Suffering

Bowie, TX

#1 Apr 17, 2014
I hear that eating local grown food can help allergies. Im wondering if there is any farmers markets in or around Bowie? When I was a kid their was one in Montague but I havent seen anything like that in years.
Been there

Wichita Falls, TX

#2 Apr 17, 2014
Wish there was would prob help w lots more than allergies! Boost local economy,better for us,less processed,and taste better!
umm yea

Bowie, TX

#3 Apr 17, 2014
Vegetables

United States

#4 May 16, 2014
Farmers Market tomorrow morning downtown!
youdontknowme

Wichita Falls, TX

#5 May 18, 2014
This weekend was the first Farmers Market here in Bowie. It will be held on the third weekend each month thru September.
starsnstripes

Wichita Falls, TX

#6 May 20, 2014
Cool
info

Wichita Falls, TX

#7 May 20, 2014
We went - didn't get anything this time, but will try again next month hoping the local growers will show. This time you could the produce boxes were marked MEXICO, California, etc.- this time it was not that fresh or local. The only honey that I saw that they DID have was from Pharr, TX (Hidalgo Co.)- you can buy honey made in Arlington in Walmart and do better than that. There used to be fellow that kept bees in Decatur, but I haven't seen him around in a while or we'd buy honey products from him.
K Downs

United States

#8 Jul 11, 2014
We were at the June Downtown Bowies Farmers Market, We sold a few of our fresh vegetables, as they weren't producting too much yet and were the ONLY ones with fresh LOCAL produce. Also sold our farm fresh eggs and Beef Jerky.
We now have a very productive garden and have set up a farm stand on our property where we provide our eggs, jerky and just picked veggies from our garden.
Our Okra, Tomatoes and Cucumbers go 1st every morning!!
So feel free to come out to FM 1816 & 1806, just off SE corner (called Four Corners Rd or Belcherville/Montague Highways). We're about 8 miles from Bowie one way & Montague the other & 4 miles from Goldburg school off 81.
We will also be at July Market, with items including fresh Wild Plum Jelly!
Tell your friends!
Visit our website for all our contact info www.ManellsCowboyCreations.com
K Downs

United States

#9 Jul 11, 2014
PS: Eating local does help allergies, but BIG help is eating local honey. It has to be local due to the pollen, etc.
We are working on Hives, but aren't there yet. Not sure of who has any.
jus sayin

United States

#10 Jul 12, 2014
Someone in forestburg does

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ryan Wells (Dec '13) 16 hr Jambo 9
News Moving the Mexican Border (Sep '14) 16 hr huey goins 13
Election Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) Mon Grunt and Fart 19,752
Divorce lawyer (Aug '11) Sun BEW 20
Tonya Parr May 22 very nice 2
Caleb Diehl May 22 GHS_Dad 16
bowie memorial hospital taxes May 22 no more taxes 14
More from around the web

Bowie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]