|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2014

Judged:

Wrong Arena wrote:
What good is it doing you to gripe here? Go to the school board to do your complaining. Vote at school board elections!!! Go to school and talk to the principals and the teachers.
It will only get worse unless you speak up to the right people at the right time and the right place.
This ain't it!!!
Just a theory that I have - Bowie, as a rule doesn't think much of folks that don't have money or position. So my thought is always, I'll talk to my fellow citizens - if enough of us concur about the problem, then WE can all go and talk to "them". Things usually works out better that way. Bowie folks tend to be very cliquish and a single individual outside their little group won't get far - even if they have reason, right, proof, logic and fact on their side. Makes it a waste of everyone's time and gives some folks the idea that they do whatever they want as long as they have their minions around them. Sorry that's not worded more "subtly" thought we'd save time and cut to the chase.
Tacori

Madill, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2014

Judged:

Ted wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Teaching children respect doesn't keep them breaking rules. You are either a child or have forgotten being a kid. I am going to take a stab in the dark here but 90% of kids will at some point do exactly the opposite of what they're told at least once regardless of upbringing. On the other hand you're right in that children need to be taught respect. The problem is too many parents out there can't teach what they do not know or understand.
Ok then! Don't complain if you know your kids are going to break the rules. Accept the punishment and move on.
Agree with ted

Bowie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2014

Judged:

Tacori wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok then! Don't complain if you know your kids are going to break the rules. Accept the punishment and move on.
Ok than with that kind of retard logic if you're just going to get dirty again why bathe? Or if you're just going to have to pay bills why have things?
The point of this whole thing was is not allowing the child to have the iPad back teaching them to be responsible. Also making parents pay when a child is irresponsible teaching said child anything.
Tacori

Madill, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2014

Judged:

No the point of this thread began with a parent wanting others to take his or her side because he she did not want to take responsibility for her his child breaking rules. Apparently you are the retard. You can not even spell. Bwwaaahaaa
sam

Wichita Falls, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2014

Judged:

Tacori = nasty troll
Tacori

Madill, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2014

Judged:

Sam can't handle someone smarter than you all. ----snickering.
Wrong Arena

Grandview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2014

that guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a theory that I have - Bowie, as a rule doesn't think much of folks that don't have money or position. So my thought is always, I'll talk to my fellow citizens - if enough of us concur about the problem, then WE can all go and talk to "them". Things usually works out better that way. Bowie folks tend to be very cliquish and a single individual outside their little group won't get far - even if they have reason, right, proof, logic and fact on their side. Makes it a waste of everyone's time and gives some folks the idea that they do whatever they want as long as they have their minions around them. Sorry that's not worded more "subtly" thought we'd save time and cut to the chase.
Point well taken as long as you do end up in the right arena after rallying your fellow citizens to the cause.
I do declare

Grandview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2014

Judged:

Ted wrote:
I maybe mistaken I think the point of this thread I'd less about the pros and cons of technology and more "what are the kids learning" from it. The idea that when you have a problem "just google it" is a technological "slippery slope". When I was a kid we where taught how to use books and how to work to attain knowledge. These days kids don't think they can do homework without WiFi. While I believe the root of the greater problem is America has lost its moral center there just simply is no right or wrong anymore. I wouldn't go so far as to say technology is in and of itself "evil" people can be. When a generation of morally bankrupt people start having children everything becomes evil.
Our message is basically the same. We just expressed it in different ways.
Respect

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2014

Judged:

Ted wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Teaching children respect doesn't keep them breaking rules. You are either a child or have forgotten being a kid. I am going to take a stab in the dark here but 90% of kids will at some point do exactly the opposite of what they're told at least once regardless of upbringing. On the other hand you're right in that children need to be taught respect. The problem is too many parents out there can't teach what they do not know or understand.
Ted, get a Life! You know it all ,But not Know Nothing!!
mad mom

Wichita Falls, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2014

the Ipad is going back - never again. Regardless of age or rules - we'll never try this mess again.
Respect

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2014

Judged:

Ted wrote:
I maybe mistaken I think the point of this thread I'd less about the pros and cons of technology and more "what are the kids learning" from it. The idea that when you have a problem "just google it" is a technological "slippery slope". When I was a kid we where taught how to use books and how to work to attain knowledge. These days kids don't think they can do homework without WiFi. While I believe the root of the greater problem is America has lost its moral center there just simply is no right or wrong anymore. I wouldn't go so far as to say technology is in and of itself "evil" people can be. When a generation of morally bankrupt people start having children everything becomes evil.
Ted Get A Life!!! AND YOUR PARENTS MUST BE IN THIS BANKRUPT CATEGORY!! MORAN!!!
Don

Bowie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2014

Judged:

Respect wrote:
<quoted text> Ted Get A Life!!! AND YOUR PARENTS MUST BE IN THIS BANKRUPT CATEGORY!! MORAN!!!
I learned long ago to never argue with an idiot they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bowie Discussions

Search the Bowie Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 32 min Batch 37 Pain Is Good 21,567
Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 46 min Defiant1 17,141
Mistie Rizwan 10 hr really 3
Legend Bank (Feb '11) 20 hr dumb and dumber 20
looking for a decent lady Sun single average guy 1
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Jul 25 Wow 598
Carnival Jul 25 yeah 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Bowie Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000