Dogs on chains 24hours a day

Posted in the Bowie Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dog Lover

Frisco, TX

#1 Jul 16, 2012
I am sick of seeing people get dogs (after there other dog has died, who has lived its whole life on a chain) and putting them on a chain. The puppy arrived about 8 weeks old and has since spent its short life of about 6 months on a chain. Do these people not realize how awful it must be for this pup to not be able to run and play as a normal dog should. I would LOVE to put these people on a chain all day every day! And to boot these people have a fenced yard but will not shut gates.
EX-Bowie-ite

Decatur, TX

#2 Jul 16, 2012
Dog Lover wrote:
I am sick of seeing people get dogs (after there other dog has died, who has lived its whole life on a chain) and putting them on a chain. The puppy arrived about 8 weeks old and has since spent its short life of about 6 months on a chain. Do these people not realize how awful it must be for this pup to not be able to run and play as a normal dog should. I would LOVE to put these people on a chain all day every day! And to boot these people have a fenced yard but will not shut gates.
I agree with you!!! Some people have no concept of an animals feelings and the TORTURE that they put these animals through!! Tied/chained up 24/7, sometimes no food/water for hrs/days,harsh weather conditions and having to live amongst their own waste!! Why do they think they even need a pet? Maybe show it some attention for 10 min. on a good day, then walk off and leave it. Maybe they just need pet rocks!! I just cannot comprehend how these type of people even function in society!!
Act

Wichita Falls, TX

#3 Jul 16, 2012
Dog Lover wrote:
Report the owners. Call the police if you feel that the dog is being mistreated. There are laws for cruelty against animals. If the chains are inbedded in the dogs neck, if he does not have clean water and food, or shelter. The owner can be fined and the animal removed. If they live out of the city limits report to the sheriff, inside the city limits to the local police dept.
Richard

Sunset, TX

#4 Jul 16, 2012
do the puppy a favor and post the address where he is located.
Absolutely

United States

#5 Jul 17, 2012
Richard wrote:
do the puppy a favor and post the address where he is located.
I agree with you all 100%, set the puppy free. There are city ordinances if you live in Bowie... Post the address, call the newspaper, call the animal shelter, call the humane society! If you need the numbers, I will provide them. I can't stand to see a dog chained to a tree or a post that does not allow him or her to run and play, and get exercise. In addition, it is sad that they must urinate and excrete where they must lay and then turn around and eat and drink in the same location. I know animals (dogs, cats, etcc) are not human, but they hurt, feel pain, get hungry, get sore, like to run, like to be loved and in return are loyal. I think one day all of you that abuse animals will answer for your actions.
tired of it

Bridgeport, TX

#6 Jul 17, 2012
you would have to look this up yourself but i do believe that there is a law here in tx passed about 3r4yrs back that deals with dogs left on a chain all day i believe that it says the dogs can be left on a chain for around 2 hrs at a time or something like that youd have to google it or ask the dog warden
i dont believe that you should chain your dog if youve a fenced in yard however i dont want these people to let their dogs run loose as some have chosen to do
just think about this if you turn the owners in and the dog is taken the dog then as a puppy has about a 50/50 chance of being adopted out but once its grown it has a 50/50 chance of being euthanized as an unwanted animal so are you possibly giving this animal a death sentence
my only question here is what if said neighbor finds out that you turned them in think about this do you own your home while they rent or do you rent and are you preppared to move there are some folks around that dont take kindly to people sticking their noses in their buisness and will retailiate which could make yer dream home a living nightmare
i once knew a guy that filled his neighbors driveway full of roofing nails every so often until they finally got tired of all the flat tires and moved he done some other stuff to them too but it only took about 6 months n they had to move its hard to sleep with skunk urine in yer air conditioner
okay

United States

#7 Jul 17, 2012
Just set up surveillance cameras and catch that neighbor vandalizing your home or your car...go for it, save the dog because the neighbor isn't worth saving at this point
yup

Wichita Falls, TX

#8 Jul 17, 2012
Dog Lover wrote:
Ashley either report it or shut up already! You have your nose in everyones business! Blah blah blah you always got that stupid mouth flapping! Take your lithium and go chill!
agreed

Wichita Falls, TX

#9 Jul 19, 2012
yup wrote:
<quoted text>Ashley either report it or shut up already! You have your nose in everyones business! Blah blah blah you always got that stupid mouth flapping! Take your lithium and go chill!
Right! Geesh she is always bashing someone, for her to be an EX doper she sure does critisize a lot! Idk why she would think she is any better then anyone else, she will always have the dope head look and personality! Grow up Ashley! Oh and I believe it's your husbands job to bitch abt his hands not yours! You don't work there so keep your flap shut!
Tom

Wichita Falls, TX

#10 Jul 19, 2012
Bowie has a law about dogs on chains. Willie will enforce them - just call.
Bumfuzzled

Bowie, TX

#11 Jul 19, 2012
As long as the dogs are on cables long enough so they can get excersise and they have water, food and shelter, I don't see the big deal. The cable keeps the dog out of the street and away from other dogs.
Bumfuzzled

Bowie, TX

#12 Jul 19, 2012
Tom wrote:
That all depends on who you are and what else he wants to do. Call Willy and hold your breath till he gets there, LOL!
hehe

Wichita Falls, TX

#13 Jul 19, 2012
Tom wrote:
that's too funny - I've seen Willie supply certain people around here WITH THE CHAIN!

And I dare you to hold your breath too.
Kery

Wichita Falls, TX

#14 Jul 22, 2012
Even "on a cable or chain" beats the heck out of "running loose". Bumfuzzled, I agree with you.
tired of it

Bridgeport, TX

#15 Jul 23, 2012
okay wrote:
Just set up surveillance cameras and catch that neighbor vandalizing your home or your car...go for it, save the dog because the neighbor isn't worth saving at this point
the infra red lights can be seen in the dark youve obviously not looked at a trail camera they glow at night even the green light is spotable on the night vision if you know what to look for
what

Granbury, TX

#16 Jul 23, 2012
Oh my goodness!! A chain is not hurting a dog you dummies!! I would rather see a dog on a chain than roaming around the neighborhood!! If the dog has plenty of room to move and the chain isn't choking it and is being fed properly then hush....you all are just looking for a reason to gripe...get a life!
tired of it

Bridgeport, TX

#17 Jul 23, 2012
what wrote:
Oh my goodness!! A chain is not hurting a dog you dummies!! I would rather see a dog on a chain than roaming around the neighborhood!! If the dog has plenty of room to move and the chain isn't choking it and is being fed properly then hush....you all are just looking for a reason to gripe...get a life!
i agree i was just sayin what the law claims best they are on a chain shittin in their owners yard than in mine i got enough of my own from my dogs to clean up
manual

Bowie, TX

#18 Sep 9, 2012
yow willie will enforce them my ass me and my whole family watched willie kick out several cats on fm 3049 a few weeks ago out of the cities truck!! we started to call in on him and figured it would do no good but i know a city cop that knows he did it !!! and as for dogs on chaines not all of them are abused some of them are on thier chains during the day while some of us are at work for others safety and insurance purposes since this is a sue happy world we live in you morons!!! some of you are the reason for this!!!!!!
Texican

Burkburnett, TX

#19 Sep 9, 2012
Way better to have the dogs on a chain than running loose off your property.

The loose dogs make it a necessity for alot of people to keep their dog on a chain.

Since: Sep 12

Bridgeport, TX

#20 Sep 25, 2012
I dont think a dog should be on a chain it's whole life. Proper care should be taken if you take on the resonsability of a animal i.e walking, feeding, bathing, and playing. Leaving a dog on a chain is like letting the TV baby sit your kids yes you'll know where they are but they wont be very well behaved or very happy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judy Hawkins (Apr '11) Sep 16 Misty 24
New to town Sep 16 Allison 1
Kristina Dluge (Feb '11) Sep 16 Rick 3
Prostitution Sep 15 Rick 4
kkk (Sep '10) Sep 13 NeoBowie ite 68
new gossip? (Sep '10) Sep 10 poopjew 195
Nicole white Sep 9 BetterThenYou 7

Bowie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance