Curious

Muenster, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2010

"Ten people have been indicted by a Montague County grand jury for stealing more than $1 million worth of oil from Wise, Montague and Denton counties, according to a report in today's Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Oilfield tank trucks were used to steal oil during the night, according to investigators. Some of those indicted worked for companies that haul waste water, but the companies themselves are not suspected of wrongdoing, the report stated. The stolen oil was then being sold to businesses in Montague County who apparently were not aware the oil was stolen. Investigators said more indictments could follow." Anybody know any more details? I'd think the "businesses in Montague County who apparently were not aware the oil was stolen" could tell a waste water truck from an oil tanker, don't y'all?
same ole song

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

Curious wrote:
"Ten people have been indicted by a Montague County grand jury for stealing more than $1 million worth of oil from Wise, Montague and Denton counties, according to a report in today's Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Oilfield tank trucks were used to steal oil during the night, according to investigators. Some of those indicted worked for companies that haul waste water, but the companies themselves are not suspected of wrongdoing, the report stated. The stolen oil was then being sold to businesses in Montague County who apparently were not aware the oil was stolen. Investigators said more indictments could follow." Anybody know any more details? I'd think the "businesses in Montague County who apparently were not aware the oil was stolen" could tell a waste water truck from an oil tanker, don't y'all?
Hey they can haul a certain amount of oil in the water tankers. Nice try at being cute.
Mrs

Wichita Falls, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

Same Ole Song, your a dumbass. IF you would read a newspaper every once in awhile you would see that this is all true!
same ole song

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

Mrs wrote:
Same Ole Song, your a dumbass. IF you would read a newspaper every once in awhile you would see that this is all true!
I was referring to the whole hauling oil in waste water truck. You are just as female as the other person......no clue!
Mrs

Wichita Falls, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

Okay, but a wastewater truck does not pick up oil. Yea it may be mixed up with the flowback sometimes but they arent SUPPOSED to be getting oil. They are just supposed to be getting the water out that seperates from the oil sure sometimes if they dont do their cacualtions right they will get some oil. None the less what they were doing is illegal!
slim

Cushing, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

Mrs wrote:
Okay, but a wastewater truck does not pick up oil. Yea it may be mixed up with the flowback sometimes but they arent SUPPOSED to be getting oil. They are just supposed to be getting the water out that seperates from the oil sure sometimes if they dont do their cacualtions right they will get some oil. None the less what they were doing is illegal!
Oh my god u people really have no clue! It would be in your best interest not to comment on things whenever u haven't got a clue about it.
same ole song

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

slim wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my god u people really have no clue! It would be in your best interest not to comment on things whenever u haven't got a clue about it.
Exactly, waste water companies are permitted to haul and sell a specific amount per capita. Disposal are allowed to buy and sell oil that is seperated at the facility. Im not saying that what they were doing was legal because they were stealing but as far as the transport method was not the way they were caught. The disposals keep excellent records. Thats how they were caught stealing. And greed. Should have quit while they were ahead.
slim

Cushing, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2011

same ole song wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly, waste water companies are permitted to haul and sell a specific amount per capita. Disposal are allowed to buy and sell oil that is seperated at the facility. Im not saying that what they were doing was legal because they were stealing but as far as the transport method was not the way they were caught. The disposals keep excellent records. Thats how they were caught stealing. And greed. Should have quit while they were ahead.
A water disposal is a license to steal.
Jane Doe

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

How do legitimate businesses not know oil was stolen paying less than half price for oil?
slickwilly

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

Jane Doe wrote:
How do legitimate businesses not know oil was stolen paying less than half price for oil?
Oil companies only know what wells make by what is reported by the pumper of each individual well. It would be easy to accumulate several bbls of oil over time. If u have a crooked pumper then stealing oil would be no problem if u can just find a water company to help u out. It would take a very " ballsy" individual to even try it. I wouldn't dream of it.
Jane Doe

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

So really these legitimate businesses from both ends must have known something was not right? Sounds like inside job with help (crash dummies) but only crash dummies getting caught.
interested - California

Atascadero, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2011

I would like to know the area of montague county where the theft occurred. Anyone know?
a bowie resident

Wichita Falls, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2011

I think Cody Barker was one of the drivers of the trucks that actually transported the oil
interested - California

Atascadero, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2011

Thank you, Bowie resident, for responding. Do you know where in Montague county the thefts occurred?
haha

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2011

same ole song wrote:
<quoted text>Hey they can haul a certain amount of oil in the water tankers. Nice try at being cute.
No they can't, they can pull it and hold it until an oil truck can pull it of them if the pumper wants them to but any crude oil taken to a disposal is money lost for the producing company. Its like you're mining for gold and you need someone to get the rocks out of it and when they do they take some gold with them. If they were allowed to haul oil in their tanks they would have to have all the MSDs required to do so. And most water haulers don't know what that even means. Lots of processes to go through for them to haul it. Nice try being cute.
Anonymous

Wichita Falls, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2011

a bowie resident wrote:
I think Cody Barker was one of the drivers of the trucks that actually transported the oil
Apparently you just open your mouth and shit falls out huh? Cody Barker did not drive a truck. Before you throw peoples names out there check your facts.
a bowie resident

Wichita Falls, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2011

lol wait and see about barker
Anonymous

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2011

a bowie resident wrote:
lol wait and see about barker
wait for what? For you to do a lil research to get your facts straight? I'm willing to bet that's gonna take a while. Funny how you only pointed out barker when there were several others arrested, makes one think you had something to do with it too with your all your inside information. Bright must be your favorite color. I will wait to post my opinion on that until I read about another arrest in the oil theft. Your username is right on, a Bowie resident?!
Paddy

Muenster, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2011

Ummm.....research and facts like this, only2?

"Robert Cody Barker, 26, Bowie, charged with counts of theft over $1,500 under $20,000, aggregated into one case for over $20,000 under $100,000. Gus Richard Allen, 38, Bowie, is a co-defendant facing the same charges. The men are accused of stealing from McCommons Oil on Oct. 2, 2007. Bond was $10,000 on each man."
same ole song

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2011

haha wrote:
<quoted text>No they can't, they can pull it and hold it until an oil truck can pull it of them if the pumper wants them to but any crude oil taken to a disposal is money lost for the producing company. Its like you're mining for gold and you need someone to get the rocks out of it and when they do they take some gold with them. If they were allowed to haul oil in their tanks they would have to have all the MSDs required to do so. And most water haulers don't know what that even means. Lots of processes to go through for them to haul it. Nice try being cute.
Every tanker has low percentages of oil and gas in there after they pull a load of water. So by saying that they are allowed because the disposals sell the oil after they accumalate enough to sell. Nice try at insulting me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Bowie Forum right now

Search the Bowie Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 19 min Defiant1 16,971
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 27 min Defiant1 21,367
Stronghold Ink 6 hr dumb and dumber 2
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) 8 hr Gasman 589
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 8 hr Gasman 747
Family Court - protection from abusive parents 21 hr Rayna 4
fedup Tue Hey 3
•••
•••
•••
Bowie Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••