First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Awful

Wichita Falls, TX

#21 Jan 29, 2014
Wow wrote:
Wow, is all I can say. You don't even know what you are talking about and already spreading hate! Good grief, move out of Bowie, we don't need you. People drive for hours to go see historical markers, land marks, Guiness Book of World Record items (the new Bowie Knife), lakes, antique shops, resale shops and trade day or flea markets. You have no idea what you are talking about! That knife is being funded by donation, buy the brick, get your name on the beautiful monument! Yes, I think I will. The city has absolutely NOTHING to do with this knife project, they only approved where the knife could be located. If you want to hate and complain about what this city has or has not, get your money out and open a business!! Let's see if you are smart enough because I don't think you are. We have 5500 people in Bowie, there are no Malls, large department stores, fancy restaurants, or entertainment venues because we don't have enough people or the median income to support them! Now take the passy out of your mouth and go play.

:( your post is mean and degrading - anything useful you might have to say is lost in the bile.
yes

United States

#22 Jan 31, 2014
http://bowieknifeproject.com/tiles.html

Funded by the people, for the people...and yes, it will bring people to Bowie, just to see that knife. While they are here, they will grab a drink or food from Sonic, DQ, Nostalgia or Dos Chiles, Spicy Mexico, Longhorn, Subway, Bella's Italian perhaps and guess what? They might need gas from Alsups, Bowie Mart or Murphy's. Woops passed by the TAT shop, might check that out, or the many resale shops (people like junk shops), the antique shops like Martha's Attic...One look at the World's Largest Knife can drop $$ into the Bowie economy. What a deal! Just because you don't think it is a good idea, doesn't mean it won't work. People travel on vacations, see the sign, and in they will come. You'll see. Might take a chance and open a business...
Just sayin

Graham, TX

#23 Jan 31, 2014
Well the Chamber is a joke also
been said by many they don't support there own Bowie businesses!
Agree

Graham, TX

#24 Jan 31, 2014
Just sayin wrote:
Well the Chamber is a joke also
been said by many they don't support there own Bowie businesses!
I totally agree with what you are saying. the Bowie Chamber is a joke. They are all big talk and no action.
wkwkwkwkwk

Bowie, TX

#25 Feb 12, 2014
Well,Can the Chamber of Commerce take up a "Donation" to have the street's fixed?!?!?!!Because,the city sure isn't going to do it!!!!!!
Poncho

United States

#26 Feb 12, 2014
We would come closer to having the city fix the streets before the Chamber of Commerce in Bowie. The Cof C would only take bids from contractors outside of the city.
Viva de la Mehico

White Oak, TX

#27 Feb 17, 2014
Im sure half of mexico will want to show up and see the LARGEST knife in Texas, or the WHOLE land for that matter. You know how them Mexicans are about their knives. My uncle Leon use to say the only thing worse than a drunk Mexican with a knife was two drunk Mexicans with a knife. Its all good though cause them Mexicans are use to driving on crappy roads down there in mexico and if we are lucky maybe a few of them will stay and help fix the roads.
OHLAY

White Oak, TX

#28 Feb 17, 2014
that's just what this place needs is some more damn Mexicans.
Laura

United States

#29 Feb 17, 2014
Send them up to the RAC, alot of Senorita's that like to do ya favors!
Bowie Lifer

Plano, TX

#30 Mar 2, 2014
I think we should build another bank!
Ted

Bowie, TX

#31 Mar 2, 2014
I think what you're all saying here is our streets are messed up there are drugs in our city corrupt inattentive government so "lets build us a giant knife". LMAO
Jersey boys

Graham, TX

#32 Mar 2, 2014
this goes to show the high level of stupidity in this fu$#ed up town. they will spend $170,000 so that we can brag on having the largest Jim Bowie knife in the world. I ask you...who gives a rats ass. this will not bring one penny of revenue to the town. I wuld like to know who came up with this brillant idea. this person will earn the "Bowie Dumbass Award" for 2014.
Go White boys

Plano, TX

#33 Mar 3, 2014
If one wants to truly create something that epitomizes the people of Bowie, Texas may I suggest a huge 4-wheel drive pickup truck with a Confederate flag hanging off the back and the driver wearing a KKK hood. Now that will bring in the masses!
Ted

Bowie, TX

#34 Mar 3, 2014
Go White boys wrote:
If one wants to truly create something that epitomizes the people of Bowie, Texas may I suggest a huge 4-wheel drive pickup truck with a Confederate flag hanging off the back and the driver wearing a KKK hood. Now that will bring in the masses!
Yes just what our fair city needs more inbreeding. Before anyone says I'm wrong go spend 20 min at our local wal mart.
jus sayin

United States

#35 Mar 4, 2014
Go White boys wrote:
I wish topix had a like button
Hormonger

Plano, TX

#36 Mar 5, 2014
I think that 170k could be better spent many ways. Like to build a whorehouse or something that would stimulate commerce. Of course we would have to run all of the ones giving it away for free off before the real whores would have a chance but this seems alot more practical than making a knife that wont even cut butter.
Ted

Bowie, TX

#37 Mar 6, 2014
Hormonger wrote:
I think that 170k could be better spent many ways. Like to build a whorehouse or something that would stimulate commerce. Of course we would have to run all of the ones giving it away for free off before the real whores would have a chance but this seems alot more practical than making a knife that wont even cut butter.
That's gonna be the next thing we build for no reason what so ever The Worlds Largest Stick of Butter.
Pro Knife

United States

#38 Mar 18, 2014
I agree with "yes" in that it is being funded by the people (not the city, not the chamber of commerce, not the state of Texas), for the people (vacationers, locals, surrounding states)...and yes, it will bring people to Bowie, just to see that knife. The comments here are mean, lies about our city and lies about the citizens. I am ashamed of whoever you are, or think you are. In addition, the comments about inbreeds or KKK is down right wrong.
Maybe

Graham, TX

#39 Mar 22, 2014
I would sure rather see my money go to the auditorium restoration - in the long run, I think it would provide a much bigger draw than the knife. Just my opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bowie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judy Hawkins (Apr '11) Sep 16 Misty 24
New to town Sep 16 Allison 1
Kristina Dluge (Feb '11) Sep 16 Rick 3
Prostitution Sep 15 Rick 4
kkk (Sep '10) Sep 13 NeoBowie ite 68
new gossip? (Sep '10) Sep 10 poopjew 195
Nicole white Sep 9 BetterThenYou 7

Bowie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance