Police Chief Firing
facts

United States

#24 Mar 11, 2014
Mr. Happy, you are absolutely correct. Myself and "just facts" don't know. Sometimes it is the "not knowing" that sparks your interest in a situation. It does stink. Thanks for setting us straight. Have a nice day yourself.
Whattha

Wichita Falls, TX

#25 Mar 11, 2014
Facts said, "They have the right to keep it confidential rather than ruin reputations."

Boy, I know people in this town that would give their eye tooth for
THAT right...I guess the rest of us have to be responsible for our actions and let our reputations suffer. Not too long ago, I heard some Catholic Bishop saying that same thing though, so you're probably right.
MakesYouWonder

Bowie, TX

#26 Mar 12, 2014
I am just stunned that everyone is taking Ricky Tow and Gene Brown at their word and not questioning them more. ALL city employees should be concerned for their jobs, especially police officers. If they terminate a department head without giving him any proof of any complaint(s), then they can do it to anyone else if you continue to allow them to operate this way. All Bowie Police Dept. officers should look up Government Code 614.021 - 614.023 and then ask your fearless leader why the City of Bowie doesn't follow the law? You could be next!

Guy Green knows the wrong that has been done and yet he sits on his ill gotten throne and allows it to continue - sooooo sad the bubble he lives in.
Tara

Wichita Falls, TX

#27 Mar 12, 2014
Please just get us a new chief that will at least TRY to clean up the drug problem.
teamwork

Wichita Falls, TX

#28 Mar 12, 2014
When's Doug Page gonna get canned? And David Rainy? Guy green also, hell clean house and start anew:)
Repent

Bowie, TX

#29 Mar 13, 2014
Therefore repent and turn back, that your sins may be wiped out so that season of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord - Acts 3:19 Scruggs knows exactly what he did, until he repents and tells his family the truth, I can't imagine what turmoil he must be going through. I pray for Scruggs, but especially the people involved needlessly because of one man's sin. What a tremendous ripple affect this has had!! So sad......
NUTS

United States

#30 Mar 14, 2014
MakesYouWonder wrote:
I am just stunned that everyone is taking Ricky Tow and Gene Brown at their word and not questioning them more. ALL city employees should be concerned for their jobs, especially police officers. If they terminate a department head without giving him any proof of any complaint(s), then they can do it to anyone else if you continue to allow them to operate this way. All Bowie Police Dept. officers should look up Government Code 614.021 - 614.023 and then ask your fearless leader why the City of Bowie doesn't follow the law? You could be next!
Guy Green knows the wrong that has been done and yet he sits on his ill gotten throne and allows it to continue - sooooo sad the bubble he lives in.
You don't know what you are talking about!!!!
EXACTLY

United States

#31 Mar 14, 2014
Repent wrote:
Therefore repent and turn back, that your sins may be wiped out so that season of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord - Acts 3:19 Scruggs knows exactly what he did, until he repents and tells his family the truth, I can't imagine what turmoil he must be going through. I pray for Scruggs, but especially the people involved needlessly because of one man's sin. What a tremendous ripple affect this has had!! So sad......
You hit the nail on the head here
MakesYouWonder

Bowie, TX

#32 Mar 18, 2014
NUTS wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know what you are talking about!!!!
And you do?????
YouIdiot

Wichita Falls, TX

#33 Mar 18, 2014
MakesYouWonder wrote:
<quoted text>
And you do?????
Looks like David doesn't have anything better to do now than sit on topix...lol Just admit what you did and move on already!
Just The Facts

Grand Prairie, TX

#34 Apr 14, 2014
HOT MOMA wrote:
Just The Facts, It is our business.we are the ones who pay the money out for these employees.The Bowie gossip train is sating facts not Gossip.You need to be educated on this Topic my Dear! Yes there is no doubt of his guilt. But it should NOT be swept under the rug.
Why not? It's none of your business, nosey-body!
Just The Facts

Grand Prairie, TX

#35 Apr 14, 2014
Mr Happy wrote:
<quoted text>
There might be "no doubt", but that would be in the mind of the city manager. Last time I checked, he was just an imperfect man, and not infallible. You speak as if you know the truth, but you don't. However, when you state "no doubt of guilt" you are actually implying the old police chief was guilty of something when you really don't know. Neither you or the other "fact" post has any facts. So both of you are either speaking without knowledge or out of your posterior. Either way, it stinks.
Have a nice day.
City manager, city attorney, advising counsel, municipal judge........thank you Mr Happy for representing the ignorant rednecks of Bowie.
Mr Happy

Wichita Falls, TX

#36 Apr 23, 2014
Just The Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
City manager, city attorney, advising counsel, municipal judge........thank you Mr Happy for representing the ignorant rednecks of Bowie.
You are welcome, after all, it is you who I count amongst those I represent.
howdy neighbor

Pryor, OK

#37 Jun 10, 2014
Just the facts wrote:
In this day and age a termination like this would only take place if there was no doubt of his guilt. He did something to violate the oath he took to protect and serve therefore, he's gone. End of story. The Bowie gossip train needs to move on down the line and start talking about something else that isn't their business. Wow, what a town!
If the sudden and secretive termination of the Chief of Police is not our business, then what is?
howdy neighbor

Pryor, OK

#38 Jun 10, 2014
I caught Mr. Scruggs looking in my backyard when he thought we weren't home! I think he should read his own Mission Statement.
starsnstripes

Wichita Falls, TX

#39 Jun 11, 2014
So? What's wrong with him looking in your yard as he walks past it. Or glimpses over because something caught his eye? Paranoid much?
FloGirlFromProgr essive

Wichita Falls, TX

#40 Jun 22, 2014
For the love of God please relieve Pelton of his duties. He is the rudest cop in Bowie and whether he is on duty or not he acts like he is so much better than people and treats them like crap. I have not met one person in this town that has anything nice to say about him. Run him off to some other town unlucky enough to have him.
abc

Bowie, TX

#41 Jul 17, 2014
FloGirlFromProgressive wrote:
For the love of God please relieve Pelton of his duties. He is the rudest cop in Bowie and whether he is on duty or not he acts like he is so much better than people and treats them like crap. I have not met one person in this town that has anything nice to say about him. Run him off to some other town unlucky enough to have him.
I think you are wrong a lot of people that really know him know he is one of the nicest and the most honest of all the cops in this town.We are lucky to have him you are just to stupid to realize it.
ya ok

United States

#42 Jul 18, 2014
Fool never smiles. ypu don't have to say much and he will yell at you. He needs to go on with his badself and he does act like his shit don't stink. palease..
abc wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are wrong a lot of people that really know him know he is one of the nicest and the most honest of all the cops in this town.We are lucky to have him you are just to stupid to realize it.
Not a troll

Lincoln, CA

#43 Jul 18, 2014
ya ok wrote:
Fool never smiles. ypu don't have to say much and he will yell at you. He needs to go on with his badself and he does act like his shit don't stink. palease..<quoted text>
Awwwww, he's just got a bad rep!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 6 hr Rancid Farts 19,890
Who is the pizza hut manager? 19 hr Jade 2
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Fri Farting 945
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Thu Farting 766
News Man Charged With Murder In Bowie (Dec '14) Jul 29 Knowing the facts 16
The topic of wal-mart Jul 28 Yeah 9
Man being framed Jul 28 Framedone 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bowie Mortgages