|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2009

Anon wrote:
http://mlis.state.md.us/2009rs /billfile/hb0470.htm
Maryland citizens, do your part and contact your delegates to help get this bill passed! This will turn Maryland to a shall-issue state!
Apparently this bill died in committee. No action by the Senate. That's really disappointing.
Mike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2009

AL for us wrote:
I moved out of maryland, i am in detroit but at least i can carry my glock where i want.
Same here.. I moved to Florida and got mine this year. I don't even own a gun yet!!!
John former MP

Lutherville Timonium, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2009

Just so you know they also make it difficult for professionals to obtain a permit just for work.
Good Citizen

Sterling, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2009

Maryland is known the world over for being one of if not the only states in America where illegal aliens can get a permit to drive a deadly weapon around the streets. (More people are killed by automobiles than by guns.) However, responsible citizens are denied the right to (legally) carry a concealed firearm. As unlikely as it is that one would need to present their weapon, the right to have it available should be granted. If firearm training is the issue then require training just as the state does for driver's licenses.
ccc

Hanover, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2009

I grew up here (in MD) and have lived all over, including Europe. I'll start off by saying that I am grateful that i can at least protect my home...unlike the UK. However, there are some harsh realities that come with living in this State. The politicians play to the 'unprivledged many' living in the urban center and not to the folks who live where I do. For whatever reason, they are content with the laws as they are....maybe because they have resigned themselves to the fact that they are in need of the government to do everything for them, including protection. I do think it is a sign of the times, where big government gains the support of those those who can't or more likely choose not to take care of themselves. The mere notion that there are people who are will to take the resposibility for their own saftey and well being, I believe, is a foriegn concept to many. I saw it in the UK and I'm seeing it take hold here. I think the politicians see making it a crime to carry a wepond their only way of 'preventing' people from using them. Look at the data....it really works, doesn't it........
AGM

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2009

I don't know why the legislation in maryland thinks law abiding citizens are irresponsible idiots that can't be trusted with a weapon. The point has allready been made but here it goes again- criminals dont like the fact that citizens could be carrying a weapon and will defend themselves and others around them. Crime would drop if our citizens could carry. Empowering our citizens would go along way in giving the criminals something to think about before they commit a violent crime. I do back our police and they do a great job, but I also know that they are stretched thin at times and usually cannot respond fast enough to a call to make a difference if someone is intent to start shooting innocent people. How many more tradegies do we need to see before we begin to understand that one armed citizen at the right place and time could save many lives through their actions. Food for thought. Thanks.
Rob

Severna Park, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2009

mjt5689 wrote:
I also live in Maryland, and one of my friends got mugged last year by someone with a gun, in Bowie. Can't even be safe in my own town anymore it would seem. I also heard that if you walk into a State Police office and ask for a CCW form, they lie and say they ran out when they are really hiding it.
Figures
ciy

Bowie, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2009

i prefer a stun gun.
45ACP

Arnold, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2009

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, the 2nd amendment, the right to bear arms wasn't put there so everyone who wanted who was paranoid about being assaulted could carry a gun. It was put there to give the people the right to bear arms and form militia to protect against the tyranny of government. In other words, The United States, having just overcome the dictated laws and taxes of England, wanted protection to ensure the same couldn't be done by their own government. Now, do you really think we're on the brink of another Civil War? I highly doubt it. So there goes that need.
I too grew up and have lived in the Baltimore area all of my life. I like to think that while the area has it's problems, my life is not in imminent danger every time I step out of my home.
This is not to say that I think no one should own guns. I believe everyone should be given the right to a THOROUGH background check and then have the right to own a gun either for game (hunting) or home invasion protection. If someone breaks into your home with a gun, I think you have the right to shoot them. I'm not a bleeding heart liberal who thinks no one should own a gun and we shouldn't hunt or eat meat, blah, blah, blah. If you want to own a gun and use it responsibly for hunting and home protection, go right ahead and apply for a permit to do so.
But if you want to be able to walk the streets of my city/state (yeah, it's my city/state too, I pay my taxes) then you had better prove, beyond a doubt, that you need to carry that pistol because your life literally depends upon it.
TELL THAT BS TO THE FAMILIES OF VIRGINIA TECH STUDENTS WHO WHERE SLAUGHTERED BY A FOREIGN WACK JOB KNOWING NO ONE WOULD LIKELY BE CARRING A CONCEALED WEAPON, HE EVEN LOCKED DOORS HE WAS SO CONFIDENT THERE WAS NO THREAT TO HIM,,,WAKE UP AMERICA AND PROTECT YOUR CIVIL LIBERTY!! LAW ENFORCEMENT ?? YOU TUBE THE FBI AGENT WHO DISCHARGED HIS PISTOL SHOOTING HIMSELF AND IN THE PRESENCE OF SCHOOL CHILDREN, THAT'S INSANE. THANK GOD NO CHILD WAS INJURED " PHYSICALLY ANYWAY" DC NATIONS CAPITOL HIGHEST CRIME RATE CAUSE THE THUG KNOW 95% OF THE PEOPLE ARE NOT ARMED..LIKE SHOOTING FISH IN A BARREL. GO TO TEXAS AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. MARYLAND LAW IS RIDICULOUS, LOOK AT THE HOMICIDE RATE IF THAT DON'T WARRANT A CCW PERMIT WHAT WILL !! IM GOING BACK TO THE RANGE AND HONE MY SKILLS SO IF YOU HAPPEN TO BE A VICTIM OF A VIOLENT CRIME DON'T WORRY THE POLICE WILL BE WITH YOU SHORTLY AND I WILL HAVE TO STAND THERE AND WATCH ???????
Big O And Dukes

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2009

listen 106.7 wjfk
Real American

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2009

I use to live in Texas and people still get robbed, shot and murdered by handguns. Most places in Texas it's illegal to carry your hand gun into public establishments. So you can carry your handgun if your walking down the street or in your car as long as your not going to some public restaurants, bars and stores. Just food for thought.4688
Big O And Dukes wrote:
listen 106.7 wjfk
Brad

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2009

Judged:

Good Citizen wrote:
I live in Maryland. I was a PI in Virginia but couldn't get licensed in Maryland where licensing is controlled by the State Police (as are the CCW permits). Maryland seems to be a liberal state politically but it has some of the most restrictive and controlling policies. Even an off-duty cop from across the river in Fairfax County VA can't legally carry his concealed weapon into MD. I wonder if it ever enters the mind of the criminally-inclined that the highest number of unarmed law-abiding citizens can be found in Maryland, New Jersey, and the other few may-issue states?
Wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_Enforcement_...
Good Citizen

Sterling, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2009

Hey what do you know? I got out of "the business" before 9/11 so was not aware of the change. That's a step in the right direction anyway.
Bill

Long Green, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2009

Frank Wrote:

I live in PA but work 12 hr shifts day and night 6 to 6 in Bodymore I have a permit to carry for pa. I've been known to forget that my weapon's still in my car, I don't like the prospects of what would happen to me if stopped by the MD police and the weapon was found.

Frank,

You forget your stored your weapon where it is out of your control (and easily accessed by those very car stealing criminals you have it for) and you call yourself a RESPONSIBLE gun owner? And just how WOULD you react when you are arrested by the MSP in a stop? Would you say "My bad, I was fully aware of the laws and I simply did not take them seriously?; Or, would you rail against the unfairness of the system ?"
Good Citizen

Sterling, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2009

"...and you call yourself a RESPONSIBLE gun owner?...."

Wow good point, though I can't help but think that perhaps Frank was being a little facetious with the word "forget". I work with a lot of retired law enforcement folks who leave their guns in their cars while at work. If their car got stolen they would be in the same "chain of custody" situation as Frank. The difference being that Frank would get crucified and used as an example of why we need stricter gun control and the retired cops would get sympathy for having their car AND their gun stolen.
bmore

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2009

Most people who commit the crimes in MD, or mostly inner city Baltimore, are using illegal weapons that aren't registered in the first place. So, why would they want to shoot someone with their own gun? Might as well turn yourself in as you shoot them.
Redlulu

Chandler, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2009

Judged:

I am a Marylander but currently live in Arizona. I have my CCW permit here and was wondering.. I plan on moving back to Md by the end of 2009, and if I can't wear my gun concealed, can I wear it in the open? I have no problem with that, and in fact, the more people that carry openly make others feel safer and it is a fact that if more people carried, there would be a bit less crime because a criminal would think twice before trying to commit the crime knowing that they might get their ass shot.... This society needs to stand up and get a back bone and stop letting these politicians take more of our rights away... but then again, what do you expect when we've got a communist living and ruling from the White House?
Jerry

Towson, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2009

Ive lived in maryland all my life and it has gotten worst over the years... i carry my weapon with me all the time. Becuase of marylands ridiculous laws (as we all can agree) im planning to move to VA since its impossible to be legit with it here ... i have no records and i dont deposit a shit load of money everyday and the threats i get arnt that big of a deal but honestly its impossible to get a permit here..
Bowie Resident

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2009

I have a registered sex offender (sexual assault of a minor under 15) living right across the street (with a cop and three school-age children.. smart), and he also has a record of dealing drugs and of violent criminal activity (assault with intent to murder, among others), so I personally think that this alone should give me the right to carry a gun, to protect my wife and two kids from his sorry ass!
Us Army

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2009

I have lived in VA, OH, Wv,and TX. I have had a C.W.P. in those states and the states they support. I am moveing out of TX to Maryland and I hate the idea that I can protect my country and the brother beside me in war, but I can't protect my own faimly in a city with so much crime. Things need to change.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bowie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
07816930445 Aug 13 raz 1
Wal-Mart denied request to build Supercenter in... Aug 7 Jessie 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Maryland (... (Oct '10) Jul 30 Tim the Bagger 7
Prince George's County Animal Watch Jul '14 mike 1
Maryland hospital will stop hiring smokers Jun '14 TruthBeTold 2
todd hibler Jun '14 wondering 1
Sex Abuser allowed to serve home detention in B... May '14 Chelsea 1

Search the Bowie Forum:
•••
•••
Bowie Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Bowie Jobs