kids suffer in the education department. NO Child Left Behind was a bad policy but it was a policy not an educational curriculum. NCLB was a policy that allowed students that did not learn enough to pass on to the next level until eventually they graduated with knowledge gaps. No, I see the far left Progressives who are trying to erase history and rewrite it. Our history clearly reflects the slave plight and does not leave it out. I am not going to engage in a Atheistic off topic rant about this with you. Good Day Sir or Ma'm.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

#18618 Jul 13, 2014
rainwater wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right you didn't mention Common Core but you mentioned how Wendy Davis seemed to care about the kids. Then I mentioned Common Core which is what she is allowing the unions that support her to push. That is not caring about the kids, it is letting the kids suffer in the education department. NO Child Left Behind was a bad policy but it was a policy not an educational curriculum. NCLB was a policy that allowed students that did not learn enough to pass on to the next level until eventually they graduated with knowledge gaps. No, I see the far left Progressives who are trying to erase history and rewrite it. Our history clearly reflects the slave plight and does not leave it out. I am not going to engage in a Atheistic off topic rant about this with you. Good Day Sir or Ma'm.
The Progs are out to destroy the white middle class any way that they can.

Of course blacks and other minorities are meant to just stay on the Prog plantation and vote. Progs only offer a hand out, not a hand up.
fubar

Garden Grove, CA

#18619 Jul 13, 2014
rainwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Calling it an atheistic rant says a lot about you. I am a Christian and yet I believe in science. Even the Catholic church believes in science. She cares more about living children , than most of the pro-life people do, they only care about hesitating fetuses. Once the child is born the pro-life people don't care whether the child suffers or not. Again I am not talking about common core.No child left behind also ushered in the era of teaching the test.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 5 hr Freddy Flatus 742
New city. Of Bowie code compliance Nov 21 not stupid 41
Dead Horses Nov 19 Gabby 8
kasi king Nov 17 jj 2
Madison from McDonalds Nov 14 just curious 3
The Bible in public schools Nov 13 curious 10
anyone wanna chat with a 32 m Nov 12 loneliness suxs 1
Bowie Dating
Find my Match

Bowie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Bowie News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bowie

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:55 pm PST

Bleacher Report 3:55PM
Grading Houston's Positional Units in Week 12
Bleacher Report 4:00 PM
Dallas Cowboys vs. New York Giants: Live New York Score and Analysis
Bleacher Report 4:36 PM
When Will Jadeveon Clowney Break Out of His Rookie Slump?
Bleacher Report 5:20 PM
Jay Z Hangs Out on Sideline at SNF
NBC Sports 6:04 PM
Mallett could miss several weeks with pectoral injury