Preschool in Bowie ?

Posted in the Bowie Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Frustrated

Iowa Park, TX

#1 Aug 7, 2013
My child did not qualify for Preschool even though I'm a single mom so I need to put her in daycare/preschool which is better Smarty Pants or Happy Hearts? And I'm not interested in putting her in Machelles.
BoWiEiTe

Wichita Falls, TX

#2 Aug 7, 2013
I know a lot of ppl who use smarty pants! It's ridiculous the parents who actually work and need help with these things don't qualify but if u stay home and do nothing then ur child gets into preschool! Blows my mind!!
Mum

Bellevue, TX

#3 Aug 7, 2013
You do know that Smarty Pants and Happy Hearts are only a half day program, correct? They both seem like good places that being said.

I don' know of any of the daycares here being that great, but it's always hard to find good childcare. I know that some people have been ok with the daycare near Dos Chili's, but I wasn't all that impressed and think it's a really sort a bad set up because of the highway traffic so closeby, but probably about as good as it's going to get unless you luck out and find someone decent doing inhome.
Valerie

Bowie, TX

#4 Aug 7, 2013
You can try Cindy Bell. Both my boys went and she is Awesome...
Proud mommy

Eastland, TX

#5 Aug 8, 2013
The Growing Tree is good on Hwy 59. It's small with not a lot of kids and they do a preschool curriculum too. Also they are open all day all week.
bowie

United States

#6 Aug 11, 2013
The Growing Tree is wonderful. I highly recommend them!
Smile

Iowa Park, TX

#7 Aug 16, 2013
We had a wonderful experience with happy hearts but I'm not sure they will have any spots left this close to school starting
Really

Iowa Park, TX

#8 Aug 17, 2013
What do you have against Machelles? My kids go there and we couldn't be happier.
Mom

Dallas, TX

#9 Aug 28, 2013
My child goes to the three year old class at smarty pants because I was told the teacher were wonderful there, but one of them is the most hateful person I have ever seen working with kids!! If you don't enjoy being around kids you shouldn't own a pre-school!! Just saying!! but have heard good things about growing tree!!! Good luck!!
Another mom

Wichita Falls, TX

#10 Aug 28, 2013
There is not one rude teacher at smarty pants!!! I have no idea where u get that from. Smarty pants is awesome. This is my sons second year there and I couldn't be happier with each and every teacher there. I have never had a problem.
Happy mommy

Iowa Park, TX

#11 Aug 30, 2013
Growing tree is great, but it is a daycare, smartypants to a good school but the director is a rude old women!!
Lisa

Dallas, TX

#12 Aug 30, 2013
Frustrated wrote:
My child did not qualify for Preschool even though I'm a single mom so I need to put her in daycare/preschool which is better Smarty Pants or Happy Hearts? And I'm not interested in putting her in Machelles.
working moms don't have a chance but welfare moms get it all. Thank women that won't work for getting their kids n preschool and pre k because they get a free ride for everything.
dont start

Abilene, TX

#13 Sep 4, 2013
The growing tree has excellent teachers. An they are a learning center/Preschool. With classes starting at age 2.
Good luck

Iowa Park, TX

#14 Sep 4, 2013
My oldest child went to smarty pants and we didn't have any complaints except the hours They are opened. i never had anyone be rude to me from Smarty Pants, but I don't know this years teachers. My youngest goes to The Growing Tree and is in the Preschool class there we got the Information on the preschool curriculum for the year and its AMAZING. All the teachers there are great this year and I have nothing bad to say about either place. i dont have a y experience with Happy Hearts but havent heard anything bad. If you are needing all day child care and still want the education side of it check out the Growing Tree but they have small classes so you might have to get on a waiting list.
Happy

Iowa Park, TX

#15 Sep 10, 2013
Happy hearts! Smarty Pants is just a name people put their kids there for the name but I had multiple bad experiences with them and enrolled my second child in Happy Hearts instead, I've never been happier.
Bowie

Wichita Falls, TX

#16 Dec 7, 2013
Does anyone know if you can enroll your child for the spring semester? What has everyone's experiences been so far this year?
Just a mom

United States

#17 Jan 10, 2014
I think you must have the wrong impression of the director at Smarty Pants. She is a wonderful person with lots of love and experience in early childhood. I have known her and worked with her for several years and know that the children's safety and education is what has motivated her and her daughter to open Smarty Pants. As with everything. There has to be rules and state guidelines to follow. Maybe you just we're remiss on following the guidelines in their policies ?6929
Conflicted

Iowa Park, TX

#18 Feb 22, 2014
Just a mom wrote:
I think you must have the wrong impression of the director at Smarty Pants. She is a wonderful person with lots of love and experience in early childhood. I have known her and worked with her for several years and know that the children's safety and education is what has motivated her and her daughter to open Smarty Pants. As with everything. There has to be rules and state guidelines to follow. Maybe you just we're remiss on following the guidelines in their policies ?6929
I had always heard good things about this place so I enrolled my child when they started taking 2 year olds. I was content with it then I personally overheard her talking bad about some of the parents of kids who attend there, totally changed my perspective on her, I don't know if she has something personally going on but she's been rude to me on many occasions this year when I truly felt it wasn't necessary and she'd never been like that in previous years. If my child were not going to Kindergarten I would have moved her to Happy Hearts or Growing Tree next year, it's not a bad place, just not what people make it out to be!
okay

Dallas, TX

#19 Feb 22, 2014
The growing tree is amazing!!!! I love it!!!! Highly recommend it. I have used happy hearts as well and if you are wanting more of a school environment then I would really consider happy hearts! They are so friendly and open to everyone. I have had some issue with the staff of smarty pants outside of their buisness so that was why I chose not to send my child there. I do think to each person they have their own opinion. Unfortunately a lot of people use smarty pants for the "name" game. I wouldn't use it personally. I also think if you feel comfortable with a school and your child learns and enjoys any facility that is all that matters in which ever daycare/school you chose.
Agreed

Iowa Park, TX

#20 Feb 27, 2014
I'd defiantly pick happy hearts over smarty pants, I totally agree people go to smarty pants for the name ( small towns ugh ). We used Growing Tree last year and it was amazing, my child learned so much and has thrived in Kindergarten as a result! they are a daycare too which is awesome so your not time restricted. It's much more of a school environment/curriculum than Machelles which my child has also attended so I agree to happy hearts/growing tree hands down the best options in Bowie!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 hr Who 19,504
Daycare in Bowie (May '14) 3 hr Stupidity 8
New Doughnut Shop across from Allsups 6 hr Jenson Staggs 1
Zippy''s Tacos 15 hr welder 19
ladies that sleep with married men (May '14) 17 hr starsnstripes 3
Tiffany whitman Sat Thatoneguy 2
Bowie Police Find Charred Body in Burn Pit Dec 19 jessica 51
Bowie Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web