Police Chief Firing
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Call it

Houston, TX

#1 Jan 28, 2014
Does anyone know what happened?

Also, the thought of Guy Green running anything scares me to death. That half wit is less qualified to run a police department than Barney Fife would be. He's a joke.
Sue

Longview, TX

#2 Jan 28, 2014
Idk but I hope we get a new chief that will seriously get rid of the crackheads. Jimmy weaver, Jon Scrogum etc etc. I pray Bowie gets cleaned up and rid of the trash.
What the heck

Wichita Falls, TX

#3 Jan 29, 2014
http://www.newschannel6now.com/story/24556917...

"Bowie's Police Chief has been relieved of his duties. City Manager Ricky Tow confirms Bowie Police Chief David Scruggs was let go last Thursday. He had served as chief since the 1990s."

What the heck is going on now?
Yeah

Wichita Falls, TX

#4 Feb 5, 2014
Why are they filling a detective position did someone leave the department?
What

Weatherford, TX

#5 Feb 5, 2014
Yeah wrote:
Why are they filling a detective position did someone leave the department?
Studebaker retired
yeah

Wichita Falls, TX

#7 Feb 6, 2014
What wrote:
<quoted text>Studebaker retired
Thank you I forgot about him retiring
metal momma

Sanford, TX

#8 Feb 8, 2014
come on can anyone answer post#6?
what

United States

#9 Feb 21, 2014
There is no post #6..looks like it may have been removed for some reason.
sad

United States

#12 Feb 21, 2014
sad wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you conserved??? Your always on this site stirring up trouble!! Mind your own business! Nobody cares!
Concerned*
BootJacked

Plano, TX

#13 Feb 22, 2014
Is the Bowie PD having posts removed from this thread?
yeah

Wichita Falls, TX

#14 Feb 22, 2014
BootJacked wrote:
Is the Bowie PD having posts removed from this thread?
Yeah because I posted that I also heard he grabbed a jp breast and it has been removed I'm sure this post will be removed also.
BootJacked

Plano, TX

#15 Feb 22, 2014
Having known the fired chief for well over 40 years I find this accusation without merit.
Hmmmm

Artesia, NM

#16 Feb 23, 2014
Who gives a fck- mostly the cops sit at allsups is all I've seen lol
glori from bowie

United States

#17 Feb 24, 2014
Hmmmm wrote:
Who gives a fck- mostly the cops sit at allsups is all I've seen lol
I read the article and it says the reasons for the firing were scheduled to be discussed feb 4th...by the city council. I for one want to know what was discussed and who else was involved? Yes we are tired of the seeming lack of law enforcement but we also know that we have some good officers and city leaders in Bowie. Having said that it is high time that people who ARE using their position for personal gain or their own agendas be removed and people who truly desire to SERVE the citizens of Bowie be put in their place. The FBI is who should be looking into things. I hope its settled before too much danage is dine to the overall reputations of those who actually do good work here
crazy

United States

#18 Feb 25, 2014
Glori, it was not discussed at the city council meeting, the paper and the news media had it wrong! The higher authorities are looking into the situation. We do have good officers and city leaders in Bowie, they care! We have good city employees, good county leaders....
glori from bowie

Wichita Falls, TX

#19 Mar 1, 2014
crazy wrote:
Glori, it was not discussed at the city council meeting, the paper and the news media had it wrong! The higher authorities are looking into the situation. We do have good officers and city leaders in Bowie, they care! We have good city employees, good county leaders....
That is good to know that higher authorities are looking into things. It is confusing to hear that nothing was discussed as stated in the news site that I was reading. That is the reason that people need to look into things and ask questions locally. If there is a failure and a breach of the people's trust, then it must be dealt with and then anyone else thinking that they may act in such a manner, will know that they will be dealt with.
You are right. We do have good city and county employees and we have a good town, but as human nature can be, there will almost always be a lone wolf or wolves. that act out...but as long as people care, we can root them out and move forward for a better town.
Just the facts

Plano, TX

#20 Mar 2, 2014
In this day and age a termination like this would only take place if there was no doubt of his guilt. He did something to violate the oath he took to protect and serve therefore, he's gone. End of story. The Bowie gossip train needs to move on down the line and start talking about something else that isn't their business. Wow, what a town!
HOT MOMA

United States

#21 Mar 6, 2014
Just The Facts, It is our business.we are the ones who pay the money out for these employees.The Bowie gossip train is sating facts not Gossip.You need to be educated on this Topic my Dear! Yes there is no doubt of his guilt. But it should NOT be swept under the rug.
Facts

United States

#22 Mar 11, 2014
It has not been swept under a rug, he was fired wasn't he? They have the right to keep it confidential rather than ruin reputations. I agree with "Just the facts" there is no doubt of guilt or he would not have been fired. End of story.
Mr Happy

Abilene, TX

#23 Mar 11, 2014
Facts wrote:
It has not been swept under a rug, he was fired wasn't he? They have the right to keep it confidential rather than ruin reputations. I agree with "Just the facts" there is no doubt of guilt or he would not have been fired. End of story.
There might be "no doubt", but that would be in the mind of the city manager. Last time I checked, he was just an imperfect man, and not infallible. You speak as if you know the truth, but you don't. However, when you state "no doubt of guilt" you are actually implying the old police chief was guilty of something when you really don't know. Neither you or the other "fact" post has any facts. So both of you are either speaking without knowledge or out of your posterior. Either way, it stinks.

Have a nice day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jarae scruggs 6 hr Easy 6
Justin Brodie and Landon Scruggs 6 hr Easy 5
Veronica Benson Jun 28 leslie butler 7
Sierra Conway..? Jun 28 kendall Butler 13
Animal abuse (Nov '15) Jun 26 animal lover 5
nocona er Jun 22 will boogie 5
Bowie DPS women (Oct '15) Jun 22 kayla 4

Bowie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance