when was the last time you saw a bowi...

when was the last time you saw a bowie cop do a traffic stop

Posted in the Bowie Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
slinky

Wichita Falls, TX

#1 Oct 13, 2010
I have a business on wise st. I see cars flying by all day long I see motorcycles doing wheelies past my business but I never see a city cop . what are they doing all day or night ? I know many people would just as soon they not write tickets but that is what they are there for to write tickets to keep people under control and bring in some revenue for the city .
Good Gosh

United States

#2 Oct 13, 2010
I see the police patrolling Wise pretty frequently.
concerned

United States

#3 Oct 13, 2010
I sit on Mill St. every day waiting for my childern to get out of school and every day I wonder where the cops are. The traffic on that street is crazy! People are speeding and talking on their cell phone all while being in the school zone.
john

Zavalla, TX

#4 Oct 15, 2010
I saw them writting tickets in the school zone yesterday and today.
eyeballs

United States

#5 Oct 16, 2010
i see them out patrolling and writing a ticket every so often. but the school zones definitely need more patrolling.
Good Gosh

Burkburnett, TX

#6 Oct 18, 2010
I saw an officer with a vehicle pulled over of Wise Fri. evening

Since: Sep 10

United States

#8 Oct 26, 2010
They are all out chasing meth heads(sorry - we know that is not happening). Now on a serious note. I have seen school zones with cars not even slowing their speed at all much less down to twenty. Someone going 5 miles an hour to fast through town is not really a concern for me. The schools however, are a big concern. One would hope that if the officers are not answering calls - they could tear themselves away from Allsups during school start and end times. Put one police car at each school different streets each day. That would leave the other 2 patrol cars to guard the donuts at allsups.

Since: Sep 10

United States

#9 Oct 29, 2010
When was the last time you saw the dog catcher - catch a dog? I have watched him drive by dozens as they roam the streets. Do we just not have the capacity to hold the dogs? Or, just don't want to bother enforcement?
hwy59

United States

#10 Oct 29, 2010
James Canntwell is in charge of city workers. he just lets them all do wht they want. If he did his job the dog catcher and everyone else would have to work.
Anonymous

United States

#11 Nov 2, 2010
slinky wrote:
I have a business on wise st. I see cars flying by all day long I see motorcycles doing wheelies past my business but I never see a city cop . what are they doing all day or night ? I know many people would just as soon they not write tickets but that is what they are there for to write tickets to keep people under control and bring in some revenue for the city .
I work at night in the Falls I get home very late at night and have been stopped or followed through town OFTEN.(The Patrolman is curious I'm sure) there is a lot going on after midnight in Bowie (Suprised???) they seem to be doing an ok job and when the call comes they actually show up sometimes in force. nice to see you concerned and rightfully so but believe me the Bowie PD is watching.
nobody

Wichita Falls, TX

#12 Nov 2, 2010
Last time I seen the Bowie Police doing any thing, They were writing tickets to Jr High students. They are constantly writing tickets to adolesents.

Since: Jun 10

Locust Grove, OK

#13 Nov 2, 2010
It is a shame, if these parents would raise their children in a correct manner our officers would have time to take care of other stuff!!!! RAISE YOUR OWN KIDS!!!!
sammy

United States

#14 Nov 3, 2010
I wish they would write them more - obviously, their parents don't give a [email protected]#^! and will let them run loose without a thought to what they're getting into to.

Shame they're not busting the parents instead because it's their responsibility. The kids are NOT being rasied - they're just turned out like a bunch of feral animals - left to their own devices.
SmallTownMindsNe verLeave

Bowie, TX

#16 Dec 16, 2010
nobody wrote:
Last time I seen the Bowie Police doing any thing, They were writing tickets to Jr High students. They are constantly writing tickets to adolesents.
Probably because all the dead beat parents aren't raising kids with any morals these days so they have to step in
disgusted

United States

#17 Jan 3, 2011
nobody wrote:
So the cop you are referring to is officer Bob? You want him to send the kids on their way acting like fools or do his job like these other low life people are bitching about? You're right we should let all the adolescents run around smoking pot and fighting!(sarcasm, don't know if you're smart enough to recognize it)
hobo joe

Dallas, TX

#18 Jan 3, 2011
Last time they pulled me
Over.
absolutely

Melissa, TX

#19 Feb 1, 2011
Bowie is limited on the number of patrol officers that are on duty at one time, so I know they cannot be everywhere. I would, however, love to see the police at school when parents are dropping their children off. Maybe that way the officers could write citations to the parents pulling out after letting their kids out that don't bother to look for traffic before they pull out. I know because I do not have children in school anymore and I have almost been hit by one of these parents two days in a row. Also, maybe they could write citations to the parents letting their children out that double park while doing so. Just get in line like everyone else and wait your turn.
wishwecoulddosom ething

United States

#20 Feb 1, 2011
I don't know but I am sick of seeing Bowie cops turning very quickly with no blinker...and NO LIGHTS, I am tired of them driving wayyyy over 20mph in a school zone during school. again WITH NO LIGHTS ON. Atleast if you are going to screw off put your lights on. Nobody wants to hear another story of a cop not doing his job...SO DON"T GIVE US REASONS!!!
hwy 59

United States

#21 Feb 1, 2011
We can take care of all these problems. Just let us know when and where youre going to be speeding.
black

United States

#22 Feb 1, 2011
Watch what you say, the cops do a fine job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Central hospital of Bowie Dec 5 Uncle Tom 9
Crystal Richard Dec 5 Uncle Tom 2
Jalana Garcia Nov 17 Red 7
Wreck Nov 17 Diana 1
Puppy Mill Update???? (Jan '10) Oct '17 Slimpin 6
Looking for a GOOD builder (Nov '10) Oct '17 rukidingme 33
bowie subway (Oct '16) Oct '17 Jamie 4

Bowie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance