Sheriff Cunningham asks for early rel...

Sheriff Cunningham asks for early release of meth cook?

Posted in the Bowie Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The Dad

Spencer, IN

#1 May 18, 2012
Why would Sheriff Paul Cunningham ask for the early release of a convicted meth cook who had been found guilty by a jury of Montague County Citizens and sentenced by our District Judge? The letter was on Montague County Sheriff letterhead and signed Paul Cunningham Sheriff of Montague County. Last I heard he was supposed to be tough on crime.
About par

United States

#2 May 18, 2012
The Dad wrote:
Why would Sheriff Paul Cunningham ask for the early release of a convicted meth cook who had been found guilty by a jury of Montague County Citizens and sentenced by our District Judge? The letter was on Montague County Sheriff letterhead and signed Paul Cunningham Sheriff of Montague County. Last I heard he was supposed to be tough on crime.
Come on, Bob- don't seem so desparate to have to post this on two different topics. People are asking for a shake-up, and you seem to be on the list...
lmao

Wichita Falls, TX

#3 May 18, 2012
Go on fb it's there, you get on topix here it is. 25 years is still a lot of time, what abt the molesters here? Give them 25 yrs and let the dopers rot their brains and teeth if they want. If ppl who have family members on dope would not enable them to use or be the scape goat for them, then I would imagine they would either die or straighten up. But idk look at Travis Moore he's still kicken I had him come do some paint work for me, you know we didn't even have to buy paint? He just coughed a bunch and it got painted :)
reasonable

Nocona, TX

#4 May 18, 2012
How much time was he given at first? Was it a first time offense? If it was he deserves to do some time and live some sort of life, it's not like he killed someone or ruined a child's life.
hmmmn

Atlanta, GA

#5 May 19, 2012
The Dad wrote:
Where can i read this letterhead
wth

Wichita Falls, TX

#6 May 19, 2012
hmmmn wrote:
<quoted text>Where can i read this letterhead
bobs fb, some lance dude, get on fb it's there
The Dad

Mexia, TX

#7 May 19, 2012
About par wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on, Bob- don't seem so desparate to have to post this on two different topics. People are asking for a shake-up, and you seem to be on the list...
I am not Bob, I am very disturbed that our Sheriff feels that he needs to spend his time trying to get people out of jail who were convicted by the citizens of this county. I dont understand this. I am very displeased because I have lost good friends to this terrible addiction.
Tired of it too

Indiahoma, OK

#8 May 19, 2012
reasonable wrote:
How much time was he given at first? Was it a first time offense? If it was he deserves to do some time and live some sort of life, it's not like he killed someone or ruined a child's life.
? Meth? not deadly or capable of ruining a child's life? That's a fool's statement.

Sorry, I have to strongly disagree with you on that point. I'd support extermination of all meth dealers, first catch - pretty much any dealer for that matter on the 2nd catch.
reasonable

Nocona, TX

#9 May 19, 2012
Tired of it too wrote:
<quoted text>? Meth? not deadly or capable of ruining a child's life? That's a fool's statement.

Sorry, I have to strongly disagree with you on that point. I'd support extermination of all meth dealers, first catch - pretty much any dealer for that matter on the 2nd catch.
I never said it wasn't deadly or incapable of killing a child. I asked if in this case was any child hurt?
Tired of it too

Graham, TX

#10 May 19, 2012
So if it was YOUR child that bought meth from this person (and I have no idea who it is), that would be OK?

Because in my view, it's always someone's child, spouse, loved one, relative - whatever. There's always harm done if you are cooking/selling/using meth.
The Dad

United States

#11 May 19, 2012
Alright, back to the point. Why is the leading Law Enforcement Official in this county writing this letter? Is it his place to try to get someones sentence reduced? It does not matter whether it is someones first offense or their thirty first offense. He has taken an oath to uphold the laws of the State of Texas and to protect this community. He has shown in another document that he feels that serving the public and enforcing the law is a game. And all of this on a Montague County letterhead. Is he really acting in the best interest of this county? Do we really need someone who plays games with peoples lives? I dont know about you but it makes me nervous when there is a contest to see how many people you can arrest? Arresting someone is depriving them of their freedom. I dont want to go to jail for something I did not do just so someone can win a hotdog dinner.
Sassafras

Decatur, TX

#12 May 19, 2012
The Dad wrote:
Alright, back to the point. Why is the leading Law Enforcement Official in this county writing this letter? Is it his place to try to get someones sentence reduced? It does not matter whether it is someones first offense or their thirty first offense. He has taken an oath to uphold the laws of the State of Texas and to protect this community. He has shown in another document that he feels that serving the public and enforcing the law is a game. And all of this on a Montague County letterhead. Is he really acting in the best interest of this county? Do we really need someone who plays games with peoples lives? I dont know about you but it makes me nervous when there is a contest to see how many people you can arrest? Arresting someone is depriving them of their freedom. I dont want to go to jail for something I did not do just so someone can win a hotdog dinner.
I find it odd that Cunningham would be trying to get the sentence of a meth cook reduced. Is business slow ? all he has to do is look around and he would find plenty to keep him busy.
reasonable

Nocona, TX

#13 May 19, 2012
Tired of it too wrote:
So if it was YOUR child that bought meth from this person (and I have no idea who it is), that would be OK?

Because in my view, it's always someone's child, spouse, loved one, relative - whatever. There's always harm done if you are cooking/selling/using meth.
Never said it would be ok. I said he should do time. I'm just don't want someone if they are just sick from the disease of addiction to pay the price of their whole life in prison. I'm also not naive enough to think if my son bought drugs off one drug dealer that it's all the dealer's fault. He will just go somewhere else to get it. I would try and get him the help he needed.
silly people

Decatur, TX

#14 May 19, 2012
read the book meth equals sorcery or breaking crimes vicious cycle thats and idiot statement to say exterminate all dealers some people mess up get off track and then they realize and come back even stronger and better people who make a real difference in peoples lives who can relate with addicts and others that might need help so get off your high horses looking for gossip and drama thats whats wrong with this town. go to lighthouse church and look around at the people alot of them ten years ago were the meth cooks and dealers now they are making a positive change in this county so look at the whole story before you crucify anyone thats someones son father grandchild that everyone is so fast to judge walk in his shoes before you pass judgement on anyone
Tired of it too

Graham, TX

#15 May 20, 2012
I didn't need to read any book - I sadly lived next door to the sideshow. Tweakers and freaks stole years of my life along with anything they could get their hands on. They gave my kids an education we only WISH we could forget.

We lived with the creatures stealing and creeping around 24 hours a day. lol - no, I didn't need any book.

But speaking of books, isn't something about splinters in yours...you know the whole, "get off your high horses looking for gossip and drama thats whats wrong with this town"?

Keep spreading that message of love and forgiveness. lol
About par

United States

#16 May 20, 2012
The Dad wrote:
<quoted text> I am not Bob, I am very disturbed that our Sheriff feels that he needs to spend his time trying to get people out of jail who were convicted by the citizens of this county. I dont understand this. I am very displeased because I have lost good friends to this terrible addiction.
Sorry- my bad! I agree with you though.
silly people

Decatur, TX

#17 May 20, 2012
you must be one of those people or not a christian i dont push my views or spread my message to anyone but since it is a public gorum i am entitled to my own voiced opinion as are you its america thats what the founding fathers wanted when they declared independence from the close minded tyrants that were controlling them and refused to change or view things with an open mind dnt forget it was killers thiefs and prisoners that jesus was around hoping for a difference and yes bowie texas has alot of gossip and drama and people with closed minds and views
Tired of it too

Graham, TX

#18 May 20, 2012
silly people wrote:
you must be one of those people or not a christian i dont push my views or spread my message to anyone but since it is a public gorum i am entitled to my own voiced opinion as are you its america thats what the founding fathers wanted when they declared independence from the close minded tyrants that were controlling them and refused to change or view things with an open mind dnt forget it was killers thiefs and prisoners that jesus was around hoping for a difference and yes bowie texas has alot of gossip and drama and people with closed minds and views
He wasn't a killer or a thief and neither were they after they met Him.

We are all also allowed my freedom of speech and the right to the pursuit of happiness - UP TO the point that it infringes on someone else's rights. Drug heads are a problem/burden/general thorn in the side of their family, their community, their entire country, because of the selfish, greedy choices they make. They are destroyers and a danger to everyone around them.

I resent having my rights trampled on because of their "illness". But they get to make the choice to use, the rest of us just have to deal with their bad choices.
Tired of it too

Graham, TX

#19 May 20, 2012
Anything you're not against, you are for - be hot or cold.
Addie

Sunset, TX

#20 May 26, 2013
Tired of it too wrote:
Anything you're not against, you are for - be hot or cold.
yes, and give unto Ceasar, that which is Ceasar's....the law's of man are the law.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jarae scruggs Fri Anonymous 22
alvord school teachers Jul 21 Kernel 1
Here is a great reason to call your State rep a... Jul 20 Randy Nichols 1
Marvin Miller Jul 20 Itchittis 4
News Chico High School principal leaves for Azle Jul 20 anne 4
Yet another incident of policemen shot Jul 18 Give me a break 3
Bowie streets Jul 18 Give me a break 7

Bowie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance