wishwecoulddosom ething

United States

#23 Feb 2, 2011
watch what i say? what are you going to do?? this place is for our opinions and I HAVE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. they drive with no blinker and speed all the time... just because they are cops DOES NOT MEAN THEY ALWAYS DO THE RIGH THING. We need people to watch them too.
black

United States

#24 Feb 2, 2011
wishwecoulddosomething wrote:
watch what i say? what are you going to do?? this place is for our opinions and I HAVE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. they drive with no blinker and speed all the time... just because they are cops DOES NOT MEAN THEY ALWAYS DO THE RIGH THING. We need people to watch them too.
My dad is a cop and I would appreciate it if you didn't talk crap.
wishwecoulddosom ething

United States

#25 Feb 2, 2011
If your Bob's kid, I can see why you would say that because honestly he is a good guy but I am not talking about anyone in specific so dont get your feelings hurt, i am not saying ALL the ccops do this, but I am stating what I saw with my OWN eyes. and if you know your father is a good man don't let things bother you because people are going to talk no matter what. but It is true that it is wrong for a COP to be doing things he pulls people over for, now if your father doesn't do that..then that excludes him then
7ate9

Wichita Falls, TX

#26 Feb 2, 2011
slinky wrote:
I have a business on wise st. I see cars flying by all day long I see motorcycles doing wheelies past my business but I never see a city cop . what are they doing all day or night ? I know many people would just as soon they not write tickets but that is what they are there for to write tickets to keep people under control and bring in some revenue for the city .
I'd rather have them arrest drug addicts, even though I shouldn't have to choose one or the other.
anc

United States

#27 Feb 3, 2011
They r great
girl

Bowie, TX

#28 Feb 19, 2011
There's alot more crime in Bowie then speeding if a cop was doing traffic and not going to assaults or robberies u would be bitching about that let them do their job and u do urs
Lt Friday

Muenster, TX

#29 Feb 28, 2011
sgt Friday wrote:
They are all out chasing meth heads(sorry - we know that is not happening). Now on a serious note. I have seen school zones with cars not even slowing their speed at all much less down to twenty. Someone going 5 miles an hour to fast through town is not really a concern for me. The schools however, are a big concern. One would hope that if the officers are not answering calls - they could tear themselves away from Allsups during school start and end times. Put one police car at each school different streets each day. That would leave the other 2 patrol cars to guard the donuts at allsups.
You have no idea about what it is that Law Enforcment does. You people live in denial!
Lt Friday

Muenster, TX

#30 Feb 28, 2011
wishwecoulddosomething wrote:
Cops are expempt from the Traffic Code (law). That is why their license plates say, "Exempt!"

If you don't like it, go to your lawmakers!
slinky

Wichita Falls, TX

#31 Mar 1, 2011
girl wrote:
There's alot more crime in Bowie then speeding if a cop was doing traffic and not going to assaults or robberies u would be bitching about that let them do their job and u do urs
when I started this last year the point was that you never see the bowie police that is unless you drive by alsups on 59.
that means they are not stopping the assaults or the burglaries or robberies . they just show up after the fact and pretty much do nothing . so if they were out patrolling they would be taking care of all the above .

Since: Aug 08

Rhome, TX

#32 Mar 1, 2011
slinky wrote:
<quoted text>
when I started this last year the point was that you never see the bowie police that is unless you drive by alsups on 59.
that means they are not stopping the assaults or the burglaries or robberies . they just show up after the fact and pretty much do nothing . so if they were out patrolling they would be taking care of all the above .
HMM if you read the Police Blotter each week. Seems like they are doing their jobs and if you would have read the district attorney report a couple years ago you would have found that the Bowie Police file more cases than any other agency in the county. If you have a problem with they way they do the job then why not become a cop and do it yourself I bet you would change your tune then.
what

United States

#33 Mar 1, 2011
Lt Friday wrote:
<quoted text>
Cops are expempt from the Traffic Code (law). That is why their license plates say, "Exempt!"
Cops are not exempt from traffic laws because of their license plates or school buses and any other government vehicle would be exempt.
Really

United States

#34 Mar 1, 2011
Really Dad? Hardly deserving of bragging rights I would think. Bowie should have logged more cases since it has (according to the recent census)almost double the population of Nocona and 5 times that of the next largest town - St. Jo.

United States

#35 Mar 3, 2011
Really wrote:
Really Dad? Hardly deserving of bragging rights I would think. Bowie should have logged more cases since it has (according to the recent census)almost double the population of Nocona and 5 times that of the next largest town - St. Jo.
well it sounds like they are doing something to me.
Bowie07

Wichita Falls, TX

#36 Mar 3, 2011
I got pulled over the other day for speeding.
drj

Troy, MI

#37 Mar 3, 2011
Lt Friday wrote:
<quoted text>Cops are expempt from the Traffic Code (law). That is why their license plates say, "Exempt!"

That is not why their license plates say exempt. They say exempt because those vehicles are exempt from registration and taxes.

2nd, they absolutely are not "exempt" from traffic code "law". They are only aloud to operate their assigned motor vehicle outside the bounds of the law "with due regard" while enroute to carry out specific department duties in connection with traffic or emergencies.
humpbacks

Wichita Falls, TX

#38 Mar 3, 2011
My first day with a permit I got pulled over
Bowie07

Wichita Falls, TX

#39 Mar 3, 2011
drj wrote:
<quoted text>That is not why their license plates say exempt. They say exempt because those vehicles are exempt from registration and taxes.

2nd, they absolutely are not "exempt" from traffic code "law". They are only aloud to operate their assigned motor vehicle outside the bounds of the law "with due regard" while enroute to carry out specific department duties in connection with traffic or emergencies.
Stop complaining honestly. Can one forum from this town not gripe? Would that be so impossible. Unless you people want to leave your families and patrol the roads then shhhhhhhhhh! I for one could not do their job. Can we please support our town instead of tear it to shreds??
Lawabidingcitize n

Douglas, WY

#40 Mar 6, 2011
Im not so worried about them pulling people over but that my neighborhood has gone to SHIT with DRUGS I have spoke to the officers about this thay know it and do nothing about it. Ive ask them to close patrol thay dont. There are to many kids over here that have found dope bags needles and othere items and nothing is done WHAT IS GOING ON?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#41 Mar 7, 2011
sgt Friday wrote:
They are all out chasing meth heads(sorry - we know that is not happening). Now on a serious note. I have seen school zones with cars not even slowing their speed at all much less down to twenty. Someone going 5 miles an hour to fast through town is not really a concern for me. The schools however, are a big concern. One would hope that if the officers are not answering calls - they could tear themselves away from Allsups during school start and end times. Put one police car at each school different streets each day. That would leave the other 2 patrol cars to guard the donuts at allsups.
1. i agree with the placement of police units at the schools during the most important times of day
2. you are an idiot, allsups doesnt "do" donuts...the only ones they sell are the crappy "come in a bag" kind. they arent like a 7-11 or a quick-stop.
3. you are one of the few people that have any sense on this site.

Sarasota, FL

#42 Mar 7, 2011
sgt Friday wrote:
Ok so if they arnt catching meth heads then who has been arresting the ones that have been going to jail charged with dope? And as far as placing patrol cars at the schools, just how many cops do you think are on duty in Bowie at one time?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ritzy Rags 2 hr benic87 2
Moving the Mexican Border 4 hr grilled cheese 7
Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 7 hr Defiant1 19,217
moving to bowie tx?? (Oct '08) 18 hr Wanting_Simplicity 80
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 23 hr Fossilfarts 677
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Fri Manny 535
New city. Of Bowie code compliance Thu Go New code girl 32
Bowie Dating
Find my Match

Bowie Jobs

Bowie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Bowie News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Bowie

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]