EPISD cleared in Bowie HS TAKS test inquiry

Full story: El Paso Times

Texas Education Agency investigators cleared the El Paso Independent School District of allegations that TAKS cheating took place at Bowie High School in 2008.
Comments
21 - 40 of 194 Comments Last updated Jun 24, 2012
panchito y panchita

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Judged:

Way to go0o0oo bears!!!!!!!! SHAPLEIGH U SUCK!!!!! We the bears dont cheat we do our best at taks test time!!!!!!!! LETS G0o0o0o lets show shapleigh we dont cheat!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE PANCHITA!!!!<3
sacarias white

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Judged:

idont know why episd is wasting so much money on stupid investigations teacher come to school an work so hard and there saying that there letting us cheat plz i sood on my ass for four hours so i can get a good grade your not given us the credit we deserve
Miriam

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Judged:

They can not say that we cheating because we are not the only school that pass the TAKS. Why are we the only school that every time they say Bowie did this, Bowie does that? They always have something bad to say about Bowie. But never anything about other schools that maybe actually be cheating.
Hilda

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Judged:

Shap ur an EMBARASSEMENT for El Paso...Bowie DID NOT cheat... just because their tryin to succeed and become someone in life you..now you are trying to bring them ALL down!!!!!!!
viianeey

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Judged:

Bowie isn't cheating please don't SPEAK if don't know OK?(:
Lillian

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Judged:

Why does every person think that Bowie can be cheating? That's why they came in and see that we are not CHEATING.. why every time is BOWIE...why? But they don not know, or are able to accept, that Bowie can be better than other schools.
Mariel

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Judged:

I think that Bowie High School is progressing by now, because the students are being more respectful with each other. I don't think the students were cheating. I think Shapleigh is wrong about what he is saying about Bowie. He has to be more focused on his things than our school. If he doesn't know the things perfectly about what is happening at Bowie, then he didn't have to talk about it. Just because the students have good scores on the TAKS, that doesn't mean the students were cheating.
Tinkers_Buddy

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Judged:

Well first of all BOWIE IS THE BEST SCHOOL THERE'S EVER BEEN<33 Even thought people say that we cheated we don't really care all we know is that we didn't and that's all!! So save your comments and stop heating just because you all can't get a high grades like we do<33
3sa _SpOOky

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Judged:

Bowie is the best school ever and WE know we DID NOT CHEAT we don't care what other people think. We're proud of our school and we're going to keep rising up no matter what. YES we are Mexicans but were PROUD MEXICANS! WE believe in our selves...so stop saying those things about us please... GO BEARS!!!
tu papa in english ur dad

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Judged:

well well shapleigh i thimk you SUCK!!!!! BIG TIME and bowie isn't cheatin just beacause we're from the Segundo Barrio or from Juarez doesn't mean that you can judge us and get away with it. ur a dumb foooooooooll!!!!!!!!!!

From you'r daddy and in spanish de tu papi!!!!!!!!!!
bowie bears

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Judged:

Don't hate just because there's more people getting better grade's, because there are more people that want to be something in life and not being in evryones mouth saying
"Bowie has the most drop out's". people who want a better future, no we did not cheat as people were told by the ones who want Bowie closed.
Tu Papa

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Judged:

Hey YOU DO NOT EVEN KNOW HOW WE ARE, AND YOU ARE EMBARRASSING US. WE HAD NEVER CHEAT ON THE TAKS SO STOP SAYING BAD THINGS OF US.
tu_me

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Judged:

Shapleigh's is Very WRONG we
don't cheat on the TAKS.
We try our Best but that doesn't mean
WE CHEAT.
So STOP saying bad things about BOWIE!
melissa

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Judged:

Shapleigh should shut up he needs to stop talkin bad about Bowie. He should be happy because Bowie is improving and Bowie is rated recognized. We work very hard to get good scores in the TAKS test. He has no idea of the hard work we do every day , he should not talk if he doesn't know if he is right or not . If Emy Johnson already said that there is no indication that students were prevented from taking the TAKS then why did he file an appeal???Shapleigh should think before he speaks. We don't cheat it's just that Shapleigh can't admit that Bowie is getting better and better every year. >:(
devil

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Judged:

People said we the students at bowie cheated at the TAKS but what people do not know is that we the students along with the teachers help work as hard as any student from any school. Just because we have a low income does not mean we are a bad or corrupt or can't learn. There are many things we do as a team and as a family with hard work and effort. If there could only be a way to demonstrate that they are wrong we would do it, because our scores don't seem to be enough. It does not matter what we would do as long as it would stop people that like to talk horrible things just to make someone look bad because they can't accept we can be better than them. What's the point the only thing they are doing is letting everyone know they are poisonous snakes looking for a victim to kill. GET A LIFE AND LIVE IT! JUST ACCEPT IT GET IT OVER WITH WE CAN BE BETTER THAN ANYONE. THIS IS NOT ALL WE CAN GIVE.
MRZ

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Judged:

BOWIE HIGH SCHOOL has students with great capacity to pass the TAKS and be great people. There is never doubt of our ability to do things.
SYM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Judged:

I cant believe that someone said that things about Bowie because Bowie is the only school that help spanish speaking students to talk English. Fist, nobody can say that we cheat in TAKS, we do the best in that test. You are all heaters about Bowie. BOWIE HIGH SCHOOL IS THE BEST...
Rdz

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

The students of Bowie High school are able to pass the TAKS, they do not need to cheat.
big black guy

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Judged:

bowie is cheating ok all u guy from el paso school district can go to all hell
salas

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Judged:

I think that all this,is one problem very big, because all the student have rigths the not prohibit if are mexican or america,in addition they not need make cheat to pass the TAKS, with you proper knowledge is more than enough.Also i think that the person Shapleigh,is one person no very naice, because is very hard of treat.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Bowie Forum right now

Search the Bowie Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 24 min Defiant1 17,205
Tammy Richison 36 min yeah 2
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 56 min Defiant1 21,665
fedup 15 hr Not from gay ass Bowie 4
Dance Moms (Feb '13) 22 hr dmw 34
Mistie Rizwan Mon really 3
Legend Bank (Feb '11) Jul 28 dumb and dumber 20
•••
•••
•••
•••

Bowie Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••